I am so disgusted... - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-22-2012, 06:31 PM   #21

Name: Mike
Trailer: 1996 16' Casita SD
Louisiana
Registry
I think it's a great site. It's where I found my Trillium.
itlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 11:48 PM   #22

Trailer: Casita 2000 Spirit Deluxe
I am still searching daily too on every site I can find. Unless we head to Texas, Florida or Georgia our luck in finding one is next to nothing at this time of the year.
Karalyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 12:54 AM   #23

Name: John
Trailer: Casita
South Carolina
Registry
16 foot casita for sale in south Carolina. See classifieds
secwind7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 02:19 AM   #24

Trailer: 1981 Trillium Jubilee
I am selling my 15 foot Trillium Jubilee (Tomah WI) only because I dont use it (I have a 30 footer that I do use) The Trillium is a 1980 model and I want $3000
Bob Goad ((608) 343-6825 (days only)
Bob G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 03:22 AM   #25
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2007 17 ft Casita
Take the reverse tact: Post a CASTIA WANTED ad and let the sellers call you. With any luck, you'll get a call from someone looking to sell and you won't have to compete with other potential buyers.

One way to tell if an ad is a scam is to Google search the headline they use. If it has been used elsewhere (eBay, Craiglist, etc.), it'll pop up in multiple places with the same lingo.

When looking, stick to the classified in this forum, www.CasitaForum.com, and www.CasitaClub.com.

Arizona Eileen
Arizona Eileen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 03:27 AM   #26

Name: Dave and Shelly
Trailer: 2001 Spirit Deluxe Casita "New Name: Eggspensive"
Iowa
Thank you Eileen, I have done that in 4 areas. Only got e mails from from someone with a 13 footer and a greywolf camper. I do have an option i might go see this weekend. Getting quite excited about it. Hopefully the weather will be good....
sfoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 06:52 AM   #27

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Molded Fiberglass Trailers | Fiberglass RV's For Sale is owned by a member Greg A. Greg was a member of this forum long before he started the website. The site is an excellent source for buyers
I bought my Uhaul though this site.
Thomas G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 09:24 AM   #28

Trailer: Casita Patriot Standard
And I just sold my Casita through Greg's site.
Karen
Karen M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 11:18 AM   #29

Trailer: Toyota Sunrader and 16 ft Scamp
Send a message via AIM to Perry J Send a message via Yahoo to Perry J
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfoss View Post
It just scares me for older people who aren't very internet savvy and more trusting. Or just anyone who falls for it. Like i said, i get a big charge out of making sure i flag them one way or another. It is so slim pickins now anyway especially in my area and price range. I know i need to be patient and one will pop up but I wish i had an egg to play in on nice days. Is there anything more fun than organizing and cleaning a new camper?
I'm 69 and have bought several FG trailers off of Craigslist.
The people who get taken advantage of are the greedy ones who think some is going to sell something for half of it's market value.
John
Perry J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 01:42 PM   #30

Name: Mike
Trailer: 1996 16' Casita SD
Louisiana
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry J View Post
I'm 69 (the new 49)and have bought several FG trailers off of Craigslist.
The people who get taken advantage of are the greedy ones who think some is going to sell something for half of it's market value.
John
There, I fixed it! You youngster!
itlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 06:26 PM   #31

Trailer: Toyota Sunrader and 16 ft Scamp
Send a message via AIM to Perry J Send a message via Yahoo to Perry J
Thank you Mike.
My motto is, you have to get old but you don't have to grow up.

John
Perry J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 10:18 PM   #32

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Registry
I was resigned to traveling to Texas (because that's where a lot of Casitas are) to buy a Spirit Deluxe until a Bigfoot became available. Google Alerts, RSS reader searches and a Craigslist search app for Mac called Marketplace were all helpful. I left some of the local CL searches intact just to "mark as prohibited" the predictable scammers.

Patience and perseverance!
Roger M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 10:27 AM   #33

Name: Harvey
Trailer: '84 Scamp 13' & 2001 Casita 17' Spirit Deluxe
Arkansas
Quote:
Thank you Mike.
My motto is, you have to get old but you don't have to grow up.

John
Good motto John. I'm 72 & I figure every morning that I wake up to see is a good one, & always beats the alternative...
Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 10:43 AM   #34

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
Quote:
John
Um... there are some very good deals out there, I got very lucky, VERY lucky! That is why people believe the scams.

Some simple rules to follow. If you don't see, touch, smell it, then it might not exist. Even then some confirmation is required.

In my case. The lady that sold me my Trillium had the registration, in her name. It had been parked on a friend of hers farm. There were weeds growing up around the hitch, so it had been there for a while. He helped us get it on the road.

I tried to contact someone about a trailer that was almost as good a deal as I got. The response was like, "I'm out of town due to family tragedy, It is at a warehouse.... trust me". I would never send money for a trailer I did not smell first.
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 12:28 PM   #35

Name: john
Trailer: scamp 13
Michigan
first clue is always a stupidly low ball price.
i just spent three weeks email back and forth to one of those scams,,,yes i knew it was a scam....i just wanted to waste as much of their time as i could,,,,us old guys have so little entertainment.<_<
john warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 12:39 PM   #36

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
There have been a couple of low-priced trailers discussed here lately that turned out not to be scams. They just need LOTS of work.

CindyL
CindyL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 01:31 PM   #37

Name: Harvey
Trailer: '84 Scamp 13' & 2001 Casita 17' Spirit Deluxe
Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyL View Post
There have been a couple of low-priced trailers discussed here lately that turned out not to be scams. They just need LOTS of work.

CindyL
Yep, I bought my Scamp off CL a year ago for one of those 'stupidly low' prices. It did need lots of work & I still have a long way to go but after new axle installation, new lights (in & out), lots of elbow grease cleaning in & out), new wiring, etc., I maybe, kinda, sorta think I can see the light at the end of the tunnel . When it's finished (if ever) to my satisfaction I'll probably have as much (more when counting my labor) in it as a comparable unit on the retail market but, it'll be mine & the way I want it to be . I've built & rebuilt a couple of 'stick built' cabover truck campers & a teardrop trailer from scratch. Enjoyed all that but am havin' just as much fun with the Scamp. Still scour CL in this & surrounding states for bargains in FGRVs but ain't seen any lately. They do come along if yer careful (& quick )
Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 08:05 AM   #38

Name: Dan
Trailer: 2017 Bigfoot 25B25RQ
California
Here is a link to Search All Craigslists

The scams become pretty obvious when they come up all over the country. Plus once you get the initial search results, you can narrow it down by region.
DeadEyeDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 07:14 PM   #39

Trailer: Casita 2000 Spirit Deluxe
There is a scammer on Craigslist now with a big price here in Mn for a Casita (not a rediculas low ball price). I have written 5 emails and no response. I have to consider this one a scam as he has my phone number, both of my email addresses and three days of emails. NO RESPONSE!
If he wanted to sell he knows I am here with cash in hand. No response. I am starting to look at Stickys now. I am giving up on my Casita dream.

Karalyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 07:44 PM   #40

Name: Gary
Trailer: Scamp 13
Massachusetts
Registry
When looking for a 13' Scamp I ran across a number of CL scams. I wrote about them in my blog. http://www.eggscamper.blogspot.com
Garycamper is offline   Reply With Quote