I bought a replacment for the Poop Fly - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-15-2013, 12:49 AM   #1

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
I bought a replacment for the Poop Fly

I just bought a replacement for the car I have named Poop Fly:
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...tml#post331743
The Poop Fly is a pop bottle green 1995 Firefly. It has the rust cancer bad. The driver side rear wheel well is almost not connected to the sheet metal of the body. But, it never fails to start and it always gets me to work. It rocks in the snow, because the tires are so narrow, it can get down to the road. It is not perfect though. The exhaust system has fallen off, it leaks a bit of oil, and now the passenger door doesn’t open, and the rear hatch is starting to act up and sometimes takes a lot of patience to open.

The replacement is the same year and also a 4 cylinder automatic. I call it the Metallic Smurf. My first Firefly was a Smurf Blue 1991. I bought it new for less then $6000, with the $750 student discount. The blue on the Metallic Smurf is not quite as smurfin, but I can't help make the connection. There are no rust perforations on the body at all, (do rocker panels count?) and only a small one on the drivers door. This would qualify as the Deluxe fly. It has a rear wiper! It also has a hatch release lever, floor mats and mud flaps. The guy that sold it to me said it would never pass inspection. It has a broken mount for the rear sway bar. I checked the Poop Fly, same thing. Actually, I was a bit surprised it has a rear sway bar. Needless to say, I paid him the full $300 he was asking for it. I know a less observant inspector as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Poop Fly 01.jpg   Poop Fly 02.jpg  

Poop Fly 03.jpg   Metallic Smurf - 01.jpg  

Metallic Smurf - 02.jpg   Metallic Smurf - 03.jpg  

David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 09:29 PM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Dave, I had to read this thread just because I wanted to know what the title meant!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 03:47 AM   #3
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
Three hundred might be a little high...... If you have to wear a mask and the bunny suit to drive it Safe travels and please don't ask if it will pull a Trillium. Raz
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 09:55 AM   #4

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by P. Raz View Post
Three hundred might be a little high...... If you have to wear a mask and the bunny suit to drive it Safe travels and please don't ask if it will pull a Trillium. Raz
Since it is not recommended to pull anything, I guess a Trillium, even with brakes, might not be a good idea. It has been done before though.
I am probably going to drive the Poop fly to Seattle, again. This time to pick up a set of Trillium 4500 cushions. I hope it makes it.
Attached Thumbnails
Poop fly.jpg   Firefly tows a 1300 - Front.jpg  

David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote