I BOUGHT THE PERRIS PACER! - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV

Old 08-27-2009, 02:25 PM   #29

Name: Rachel
Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
Breathe, even!

Old 08-27-2009, 04:56 PM   #30

Name: Liz
Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler, 1987 & 1988 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
California
Registry
LOL! Yes that too! I was in a hurry.

Old 09-02-2009, 07:42 PM   #31

Trailer: 73 Boler
Don't worry needlessly about backing up... it will come with experience. Search for Backing up in the archives. If **I** can learn it...

Backing up with a trailer Hold your hand at the BOTTOM of the steering wheel. To turn the trailer LEFT move your hand to the left. Right turn hand to right. Hope this clears up any confusion.
Old 09-02-2009, 08:58 PM   #32

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Vickie, You should be there by now......................... Have you got it? Where's the pics? We're waiting. Still excited? Is it everything you wanted? Robin
Old 09-02-2009, 11:01 PM   #33

Name: Gina D.
Trailer: '77 Leocraft 17 & Former Burro owner and fan!
West Coast USA
Registry
They did a great job! This is the PP I posted about on concignment a couple of months ago. The guy that picked it up did a great job of the renos and it is as cute as a button.
Old 09-02-2009, 11:58 PM   #34

Name: lee
Trailer: trailswest campsterl, 1996 Scamp 16 foot
Idaho
Certainly not the reccommended proceedure but here is the tale. About two years ago I was in the process of moving from Idaho to Oklahoma for a temporary assignment. Prior to departing for Oklahoma ( after moving out of the apartment in Idaho ) I had to go visit my Mom in California so I left my trailer with the guy who does my rv repairs, he stuck it in the corner of his lot. I returned picked up the trailer and departed for Oklahoma. Upon arrival in Oklahoma my sister in law was looking at the trailer and said " what happened to the license plate ?". Apparently one of the guys at the rv repair shop where I stored the trailer for a couple of weeks was concerned that my plates might disapear and had removed them for safety. I had towed that trailer, minus plates, through five states and the following metro areas; Salt Lake City, Denver, Albuquerque and Amarillo to mention a few without a single " person of authority " noticing. I have changed my departure checklist to now include " check trailer to assure license plates are attached " Lee
Old 09-03-2009, 08:26 AM   #35

Name: Rick & Rei
Trailer: 1970 Campster
Kansas
When we got ready for our 8 hour trip to Illinois to get our Compact Jr.-we packed a few tools we thought we might need-some extra clothes and off we went -to buy the trailer sight unseen. We thought if it doesn`t work out-we would sight see and enjoy the drive.
Very nice experience-nice trailer-enjoyable transaction-Bobby was so nice with advice about the camper and his town and gave us a tour.
Upon arriving home-we discovered the camper did not have a spare tire. We were so happy with our purchase we never even noticed there was no spare tire!
Have fun and enjoy the trip.
Old 09-03-2009, 09:31 AM   #36

Thanks Gina for an update! So you made it back home. Hope you enjoyed your trip.
Old 09-03-2009, 11:25 PM   #37

Name: Vickie
Trailer: 1988 Perris Pacer ('Bean') / 2015 Ford F-150, 2017 Winnebago UltraLite 27BHSS
Nebraska
Registry
Hi guys and gals,

Sorry I've been MIA, but you know how it is when you are learning about a camper (and you know NOTHING!) Gina has been a great teacher, and the camp is quiet and cool at night. I bet it's hopping tomorrow with the holiday weekend starting!

Robin, we LOVE it! It's so very nice and the people are just wonderful! The seller has 2 16 ft. Casitas he's renovating now, not to mention the huge van he is turning into a camper for himself!

I like the pump on the sink faucet (so I don't have to "pump" it), the fridge works great. Have to learn to arrange the closet, right now food is just thrown in there---but I know there are lots of ideas on this website. PETT Potty and Wag bags are WONDERFUL!!! (where was this stuff when I was a kid!)

Went to Painted Desert/Petrified Forest today. Very cool! Love seeing eveything that is NOT Nebraska. We leave for home tomorrow morning. Hope to see more fiberglass campers on the road, as coming here only saw ONE (four miles into Colorado.) I'm happy to say that now I've seen the inside of a Perris Pacer (obviously), Burro, and 16 ft. Casita. Can't wait to see a Compact Jr. and the others sometime!

Should be an interesting trip back----first time towers, may have rain most the way, and it's Labor Day weekend, and we have no camp reservations! We are turning into "wild and crazy people!" Yahoo!

Later, Vickie
Vickie B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 11:31 PM   #38

West Coast USA
Registry
Yes, they are wild and crazy!... I have to keep going down there and shushing them

Their Element is just like mine was! Same color and everything! sigh... I miss my Element and the simplicity of towing with it.

Today, the wild and crazy folks watched me dump my black tank. I think they have an even greater appreciation for their porta potti now... at least... until they have to dump it
Old 09-03-2009, 11:34 PM   #39

West Coast USA
Registry
oh... you didn't mention the cute little generator that he threw in..

it's a tiny 500w job.. real quiet!

It appears they lucked out and got a great seller on this one!
Old 09-04-2009, 12:50 PM   #40

Oh yeah! Glad to hear it's going great! And I kinda detect that maybe your husband is getting on the band wagon as well? That's really good news! Enjoy!

Pictures???????????????????
Old 09-05-2009, 08:34 PM   #41

Name: Vickie
Trailer: 1988 Perris Pacer ('Bean') / 2015 Ford F-150, 2017 Winnebago UltraLite 27BHSS
Nebraska
Registry
Well, we are HOME in Nebraska! We left Arizona High Campground yesterday at 7:00 am (sorry we didn't get to say good-bye, Gina!---I think you were sleeping--it was very quiet when we left!) We decided to just "drive and see what happens". 31 hours later---we were home! We pulled over and took a 3 hour nap and a one hour nap. Other than that, it was just stopping for gas and bathroom breaks. We even ate lunch meat rolled around cheese while driving down the road.

It was kinda nice to see we "oldies" could do a long haul like that! I hear hubby snoring on the couch behind me while football games play on the telly now.

It was a great time! I slept wonderfully, and enjoyed every minute! The Pacer towed nicely, but we did cheat and picked the flatest route we could find---across New Mexico, Texas Panhandle, and up through OK, KS and into NE.

Loved showing my 2 pugs the camper! They have explored every nook and cranny, had a drink from the sink,and sat on the top bunk. I took pics, but then my battery died, so it will be a bit before I get them posted.

I hate to think about taking Perris to the storage place. Thank goodness, it's just down the street from me! But I want to play in it! Stupid HOA. There may be a possibility it will go into the garage with a few mods (stuff on top would have to come off), and then use the little metal or wood wheels. But that will be in the spring. And yes, hubby is already thinking of mods. YAHOO! We have a convert!

Thanks again, Gina, Robin, Raya, Jeff, and everybody who helped in this process. But as you all know-------------IT'S ONLY JUST BEGUN!!!!

Vickie B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 11:56 AM   #42

[ATTACH][/ATTACH]
We have a convert!

But as you all know-------------IT'S ONLY JUST BEGUN!!!! [/quote]
Attached Thumbnails
wholly_big_icon.jpg  
Attached Images

Tags
perris pacer