I braved the "Musings" - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 05-08-2016, 10:02 AM   #15

Name: Gordon
Trailer: Scamp
Idaho
Registry
Way to go, Jaye!

Paul Simon wrote: "Misinformation followed us like a plague", back in 1972. Back then we lived in a people-net, no internet. Now we have unlimited access to most of the accumulated knowledge of humankind. And it's still our responsibility to weigh that information with our own experience. Don't believe anything out of hand. Live it.

Happy camping. That's an order.

Gordon

Old 05-08-2016, 10:24 AM   #16

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Rallies

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaye580 View Post
I never meant to or implied anyone was lying about their problems, only that so many chimed in about various issues that it made me a nervous wreck especially since I live 1700 miles away from Backus!

I have been a member here for a long time and find the information extremely valuable and the only complaint I have is that there aren't any rallies in my neck of the woods!

Now, onto that first shower
Jaye,

The nearest rally to you is the Vintage Fiberglass Rally in either PEI or NB, really a fun well attended event with all kinds of fiberglass trailers.

After attending that rally we looked on FRV to see if there were enough trailers to start a rally in NE. There definitely are. I also believe there's been a rally in NY.

Glad that your Scamp is turning out to be what you hoped.

We are presently in York, ME, heading to NL. We'll be back in the area after July 15th and will be attending the Machias Blueberry Festival, a 5 day fun event.

Wishing you well and safe travels.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 10:51 AM   #17

Name: Henry
Trailer: Intend to buy one day.
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon in AZ View Post
I would hesitate to accuse either of the people who posted on the "Musings…" thread regarding their negative experiences of lying.
Jon, your oblique attack on Larry is unfounded. He never accused anyone of "lying". Your remark above is a form of virtue-signaling at the expense of Larry. He said "you can't believe everything you read on the Internet." That statement is transparently true and accurate, and does not justify conflating it with an accusation of lying. There are many reasons that people purvey misinformation in public forums, among them confusion, lack of knowledge, bias, unhappy experiences, psychological projection, envy, innocent mistake, ignorance, etc. (I could go on.) Larry, you have nothing to apologize for, and Jaye, always remember that "you can't believe everything you read on the Internet" (as you are finding out!).
Old 05-08-2016, 11:15 AM   #18

Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Smith View Post
.... "you can't believe everything you read on the Internet" ...
I read that on the Internet.
Old 05-08-2016, 11:22 AM   #19

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Well, Abe said it...
Attached Thumbnails
Abraham-Lincoln-quote.jpg  
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 11:45 AM   #20

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon in AZ View Post
I would hesitate to accuse either of the people who posted on the "Musings…" thread regarding their negative experiences of lying. However it does not follow that their experiences are representative of the majority of new Scamps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Smith View Post
Jon, your oblique attack on Larry is unfounded. He never accused anyone of "lying". Your remark above is a form of virtue-signaling at the expense of Larry. He said "you can't believe everything you read on the Internet." That statement is transparently true and accurate, and does not justify conflating it with an accusation of lying. There are many reasons that people purvey misinformation in public forums, among them confusion, lack of knowledge, bias, unhappy experiences, psychological projection, envy, innocent mistake, ignorance, etc. (I could go on.) Larry, you have nothing to apologize for, and Jaye, always remember that "you can't believe everything you read on the Internet" (as you are finding out!).
Lying is a strong word, but lets be fair about this. Jaye said “I braved the "Musings; after reading a very long thread about the poor quality of them and poor customer service etc I was too paranoid/nervous/scared” and Larry replied “You go girl! You know you can't believe everything you read on the internet”. This directly implies that something specifically in the musing thread was untrue (and not something somewhere in the entire Internet) and that was Jon’s understanding also.

However, I don’t think for a minute that Larry meant anything more than to offer encouragement and if he wants to apologize for inadvertently making the aforementioned implication, then, as the musings thread author, I appreciate it because I know that every word I wrote in the “musings” thread that Jaye read is true. Larry just made a casual comment and we should let go at that.

If someone wants to challenge a specific “musing” then have at it otherwise we don't know what Jaye is supposedly finding out (about stuff you can't believe on the Internet). It might even help Jaye evaluate what she has already read. And please do not attribute incorrect motivations on my part for making any posts on this forum.
Old 05-08-2016, 03:06 PM   #21

Name: Jaye
Maine
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to jaye580
Honda 03842, Ironic, I grew up in York Maine, my mom still lives there! I live about 2 hours north now.

Jaye
http://www.facebook.com/jayeded
jaye580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 03:39 PM   #22

Name: Jaye
Maine
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to jaye580
OK, clearly I have struck a chord with some of you enough so that I now have PM that hurt my feelings which I can honestly say was never my intention when I started this thread.

Just like I told the PM'er in my reply, Can't we all just live and let live and be Happy Campers?"

Jaye
http://www.facebook.com/jayeded
jaye580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 05:52 PM   #23

North Carolina
Well you braved the "musings" thread.. hope you can brave the criticism also, what ever it was. My Musings were meant to be informational because sharing information and experience is what this place is all about, and I would hate to see you leave and miss out on that in the future.

What I want to know is how did the shower work out? I have yet to use my shower except to run water through the plumbing a little, and I hope I never have to use it. I just don't see it working out for me. Did it make a mess?
Old 05-08-2016, 07:48 PM   #24

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaye580 View Post
Honda 03842, Ironic, I grew up in York Maine, my mom still lives there! I live about 2 hours north now.

Jaye
We like north of York; before RVing we considered retiring to the Machias area, particularly Roques Bluff. On our way north on this coming Wednesday we plan to stay at Sunset Point in Harrington, ME. WE do like quiet coastal upstate Maine.

Safe Travels

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 09:30 PM   #25

Name: Peg
Trailer: 2016 -13' Scamp
Massachusetts
We drove from Massachusetts last week and picked up our new 13' Scamp on Wednesday. It is now Sunday and we are camped in Big Timber, Montana. Each day we've mastered a couple of new systems. Everything is working perfectly. This is surely a nice little camper and much more comfortable for long term camping than my former trailer - an 8' teardrop.

I'm a new convert. I'll post a photo when I figure out how to do it.