I can help you out - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-17-2015, 01:28 AM   #1

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
I can help you out

Just read a thread where a sailboat was mentioned and had a memory flash back that I thought I'd toss out to the members to see if they've had some similar stories of helping folks. Not about molded trailers but.......
In 1995 we did a family group trip to Lake Powell. We all had a great time and spent a lot of time on the water. As I started sailing when I was 12 years old I was interested in the only sailboat I saw on the lake, something around 24'. Kind of kept an eyeball on him and was surprised his motorhome was parked in the same area we were. I went over to talk to him about the boat. He was not feeling to good as his upper main sail ripped when the wind came up and he had nothing with him to repair it with and this was just the start of his vacation. After a bit of small talk I told him I'd be right back. Went to my motorhome and got a sail I had in a baggage compartment that I picked up at a garage sale that I had for tarp use. Took it to him so he could make his repairs. He couldn't believe it, probably the only sail in six hundred miles. I gave it to him, the best 5 bucks I ever spent. Think I made his day. Wish I would have gotten his contact info to see how his vacation went but the bottom line to this story is that I was in the right place at the right time to help another camper make good memories . I often wonder how he tells his friends the story.
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 03:46 AM   #2
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 09:04 AM   #3

Name: Deborah
Trailer: Trillium 1300 "1974"
Georgia
Good Morning Dave,
You just brought tears of happiness to my eyes. I love to hear about acts of kindness and paying forward. Yours made my day.
All the Best
Deborah
Lakegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 11:20 AM   #4

Name: Lynn
Trailer: Casita Spirit 16'
Indiana
I like u Borrego Dave. Campers are good folk.
Indiana Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 11:57 AM   #5

Trailer: 13 ft Boler
Registry
I was the beneficiary of a recent act of kindness.
We are wintering in SoCal with our boler.
I am a car guy through and through but also love
to ride motorcycles and have been doing so since I was 13
when I bought my first one with paper route money, was 35 bucks
and took me most of the summer to pay for it at 5 bucks every 2 weeks.
To make a long story shorter a neighbour in the park is also a car guy so
we spent time gabbing and bench racin. He also had a bike with him and went for a ride most mornings.
I told him I enjoyed riding as well and we talked about all the beautiful backroads around here to ride.
Out of the blue one day he offered the bike to me to take for a ride, now anyone who rides will understand, that is something that isn't taken lightly.
I was very thankful nd a few days later I was riding those roads myself!
We have become friends over that bike and the love of cars and racing to the point that this summer I need to drive 600 miles one way to buy him lunch,,and I'm very much looking forward to it.
YES rver's and campers are great people!
Fred
Attached Thumbnails
IMG2309.jpg  
FRED SMAILES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 02:11 PM   #6

Trailer: 2005 16 ft Scamp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borrego Dave View Post
Just read a thread where a sailboat was mentioned and had a memory flash back that I thought I'd toss out to the members to see if they've had some similar stories of helping folks. Not about molded trailers but.......
In 1995 we did a family group trip to Lake Powell. We all had a great time and spent a lot of time on the water. As I started sailing when I was 12 years old I was interested in the only sailboat I saw on the lake, something around 24'. Kind of kept an eyeball on him and was surprised his motorhome was parked in the same area we were. I went over to talk to him about the boat. He was not feeling to good as his upper main sail ripped when the wind came up and he had nothing with him to repair it with and this was just the start of his vacation. After a bit of small talk I told him I'd be right back. Went to my motorhome and got a sail I had in a baggage compartment that I picked up at a garage sale that I had for tarp use. Took it to him so he could make his repairs. He couldn't believe it, probably the only sail in six hundred miles. I gave it to him, the best 5 bucks I ever spent. Think I made his day. Wish I would have gotten his contact info to see how his vacation went but the bottom line to this story is that I was in the right place at the right time to help another camper make good memories . I often wonder how he tells his friends the story.
I would be interested in where on Lake Powell you were? I am currently work camping at Bullfrog in UT.

I also had a great experience with a fellow camper here last year.

When I pulled in I found that my sewer hose was too short as the employee sites were obviously designed 100 years ago by someone who has never owned an RV. (See that a lot actually) I was kind of panicking as the nearest place to find a longer hose was probably in Grand Junction, CO. I was at the laundry mat trying to get internet service (there was none) to see if maybe I could order a longer hose. I met a nice couple who offered to swap their 15' long sewer hose for my much shorter 7' hose. I felt bad and tried to refuse, but they insisted. What a relief that was! Have been using that hose since! Campers are good people!
Monica M is offline   Reply With Quote