I did it! I bought a Burro! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-10-2009, 08:02 PM   #1

Trailer: 1983 Burro 13 ft
I found a Burro! 13' Burro, appears to be in great shape. Door closes tightly. No rust visible on the frame. Interior original and in decent shape for a 1983. Exterior needs a good cleaning and waxing. No spare. No visible repairs. Now, from those of you with Burro experience, I'd like to ask for advice as to where to look for hidden damage or wood rot...near the door being apparently solid. Only thing I could find at inspection was the wheels are rusty behind the hubcaps, and that was pretty much surface rust. Owner said "everything works, no leaks, ready to camp"...we'll see. He was the second owner and was selling due to the purchase of a motorhome. Gee, now I'll have to change the "none" to "Burro" beside my name. <grin>
Seriously, I can't thank this site enough for showing a greenhorn like me what to look for and what kinds of problems "our" little trailers encounter. Thanks to all for the information you've made available and suggestions that have been highly appreciated. This site is highly addictive!
Best to all,
Mike in West Virginia
Mike Shackelford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 08:12 PM   #2

Trailer: 1985 13 ft U-Haul
Mike Congratulations on your purchase !! We searched forever and missed out on numerous trailers on this site before finding our Uhaul right here in our home town. I can understand how excited you must be. Looking forward to seeing you and your Burro if out paths should cross. Let the modifications now begin Lee
Lee Senn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 08:24 PM   #3

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Score! Okay, now where are the pictures? Like Lee said Congratulations!!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 08:36 PM   #4

Trailer: 1981 13 ft Scamp / Nissan Titan
Congrats Mike. Not an easy find in your neck of the woods.
2015 Escape 19 & 1997 Scamp 19
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 09:32 PM   #5

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Woo Hoo, two lookie Lou's found trailers this week! Congrat's Mike! Enjoy it! And yep, we like pic's here...... so we can eww and awwww

It's a great feeling to pull it home the first time and the second and so on and so on.........
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 03:33 PM   #6

Trailer: Burro 13 ft 1979
Check the frame rail at the front of the Burro body where the frame rails are bent in tward the body. These bends should be strengthend because they crack. At least my 1979 Burro did at one time. the past owner had these areas fixed AFTER the frame cracked and the Burro dove into the ground and busted out one of the front corners.

My Past burro owners had a porta potty in the front area between the seats. Check this area for floor rot.

Check all your wireing leading to tail lights and what not. Mine was porly done and I rebuilt it all.

Does your Burro have electric brakes? Mine does and I had to totaly redo all the wireing to these also.

Mine has a heater in it and the usual gas stove. I checked for leaks throughout my propane lines to be safe.

Pictures please!

Dave
Dave Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 05:04 PM   #7

Trailer: 1988 Perris Pacer ('Bean') / 2004 Element
Registry
Congratulations! It feels great to have something to put next to your name (instead of "none") doesn't it??? We drove from Omaha, NE to Arizona to get our Perris Pacer, and don't regret a minute of it!

In fact, my only regret is that I have other "life" duties, and can't just play with my camper!

Enjoy!!!
Vickie B. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
burro