I did it, now i need to know what i just bought!? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-20-2013, 01:26 PM   #21

Name: Christine
Trailer: 1976 Scamp 13'
North Carolina
How it is here? ;-) not so good, i guess i have to move back to Germany exactly then when its finished... No windows, some cracks, door is hanging and the cushions are trashed! How about you? If somebody can give me advice where to buy windows and if shed crank outs would work let me know!
Christin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 01:45 PM   #22

Name: Kd
Trailer: Scamp
SouthEast
Registry
So when are you moving back?

I'm going to go to the big big flea market this weekend. I'll keep you in mind if i see anything you could use or improvize with. What is the window size? Are they standard? Meaning....would they be the same size as mine? You never know...i might run across windows at the flea market.

My mom and i worked some last Friday for a few hours. This Friday i am spending over half of the day working on the Scamp and mom will be down from Asheville to help Saturday for most of the day. She has shown such an interest...i'm so thankful for that and for the help.

Saturdays goal is to cut new cabinet doors...and clean the exterior.
_Scamp87_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 01:50 PM   #23

North Carolina
Uh, new cabinet doors! Thats exciting! What you are gonna use for that? Mine startet to "dust away" so maybe i need new ones too. Did you gut it out also?

We have to go back, i'm not to sad about it since i miss family and friends.
Old 06-20-2013, 02:07 PM   #24

SouthEast
Registry
A friend of mine is working at the air base in Ramstein. I don't think she'll be coming back to the US anytime soon. She loves it there.
_Scamp87_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 02:48 PM   #25

North Carolina
I hear that a lot ;-) we are going back February 2014, i don't know if we have to come back though.

Oh, the windows are 24x17 anything around that would work and i actually just need one, the other one is "rescuable" if thats a word.
Old 06-21-2013, 06:40 AM   #26

SouthEast
Registry
Rescuable is definitely a word I'd use. Some may argue that the word would be salvageable though lol

I thought my cabinet doors were rescuable. And they are but what Donna says on here rings in my head 'do it right the first time'. 2 of mine have a slight bow to them. So should I make more? Probably. I'm going to take a second look today and decide. And they have screws sticking through them where they were rigged by the PO. But I have much larger fish to fry so that may have to wait...if so I'm going to fill the holes and paint them for now. New doors might be a good winter project. (Like how I talk to myself and change my mind lol...I'm so wishy washy sometimes)
Old 06-21-2013, 06:50 AM   #27

Name: Shawn
Trailer: Boler
Florida
Kim, I was thinking of replacing my doors in the egg with the shape of the camper. No sq doors but in the shape of the egg. I thought it would be neat. I am like you, winter project!
ShawnKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 10:50 PM   #28

North Carolina
Mine are actually in really good shape, nobody ever did anything to them so they need just a new coat of paint and new nobs and should be just fine. If there one thing you can say about us Germans is that we do everything right we do ;-) i already have a double induction drop in cooktop, like you said, a litle bit luxury .... but that has to wait, i only have a fiberglass shell left, totaly gutted it and i wana do everything fom the bottom up...
Old 06-21-2013, 10:51 PM   #29

North Carolina
Shawn, what would you use for your egg shaped doors? Would or is there something else in your mind?
Old 06-21-2013, 11:54 PM   #30

Name: Jared
Trailer: 1984 19' scamp
Kansas
I just made new cabinet doors (well, dad did) from 3/8" MDF. It stays flat, is smooth, and stronger than particle board.
Jared J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 04:50 AM   #31

Name: Shawn
Trailer: Boler
Florida
Use what ever is on sale or even better "free".
ShawnKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 05:17 AM   #32

SouthEast
Registry
I painted the doors, knobs, and hinges yesterday. I dunno where I got the idea that they needed to be replaced immediately...guess I was being picky that day. I'll post a pic in a bit. I have to go get new bolts to hang the hinges...that was the only thing that the Scamp made me work to remove. Of course I painted them purple...anyone who knows me would have been disappointed otherwise.

Edit...and the latch for the closet...I gotta replace it. It was shot.
Old 06-22-2013, 07:45 AM   #33

Name: asdf
Trailer: asdf
Alabama
Chimney rock Casita

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kd_ View Post
There was a lady in the chimney rock area with a casita for sale but it wasn't in my or your price range....but i thought about you.
I am looking for a Casita. Do you have any more info?
jwcolby54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 07:50 AM   #34

SouthEast
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwcolby54 View Post

I am looking for a Casita. Do you have any more info?
I just looked on Asheville Craigslist for ya and it wasn't there. It's been since May-ish that I saw it. I'll let ya know though if I see another. There's been a couple of people selling one in that area lately so keep an eye out there.