i feel like a traitor - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 08-15-2011, 07:32 PM   #15

Name: jen
Trailer: 1980 13 ft. burro
Pennsylvania
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redguitar View Post
When I bid on that 1960 Serro Scotty Sportsman on eBay and I watched the clock tick down and then realized I won I thought, "Well, gotta leave FGRV now cause this definitely ain't fiberglass!" It's my first camper and I haven't even picked it up yet but I feel better about the forum here since I read all the nice responses you received Andy (and Melissa with your cool T@.

I may get up there to W.Va and find leaks or rot (in which case I wouldn't tow it home). Then I'll keep scouring the ads and hope to find the 13' Scamp I was really wanting.

If I do buy it do you still wanna see pictures Donna??

Dave in Alabama

Oh heck, *I* definitely want to see Scotty pictures! I love those!

Old 08-15-2011, 09:21 PM   #16

Name: Dave
Trailer: Former Serro Scotty and Toyota Motor Home owner
Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by jen b View Post
Oh heck, *I* definitely want to see Scotty pictures! I love those!
Thanks Jen. By the way, your Wyoming photos are beautiful! Makes me wanna go back now!

Old 08-15-2011, 11:21 PM   #17

Name: Andy
Trailer: 1979 Ventura 13'
Alberta
I'm just glad I wasn't on the receiving end of 4 pages of FLAMES ....
Like I said the Ventura will get some love and may end up with my parents...they still tent camp and are in their late 60s.. I say bravo but time to get off the ground. My mom's had 2 back surgeries in the last 10 years. Their are a couple "greenie" hippies that were green before it was trendy but I think the Geo is gonna get retired and a mini van purchased easier for mom to get in and out of. They'll still have their bicycles.
Old 08-16-2011, 12:05 PM   #18

Name: Sheryl
Trailer: '99 Casita 17'LD
Montana
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyGee View Post
I'm just glad I wasn't on the receiving end of 4 pages of FLAMES ....
Like I said the Ventura will get some love and may end up with my parents...they still tent camp and are in their late 60s.. I say bravo but time to get off the ground. My mom's had 2 back surgeries in the last 10 years. Their are a couple "greenie" hippies that were green before it was trendy but I think the Geo is gonna get retired and a mini van purchased easier for mom to get in and out of. They'll still have their bicycles.
Oh, Andy, I can see it now... A couple camping trips with your parents, and you might be looking for a new trailer sooner than you think! But in the meantime, congrats on your Ventura!
Old 08-16-2011, 10:58 PM   #19

Alberta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheryl
Oh, Andy, I can see it now... A couple camping trips with your parents, and you might be looking for a new trailer sooner than you think! But in the meantime, congrats on your Ventura!
That's why they'd get the Ventura. Actually I live 4000 km from them. That's what we're doin now. Were on our way to grandma's house. 3 more days of travel. I took a month off work to do this trip. The baby will get to be seen by grand parents great grand parents and 1 great great grandma that's 102 years old and still with it and she'll be at the christening her 82 year old daughter is picking her up and driving hercto the church just like they do every Sunday!
Old 08-18-2011, 10:23 AM   #20

Name: Dennis
Trailer: 2011 Scamp 16 SD
Tennessee
Don't feel bad. Read my post: NEW SCAMP HORROR STORY-PART I. After what I just experienced with the new one I am ready to jump ship too.
Old 08-19-2011, 10:17 PM   #21

Alberta
Quote:
Originally Posted by DENNIS ARCHER
Don't feel bad. Read my post: NEW SCAMP HORROR STORY-PART I. After what I just experienced with the new one I am ready to jump ship too.
I read it and all I can say is that your trailer should never have left that way and perhaps it can be a learning experience for all parties. When I picked up my new trailer it was all prepped and in the dealers test/ orientation area. The show n tell, walk through took about 2 hours as everything was gone through. The unit was connected to water & electric and the fresh water tank was full as were the propane tanks. Although tedious and time consuming this is probably done at this dealer because similar things happened to customers as what has happened to you.