i feel like a traitor - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-12-2011, 09:07 PM   #1

Name: Andy
Trailer: 1979 Ventura 13'
Alberta
i feel like a traitor

Why do I feel this way? Well I went and looked at a new Big Foot and I couldn't justify paying anywhere near the $50K sticker price even though we did consider it. We did however end up buying a Jayco Jayfeather Select 29L which is still fiberglass composite at least. Not to worry the 77 Ventura is still with us just needs some love and a new door. And will get used for short weekend trips.We started a 30 day tour today
AndyGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 08:27 AM   #2

Trailer: 1996 Casita Freedom Deluxe 17 ft
Hey, you bought the trailer that you thought would be best for you. I don't see a problem there. Happy trails.
Terry G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 09:37 AM   #3

Trailer: Casita
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyGee View Post
Why do I feel this way? Well I went and looked at a new Big Foot and I couldn't justify paying anywhere near the $50K sticker price even though we did consider it. We did however end up buying a Jayco Jayfeather Select 29L which is still fiberglass composite at least. Not to worry the 77 Ventura is still with us just needs some love and a new door. And will get used for short weekend trips.We started a 30 day tour today

This is exactly what I was telling my Shirley, this morning, while having coffee. What I enjoy the most about the Fiberglass Forums, and having a Casita, BF, Escape, Scamp, Boler, etc, etc, is the sense of community and "culture" that comes with all that. Just because you have an SOB (Some Other Brand) doesn't mean that you, or anyone else, can't be a part of all this. So, in my opinion, enjoy, and stay involved.

Happy Trails.

EKW
Keith Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 09:47 AM   #4

Trailer: 2008 20 ft Flagstaff Pop-Up (206ST) / 2005 Sienna
Those were the words I was told when I couldnt find an Egg in time for my trip and bought Ed's T@b. I havent felt any less welcome or slighted b/c I'm not a glass owner...yet. I see how folks end up with more than 1 trailer now, lol. I LOVE the T@b with it's open floorplan, loads of storage and KING bed but dont see it sleeping 4 very comfortably esp when 2 are kicking and elbowing the stuffins out of ya. An Egg with bunks would be great for when we're all together and e'body has their own sleeping areas and more privacy for the porta potti cuz the Egg layout allows for a curtain to be strung across the center. But, when it's just me and Hubby or just me and the girls, the T@b is perfect.
Old 08-13-2011, 02:14 PM   #5

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Quote:

i feel like a traitor

You are! Too yourself! LOL,

Really remember your camping unit is to be about what makes you comfortable camping in it. If that is what your comfortable with than so be it, Enjoy!
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 04:37 PM   #6

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: AndyGee...If the "Glass slipper" fits...get it...otherwise any shoe 'll do!!!
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 05:10 PM   #7

Name: Philip
Trailer: Escape 13 /Hyundai Santa Fe
British Columbia
Registry
Hey Andy,
Don't feel bad. We were looking at the R-Pod 17'--the queen sized bed & toilet were pretty tempting. The only thing holding us back was the size of the tow vehicle we'd need to get. In the end we decided smaller was better for us but that's certainly not everybody's choice
Stick around this forum and keep us posted on your travels.
Phil

Quote:
reeves99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 06:59 AM   #8

Alberta
Thanks for the kind words every one. We're keeping the Ventura for short hops and possibly tu use when going to car shows.
We "camped" in Regina last night. Can you call it camping when your rig has everything ? I've lived in smaller appartments
Old 08-15-2011, 10:46 AM   #9

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Quote:
Can you call it camping when your rig has everything ?

Of course you can, it's about the adventure not what your staying in during the adventure. Having "camped" in a 35 ft Class A for years I say you can camp in anything that meets your needs for camping. It's all about personal needs/wants.
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 12:38 PM   #10

Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
As long as you don't feel like a trailer... cuz then people might lead you around by your tongue!

I can't throw stones at you, my KZ Escape isn't the eggy variety either.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 01:49 PM   #11

Alberta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin G

Of course you can, it's about the adventure not what your staying in during the adventure. Having "camped" in a 35 ft Class A for years I say you can camp in anything that meets your needs for camping. It's all about personal needs/wants.
I'm just used to my camping being a little more rustic
Old 08-15-2011, 01:50 PM   #12

Alberta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Magee
As long as you don't feel like a trailer... cuz then people might lead you around by your tongue!

I can't throw stones at you, my KZ Escape isn't the eggy variety either.
Haha that's punny
Old 08-15-2011, 06:06 PM   #13

Name: Dave
Trailer: Former Serro Scotty and Toyota Motor Home owner
Alabama
I know what you mean Andy

When I bid on that 1960 Serro Scotty Sportsman on eBay and I watched the clock tick down and then realized I won I thought, "Well, gotta leave FGRV now cause this definitely ain't fiberglass!" It's my first camper and I haven't even picked it up yet but I feel better about the forum here since I read all the nice responses you received Andy (and Melissa with your cool T@B).

I may get up there to W.Va and find leaks or rot (in which case I wouldn't tow it home). Then I'll keep scouring the ads and hope to find the 13' Scamp I was really wanting.

If I do buy it do you still wanna see pictures Donna??

Dave in Alabama
Redguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 06:32 PM   #14

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redguitar View Post

Dave in Alabama
Absolutely Dave! BUT, for those that don't have molded trailers, ya gotta know when you ask questions that are specific to stickies.... I'm going to point you to forums that can best answer your questions, like IRV2.com and the Open Road forums on RV.net.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 06:32 PM   #15

Name: jen
Trailer: 1980 13 ft. burro
Pennsylvania
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redguitar View Post
When I bid on that 1960 Serro Scotty Sportsman on eBay and I watched the clock tick down and then realized I won I thought, "Well, gotta leave FGRV now cause this definitely ain't fiberglass!" It's my first camper and I haven't even picked it up yet but I feel better about the forum here since I read all the nice responses you received Andy (and Melissa with your cool T@.

I may get up there to W.Va and find leaks or rot (in which case I wouldn't tow it home). Then I'll keep scouring the ads and hope to find the 13' Scamp I was really wanting.

Dave in Alabama

Oh heck, *I* definitely want to see Scotty pictures! I love those!
jen b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 08:21 PM   #16

Name: Dave
Trailer: Former Serro Scotty and Toyota Motor Home owner
Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by jen b View Post
Oh heck, *I* definitely want to see Scotty pictures! I love those!
Thanks Jen. By the way, your Wyoming photos are beautiful! Makes me wanna go back now!
Redguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 10:21 PM   #17

Alberta
I'm just glad I wasn't on the receiving end of 4 pages of FLAMES ....
Like I said the Ventura will get some love and may end up with my parents...they still tent camp and are in their late 60s.. I say bravo but time to get off the ground. My mom's had 2 back surgeries in the last 10 years. Their are a couple "greenie" hippies that were green before it was trendy but I think the Geo is gonna get retired and a mini van purchased easier for mom to get in and out of. They'll still have their bicycles.
Old 08-16-2011, 11:05 AM   #18

Name: Sheryl
Trailer: '99 Casita 17'LD
Montana
Registry
Quote:
I'm just glad I wasn't on the receiving end of 4 pages of FLAMES ....
Like I said the Ventura will get some love and may end up with my parents...they still tent camp and are in their late 60s.. I say bravo but time to get off the ground. My mom's had 2 back surgeries in the last 10 years. Their are a couple "greenie" hippies that were green before it was trendy but I think the Geo is gonna get retired and a mini van purchased easier for mom to get in and out of. They'll still have their bicycles.
Oh, Andy, I can see it now... A couple camping trips with your parents, and you might be looking for a new trailer sooner than you think! But in the meantime, congrats on your Ventura!
Sheryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 09:58 PM   #19

Alberta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheryl
Oh, Andy, I can see it now... A couple camping trips with your parents, and you might be looking for a new trailer sooner than you think! But in the meantime, congrats on your Ventura!
That's why they'd get the Ventura. Actually I live 4000 km from them. That's what we're doin now. Were on our way to grandma's house. 3 more days of travel. I took a month off work to do this trip. The baby will get to be seen by grand parents great grand parents and 1 great great grandma that's 102 years old and still with it and she'll be at the christening her 82 year old daughter is picking her up and driving hercto the church just like they do every Sunday!
Old 08-18-2011, 09:23 AM   #20

Trailer: 1989 Scamp 13 ft
Don't feel bad. Read my post: NEW SCAMP HORROR STORY-PART I. After what I just experienced with the new one I am ready to jump ship too.
DENNIS ARCHER is offline   Reply With Quote