I finally got one! 13' Scamp - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-08-2006, 03:52 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
After watching this forum and scouring the internet, I finally got one! I picked up my '82 13' Scamp yesterday. Okay, it is in need of some MAJOR tlc, but I assured my husband, I can do it and it will be soooooo cute when I am done. Boy do I have plans! I had to tow it 3 1/2 hours from San Diego to Ventura County last night with no tail lights. Today it is in the shop for a complete towing workover. Yay!

I'm so excited. This will be the best summer ever! I can't wait to post pictures!
Amy :-)
AmyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 04:18 PM   #2

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
Congratulations. I know the excitement well. We're looking forward to hearing about the things you do to it.
Old 06-08-2006, 05:55 PM   #3

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler and 1987 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Registry
How exciting! We definately want to see pictures!
Old 06-09-2006, 05:02 AM   #4
Suz

Trailer: 1989 Casita Spirit Deluxe
Registry
Congratulations, Amy!

Just give us a holler if we can help!
Suz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 08:15 AM   #5

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Score Amy Let the adventure begin.....

PS: Be sure to change your RV type from None to Scamp!!!
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 08:29 AM   #6

Trailer: 2000 19 ft (formerly 17 ft) Casita Freedom Deluxe ('Nuestra Casita') / 2000 4WD V8 Tundra
Send a message via Yahoo to Kurt & Ann K.
Amy,
I hope your husband shares some of your enthusiasm because it is so much more enjoyable when working on a common project.
Now the lists begin, so you don't "put the cart before the horse". Take your time, do it "right" the first time so you don't waste camping time having to correct mistakes.
Thanks for sharing your excitement, it's a common enough reaction but we tend to forget it over time until someone like you reminds us.
Another universal feeling...we all enjoy "before and after" pictures, So please keep us posted on progress.
And add our congratulations to the collection
Kurt & Ann K.
Kurt & Ann K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 09:26 AM   #7

Trailer: 1985 Scamp 13 ft
Send a message via Yahoo to Tirah
Quote:
After watching this forum and scouring the internet, I finally got one! I picked up my '82 13' Scamp yesterday. Okay, it is in need of some MAJOR tlc, but I assured my husband, I can do it and it will be soooooo cute when I am done. Boy do I have plans! I had to tow it 3 1/2 hours from San Diego to Ventura County last night with no tail lights. Today it is in the shop for a complete towing workover. Yay!

I'm so excited. This will be the best summer ever! I can't wait to post pictures!
Congrats, Amy! I could have written your post! I convinced my hubby of the same thing. We picked up our '85 Scamp a few weeks ago from Southern CA, and after only a few weeks, the trailer is looking much nicer and is in camping condition!

Post pics when you start working on it!

Tirah
Tirah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 09:27 AM   #8

Trailer: 2002 16 ft Scamp
Way to go Amy!!

As others have noted, these things provide a great opportunity to spend time with family and friends. Even the mods and fixes are more fun when shared. Please do post any pics of your trips and projects.

Over the past thirty years, my wife has put up with baseball, softball, basketball, football, cars, boats, hunting, fishing, offroading and dozens of other 'activities' that have been a part of my leisure time. She was always supportive of these but never very enthusiastic about joining in herself. With the Scamp, she's been right there for every camping trip as well as our rennovations and upgrades.

We're heading for the NC Outer Banks after work today!

Al
Al and Cindy K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 07:13 PM   #9

Trailer: 2002 Casita Freedom Deluxe / 2007 Nissan Frontier King Cab
WOO HOO!!!!
BOBSMITH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 08:12 PM   #10

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to bill&sandra
Quote:
Congrats! We know how you feel. we are still petting our egg and smiling a silly way. our daughter and her new hubby are taking it out this weeknd to Garner SP in TX for his family reunion so say Hi if you see them, folks! I can't wait to get to take 'Eggbert' out myself. got a spot all picked out at Cedar Hill S.P.!!!
Yes, our -85 needed tlc too and we gave it all it needed--new door handle/lock, new trailer tires (try goodyear) we got locks and chains and chocks and lights--the new LED ones work great. You won't tire of petting your 'egg' every day you come home--and sometimes will sneak out at evening just to sit inside and feel that fabulous sense of Scamp ownership.
We have been really pleased with the orders we got from Scamp--just wish it included instructions! ha! we figured it out, but you know . . .
Like they said, take the time to do homework and do it right. Feel free to ask about whatever. One of these fine folks has figured it out already!
bill&sandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 01:19 PM   #11

Trailer: Scamp 13 ft
Send a message via Yahoo to Candi Woods
Congratulations! We just got our 02 Scamp 13ft. this last week and, like you, are still feeling the glow. Last night we went out and cranked up the a/c and sat in it. We want to take it out for this weekend but the tires need replacing. We'll have to hurry. Have fun with it.
Candi Woods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 02:11 PM   #12

Trailer: Love Bug 1974
YAY! I'm so happy for you! They are such a treat, aye?

Welcome!
Gigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 07:27 PM   #13

Trailer: 77 Scamp 13 ft / Landrover Freelander
Congrats, I get so gitty around stubby (13' 77 S] I tend to pick him up a day or so early . Just to drive around downtown Denver an show it off.
put some thought in you flooring. I put wood lamenant in stubby.thanks came when I forgot to " strap down" a half can of soda. OPPs. easy save 3 paper towels!
brian dobbs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp