I finally got out camping this weekend - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-06-2007, 02:31 PM   #1

Trailer: Casita 2000 Spirit Deluxe
been planning the family reunion all yr. Well the date finally arrived, and it rained
We are in the middle of a drought here in Mn and everyone wants rain. Why oh why did it have to rain on MY weekend of camping
Last yr it was over 100 degrees out at the family reunion, this yr cold and rainy. Yesterday I spent the whole day packing and unpacking the camper, hauling food into the house and wet dirty clothes hauled from the camper to the basement to wash them all, and wonder why am I camping. Oh ya, to top that off, it rained the night before we left, and I looked outside to see the top closed, the windows closed, etc, and thought all is fine. well-------big window on other side of camper was open. So wet carpet to walk on all weekend also.
Last week I wanted a bigger camper, and today I am wondering if I want to keep camping.
Oh, kids tent got wet, so mom, dad and child on the rear bed. (wee bit crowded) but dry.
It has got to get better, right.
Happy camping.

Karalyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 03:00 PM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Oh, kids tent got wet, so mom, dad and child on the rear bed. (wee bit crowded) but dry.
Happy camping.
Bummer, but remember it COULD HAVE BEEN WORSE.... you could have ALL been in a TENT!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 05:00 PM   #3

Trailer: 2002 17 ft Casita Liberty Deluxe
Karalyn

Keep smiling

You will have plenty of wonderful times camping and good weather ahead - weekends do happen, both good and bad. We've all been there... and sometimes it is not so bad to be in a fiberglass trailer - warm, cozy, with a cup of hot chocolate, or coffee or whatever - reading, playing games with friends, and listening to the rain on the roof.

and like Donna said. "You could have been in a tent". That's why we purchased our first camper - we were in a tent with a 2 year old and a 3 month old in the California desert, in a thunderstorm.

We survived that weekend and look back on both our great weekends and our tough ones. It's just life. It's just something to talk about in later years.
CarolnJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 05:50 PM   #4

Trailer: Boler 13 ft
Glade to here you got out .
I read so many posts of people working on thier trailers that I wonder if some of them ever get to use them.
I try to get all the major work done in the Spring or Fall and camp when the weather is great in New England but Rain is something I have come just to cope with.
I say it wont be the first nor the last time I need to pack or unpack in the rain and I have seen the need of some of my greatest improvements in my Boler while camping in the rain.
As said it could have been worse in a tent or as I found myself on a desolate 90 mile streatch of the Appalachian Trail in Maine in a 5 day rain storm that had me down to a muscle shirt and boxer shorts for cloths to hike in and hikeing boots with water comeing out of the tops.
I needed 2 days to dry everything out but I was stronger for it.
sonething we always said while rock climbing is "We can hope for the best but prepare for the worse."
Gerry the canoebilder
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 06:02 PM   #5

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
Quote:
Why oh why did it have to rain on MY weekend of camping
To remind you of WHY you bought a trailer.. and to justify everything you have done to get it camping ready!

My favorite sport when it rains at a campground is to sit inside with a hot cup of coffee, watching the tenter's scramble thru the little drizzle on my windows It's more fun when there is lightening.

(OK, That USED to be me scrambling out there.. oh, it's sometimes GOOD to be old and have money LOL!)
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 06:30 PM   #6

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking

Quote:
been planning the family reunion all yr. Well the date finally arrived, and it rained

Happy camping.
Yep. It rained on our Family Reunion this year too.
Old 08-06-2007, 08:03 PM   #7

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel ('ye ole bucket')
Bummers... but at least ya had a trailer for a nice roof over the ole head.....
I hope to go camping in Sept at the beach so hopefully the weather will be nice....
Christine V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 09:43 PM   #8

Trailer: Casita 2000 Spirit Deluxe
Yes I need to remind myself that I was the only one NOT packing down a soggy tent at that reunion. I was the only one in a camper.
Guess I was just bummed out having to wait all yr and then it rained on my weekend out. Being as it was a family reunion I was not in my camper drinking coffee or hot cocoa. (sounds relaxing though). I was outside in the rain with the others and at the camp shelter in the damp cold visiting with the relatives.
The whole clan knows if they need anything I will probably have it in my camper. I carry extra bedding, chairs, pillows, etc just in case someone needs it. Not much room for people in the camper when raining. Guess I need to think about cutting down on the extras so PEOPLE can actually fit in the camper At least grandson and his parents fit on the rear bed good enough to get out of the rain.
Yep, I am thankful for a camper. I did not have to go elsewhere to sleep but the grandson and parents did. Hayden is only 13 months old, and grandma wanted to be sure he was warm.
They all went fishing after we got home, and I unpacked . Something seemed a little wrong with that picture. However, I brought all the food so all they had was a soggy tent and a few clothes to deal with. I had to clean the camper, and get it ready for another outing. Maybe the fact that I had 5 puppies and 5 adult dogs along for the weekend added a little to the work load too. I had to clean the sand out of the car also.
yes, I AM more thankful tonight than I was last night for that camper.
Last week I was thinking about getting a Big Foot. I suppose I would only bring more "stuff" along to the camp out if I decided to "go for it".
I have next week for vacation if wanted. Trying to decide where to go next.

Karalyn is offline   Reply With Quote