I got me a ParkLiner Egg! - Page 5 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-13-2013, 08:19 AM   #81

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Deryk,
Electricity is measured in watts and a standard 15 amp circuit in your house can handle 1800 watts. The basis is watts=volts x amps.
A 2000 watt generator will handle any household window a/c that operates off 120 v with a 15 amp plug.
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:53 AM   #82

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
Now Jim I did notice that none of the manuf seem to show starting amps for their window units, but they do mention rated 15amp plug. Im just curious about that... Im looking at frigidaires just because thats whats in my ParkLiner, but the 5000btu, 6000btu and 12000 btu units all use the same LCDI 5-15P plug, but the watts/amps are obviously larger as the unit gets bigger. Ive heard startup could be up to 3x the running amps (4.8, 6.1,and 11) Now I know I wont need a unit as large as a 12000 btu in a 12' trailer...but just showing it as an example.

Generator - Air Conditioner - General After-Market Accessories Forum - The Casita Club Forums

deryk
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:01 AM   #83

Name: Thom
Trailer: Chevy AWD Van Conversion
Astoria Oregon
Registry
Smile

: ) deryk, cool with the "Hang with a bunch of Irish folk musicians!" thingy. That would be enjoyable as i'm partial to the music.

We have the AP2000i. Should be more than ample to run anything i might throw at it here in the Pacific Northwest (we don't run AC). We use the unit in emergencies for our 38ft full time rig if the power goes out to keep 12 volt system topped off, everything else can run off the two 40lb propane tanks for an indefinite time.
Archive: Parkliner #35 build thread
accrete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 05:12 PM   #84

Name: Brian
Trailer: 2013 ParkLiner
Upstate New York
Deryk-
When I emailed Chandler a couple of months ago with several questions re: Parkliner I asked specifically, "Will a 2kw generator run the air conditioner?", as I already own a Honda which we use with our current teardrop.

His reply, and this is a direct quote - "Yes it will, and we recommend the Honda 2kw; it is better, quieter and cheaper than all the on-board RV generators on the market." Hope that helps. We'll be picking up our Parkliner the first week of April and are counting the days.

BTW since Parkliner got a mention in (I think) the January issue of Trailer Life Magazine, Chandler has been buried in emails and phone calls. Be patient waiting for a reply. He says he is averaging about 50 inquiries a day!

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
Brian M. in NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 05:28 PM   #85

New Jersey
Registry
Hey Brian!

Yeah I heard back from Chandler today, and yeah he says the same thing, the Honda 2000 will handle the job fine. I found the mention in Trailer Life
ParkLiner Trailers

I still debate about going a little larger, just for the extra wattage for power outages and possible running power tools. Funny thing is neither the Honda or the Yamaha offers all the options in one unit... the Honda has the diaphram pump for the extended day tank which rocks, the Yamaha has the built in fuel line shutoff, and longer warranty... the 2400 is a nice pieceof machinery and at 1/4 load which the ac will pull is at 53db... and max rpm's is like 3400 so it keeps it quiet.... but people have tried and failed useing extended run tanks... always something lol

deryk
Old 02-17-2013, 05:42 PM   #86

Name: Brian
Trailer: 2013 ParkLiner
Upstate New York
Hi Deryk,
Just a couple of other things to consider...
We were camped on the Sacandaga River in the southern Adirondacks last September and although the water was very low, the sound of water running over the rocks completely drowned out the sound of the Honda from 20 ft away.

Also, if you have back problems, the difference between 44 lbs and 75 lbs is significant. I can, at least, get the Honda out of my tug and set it on a small cart to roll it where I need it. The Yamaha would be impossible!
Best,

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
Brian M. in NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:10 PM   #87

New Jersey
Registry
Scarily enough at 45, Im in the best shape Ive ever been in...Im lighter then I was in high school and the 75lbs isn't a huge deal(heh I just lost 75lbs lol)... but I was looking at a cage type enclosure that bolts onto your tongue that a honda 2000 would fit into.

Chandler told me that the receiver on the back can support 200lbs but obviously it lightens the tongue weight. I have dual propane tanks so it makes it a bit heavier. I like the idea of a box on the back for the hoses/extention cords/my rocket stove for outside cooking. I live in an apartment, so dont have a garage and plan on keeping the ParkLiner ready to head out for the weekend, even if its just goin down to a friends place and park in his side yard and hang out...beats sitting at home.

deryk
Old 02-20-2013, 04:05 PM   #88

Astoria Oregon
Registry
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by deryk View Post
...I saw this and really like it...

Tire Covers Continental Kit
t

Hey deryk, I read that the PL stock tires are ST205/75/D14 and that size is available : ) i might order us one too.

Also, where did you mount your license plate? I see that the tire cover peeps have one that has a built in plate cut-out.

picture of PL-rear angle from their FB page
Old 02-20-2013, 04:19 PM   #89

New Jersey
Registry
Thom just add a light then for it. I'm thinking about ordering the cover and get a friend to do something Celtic on it... to jazz the trailer up.

deryk
Old 02-25-2013, 10:35 AM   #90

New Jersey
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by accrete View Post
I first saw it here:
Tradesman 21 in Trailer Tongue Box.

It will fit my small yamaha genset and hopefully the area on the PL tongue. Once i know, i'll shop for the best bargan and order one : )
Hey Thom, sorry for the delay, just moved my ParkLiner to my parents house yesterday afternoon. The 21" model will fit fine. I had 33" wide at the frame up against the glass and about 26" to the jack handle. Model's might vary since mine is an earlier model.

deryk

btw, my parent were very impressed with the ParkLiner. My mom agree's the large dinett is going to primarily stay down as a bed to give me room for clothes(I do a medieval reinactment so I have a wardrobe of gypsy/pirate kinda stuff lol) She told me to organize it though which is very true. But now that it's only 15 minutes away will be easier to work on it...make some mod's to improve it for me!

I was busting my father's chops because like 20 years ago my mom wanted a camper(granted she wanted a bigger model with the fancy slideouts and all that) but he told her he wasn't going to tow anything...I told her to buy it and just come home with it...but sadly she is still part of that generational mindset/brainwashing that women can't do everything... I told him it is not hard towing it, granted Im not taking it out if its icy or talking horrific wind/rain conditions
Old 02-25-2013, 02:37 PM   #91

Astoria Oregon
Registry
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by deryk View Post
Hey Thom, ...The 21" model will fit fine. I had 33" wide at the frame up against the glass and about 26" to the jack handle. Model's might vary since mine is an earlier model...
THX for the info deryk!
& your reenactment hobby sounds fun. I've visited the events once or twice, it was a nice time.

Cheers,
Thom

Tags
parkliner