I got me a ParkLiner Egg! - Page 6 - Fiberglass RV

Old 02-12-2013, 03:57 PM   #71

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
Yeah you would think scamp and casita would be looking to improve to make their customers happy. Whoever at scamp that maintain s there Facebook page isnt sharp at all...i was asking some internal measurements like how wide is the walkway between the galley and the closet right across from it and they couldn't understand... really?

So im thinking of adding a real receiver on the back of my ParkLiner to hold hoses, extention cables, leveling blocks, few folding chair's and my rocket stove... tjings i don't want to keep inside.

Deryk

Old 02-12-2013, 05:14 PM   #72

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1977, 1978 (2), 1300 - 1977, 1973, and a 1972
Alberta
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by deryk View Post
So im thinking of adding a real receiver on the back of my ParkLiner to hold hoses, extention cables, leveling blocks, few folding chair's and my rocket stove... tjings i don't want to keep inside.
Now that you have put the air bags on your TV, ironically, you will have to watch your tongue weight, to make sure it is not too light.
The voice of experience.

Old 02-12-2013, 05:19 PM   #73

Name: Josie&Craig
Trailer: Escape 21
South Carolina
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by honda03842 View Post
Josie and Craig,

What site are you on? You're only a few 20 minutes from us, we're in the Escapee park in Wauchula. Possibly we could take a run over on Wednesday if you're not busy.
# 76

Thanks for the offer. If you PM us, I'll check back later ( movie night ) and we'll give you a phone number and see if we can get together tomorrow.

Josie

"Not all those who wander are lost." (J.R.R. Tolkein from Lord of the Rings..."Strider's Poem")
2yax2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:21 PM   #74

New Jersey
Registry
Heh well there is an easy fix...drop the 2 steel propane tanks and add a 25 lb composite tank and mount the 75 lb Yamaha 2400 generator and 5 gallon gas can.....I'm sure it should balance out lol

Deryk

What happens when the tongue gets light and what percent of trailer weight is light? ParkLiner says dry its 220lbs thats with 1 steel propane tank...i have 2 ....if i get to bring mine home this weekend if there is no snow i need to weigh it.
Old 02-12-2013, 05:22 PM   #75

Name: Thom
Trailer: Chevy AWD Van Conversion
Astoria Oregon
Registry
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Tilston View Post
...you will have to watch your tongue weight, to make sure it is not too light...
When talking to Chandler he told me that for every pound placed at the rear "tongue" of the PL, you should calculate ~.8 pounds off the front tongue weight.

Food for thought.
Archive: Parkliner #35 build thread
accrete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:35 PM   #76

New Jersey
Registry
Well Thom, it still makes it possible with the generator up front. I am thinking about converting it to a tri-fuel and if I can place it there next to the propane tank, sheilded of course ...I couldn't store my bowling ball collection back there but could fit the "dirty" stuff back their...but at the same time I saw this and really like it...

Tire Covers Continental Kit

Get an artist friend of mine to do a nice celtic knotwork pattern on it... would make me real happy!

deryk
Old 02-12-2013, 11:46 PM   #77

Astoria Oregon
Registry
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by deryk View Post
...Get an artist friend of mine to do a nice celtic knotwork pattern on it... would make me real happy!

deryk
Yea buddy, i've been tying celtic knots with pen and ink since knee high, then i doodled with them on the PC since ~1988. Fun stuff...

My Celtic art page at my domain.

and one of my silly favorites : )

Old 02-13-2013, 12:10 AM   #78

New Jersey
Registry
Nice Thom! Really Great Work! I am in the SCA, and hang with a bunch of Irish folk musicians! They get me into some nice parties at Pennsic War! Another reason Im looking for a generator. I can't make it this year but I know I will be banished to the rv parking area and there's little shade or breeze so the ac will keep me comfortable.

I saw you mention a yamaha... what size generator? Im looking at the 2400i, will easily power my ac unit and keep the batteries topped off.

deryk
Old 02-13-2013, 06:03 AM   #79

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Deryk,

I was in a Parkliner and it looks like a 5000 BTU AC unit; I think they draw about 5 amps. What size generator does Parkliner suggest?

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:35 AM   #80

New Jersey
Registry
I sent Chandler an email 2 days ago and haven't gotten a response back yet. Its possible a 2000 watt will work, but from reading here and the casita forum, it seems exterior temps, and altitude has an effecton on a generators ability to run an air conditioner. It baffles me people saying they got their rooftop units running off a 2000 watt unit, but people with 6-8000 btu window type air conditioners seem to have problems and vice versa. I think I would rather play it safe, that and if your running a 2000 watt unit with eco mode off rom what Ive read the fuel useage is going to be similar to the fuel useage of the 2400 watt generator.

So with that Im planning on the yamaha 2400 watt, it also puts out enough amps that would run my parents fridge... after sandy Im thinking that wouldn't be a bad thing either for a backup. The only thing I dont like about it is there is no way to use a secondary fuel tank for longer run times. 1/4 load is 8.6hours,cuts it real close for cooling the ParkLiner down to sleep, get my 7 hours or so and wake up with it still running lol. I wonder if drilling a hole in the fuel cap and so you can add a hose like for a honda 2000 and add the 2nd tank above the generator and have a squeeze ball siphon if that would keep the tank full so the generator could run longer? Or cnvert to run off of propane but I hear that tends to make them run hot and I talked with someone at yamaha and they said they tend to get alot of repair work from people trying it...they recomend just buying a model that is designed for it.

deryk
Old 02-13-2013, 08:19 AM   #81

Name: jim
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape19 Prairie Schooner pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Deryk,
Electricity is measured in watts and a standard 15 amp circuit in your house can handle 1800 watts. The basis is watts=volts x amps.
A 2000 watt generator will handle any household window a/c that operates off 120 v with a 15 amp plug.
Old 02-13-2013, 08:53 AM   #82

New Jersey
Registry
Now Jim I did notice that none of the manuf seem to show starting amps for their window units, but they do mention rated 15amp plug. Im just curious about that... Im looking at frigidaires just because thats whats in my ParkLiner, but the 5000btu, 6000btu and 12000 btu units all use the same LCDI 5-15P plug, but the watts/amps are obviously larger as the unit gets bigger. Ive heard startup could be up to 3x the running amps (4.8, 6.1,and 11) Now I know I wont need a unit as large as a 12000 btu in a 12' trailer...but just showing it as an example.

Generator - Air Conditioner - General After-Market Accessories Forum - The Casita Club Forums

deryk
Old 02-13-2013, 11:01 AM   #83

Astoria Oregon
Registry
Smile

: ) deryk, cool with the "Hang with a bunch of Irish folk musicians!" thingy. That would be enjoyable as i'm partial to the music.

We have the AP2000i. Should be more than ample to run anything i might throw at it here in the Pacific Northwest (we don't run AC). We use the unit in emergencies for our 38ft full time rig if the power goes out to keep 12 volt system topped off, everything else can run off the two 40lb propane tanks for an indefinite time.
Old 02-17-2013, 05:12 PM   #84

Name: Brian
Trailer: 2013 ParkLiner
Upstate New York
Registry
Deryk-
When I emailed Chandler a couple of months ago with several questions re: Parkliner I asked specifically, "Will a 2kw generator run the air conditioner?", as I already own a Honda which we use with our current teardrop.

His reply, and this is a direct quote - "Yes it will, and we recommend the Honda 2kw; it is better, quieter and cheaper than all the on-board RV generators on the market." Hope that helps. We'll be picking up our Parkliner the first week of April and are counting the days.

BTW since Parkliner got a mention in (I think) the January issue of Trailer Life Magazine, Chandler has been buried in emails and phone calls. Be patient waiting for a reply. He says he is averaging about 50 inquiries a day!

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
Brian M. in NY is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parkliner