I have a complaint to lodge. - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-20-2011, 07:20 AM   #1

Name: jen
Trailer: 1980 13 ft. burro
Pennsylvania
Registry
I have a complaint to lodge.

I love my Burro, I truly do. But ever since I started reading this forum I have been afflicted by trailer-lust-paralysis. Every time somebody posts some SUPER RARE piece of awesome for sale (the Pleasurecraft! The Eriba Troll! UGH!) I spend half the morning oogling the photos and picturing myself in them, sipping cocktails at some fabulous campsite in a parallel universe in which I never have to show up at the office.

How do I make it stop? It's a good thing I don't have my own driveway or off street parking because it would be jammed with fiberglass trailers by now.
jen b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 07:41 AM   #2

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
You don't. The rest of us have that too. That Pleasurecraft is just plain cool. If I had the right car... However, the Eriba Tool would go perfectly with my VW pickup. However, I have detailed my Uhaul to match the pickup.

Some of us also have what is called "one-foot-itis." We want additional space, and we upgrade to something larger. Watch out for that one.

Of course, you could always fiberglass fins to your Burro.

CindyL
CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 08:12 AM   #3

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
It's called 'FiberLust". I just received a Casita package yesterday with a $3500 discount offer. So I build my Casita, do a spreadsheet and compare to my Egg. I have done this with a 19' Escape also. I've decided to keep my Egg!!
Have you ever been to the Newburgh, NY KOA? They seem to have a lot of freebies and are in the Catskills. Possible site for our next "Eggscape"
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 09:52 AM   #4

Trailer: 1983 13 ft Scamp
Registry
Its called EGGCITEMENT
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 10:25 AM   #5

Trailer: 2007 Casita
See Jen, your not alone in this addiction. At least it's a good addiction to have. I know what you mean about the time, I have had to rein myself in. It's fun to look though!

I am with you, the cute, rare, unusual would be in my barn if I had the time to drive all over the country to buy them.
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 10:47 AM   #6

Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by jen b View Post

It's a good thing I don't have my own driveway or off street parking because it would be jammed with fiberglass trailers by now.
Hi, Jen

I feel a bit like a drug dealer, but....

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...erd-45677.html

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
..........Francesca
Francesca Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 10:54 AM   #7

Trailer: 1970 (Circa) Compact Jr and 1993 Casita
will power ?

We were on vacation in Nebraska a couple months ago. Saw a Casita in a back yard-wanted to stop and see if it was for sale. How would we have gotten it home?
Also saw a fiberglass 13ft camper in the Ozarks-not sure what it was. May stop and see next time we are that way.
I can tell you-it never ends-always scouting.
At one time we had 2 fiberglass trailers.
Won`t get rid of our Casita-.unless we find a really nice replacement. I like the Cadet and Trillium.
So, don`t worry-you are not alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen b View Post
I love my Burro, I truly do. But ever since I started reading this forum I have been afflicted by trailer-lust-paralysis. Every time somebody posts some SUPER RARE piece of awesome for sale (the Pleasurecraft! The Eriba Troll! UGH!) I spend half the morning oogling the photos and picturing myself in them, sipping cocktails at some fabulous campsite in a parallel universe in which I never have to show up at the office.

How do I make it stop? It's a good thing I don't have my own driveway or off street parking because it would be jammed with fiberglass trailers by now.
Ricky 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 04:17 PM   #8

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp 2001
Fiber-lust

Jen,

Although I am perfectly happy with my 13' Scamp, it doesn't prevent me from desiring to add some of those odd & unique FG's to my "wish list".

I have been watching the Tour de France on TV for the last week. Must confess that sometimes my attention wanders to studying the multitudes of Rv's parked on the side of the road hoping to spy a FG trailer amongst their midst !

Deb
Deb&Sam D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 06:55 PM   #9

Name: Charlie
Trailer: '83 Burro
Virginia
Registry
The thrill of pursuit can only be sated by...

MORE PURSUIT!!

I'm looking for more and better accessories for my own Burro, but have on the back burners of my brain a lengthening list of "what if?" scenarios that involve the BBD (Bigger and Better Deal.) Just because you've already ordered doesn't mean you can't reread the menu (at least that's what the man said to his wife as he ogled the pretty girl.)

In the meanwhile, enjoy the pain.

Froggie
Green Frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 08:56 PM   #10

Name: Josie&Craig
Trailer: Escape 21
South Carolina
Registry
I think it's a virus....you get it from the first one and there's no antidote....itza good think we are poor old folk or Mr. 2yax would have the yard full of 'em. (and, to be honest, I've seen a few I might like to add to the ramada of kayaks, the Viking fold out tent and Li'l Scamp....sumbunny, stop meeeeeee....Oh...and I want a fold up bike to take camping while we're at it.)

"Not all those who wander are lost." (J.R.R. Tolkein from Lord of the Rings..."Strider's Poem")
2yax2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 10:17 PM   #11

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2yax2go View Post
I think it's a virus....you get it from the first one and there's no antidote....itza good think we are poor old folk or Mr. 2yax would have the yard full of 'em. (and, to be honest, I've seen a few I might like to add to the ramada of kayaks, the Viking fold out tent and Li'l Scamp....sumbunny, stop meeeeeee....Oh...and I want a fold up bike to take camping while we're at it.)
I really like the old "Tent Campers"...
I'd sure like to see a picture of that "Viking Foldout Tent".
Folded out, if possible!

Francesca
Old 07-21-2011, 05:10 PM   #12

Name: Josie&Craig
Trailer: Escape 21
South Carolina
Registry
Just for you, Francesca....our 2010 Viking Express/Coachman Clipper...we've had a great time in it.

It's ultra light weight (less than 500 lbs) and bare bones, but served our purpose well until we got Li'l Scamp. Our little Pontiac Vibe tows her like a dream. (Think Toyota Matrix Clone)

We thought ours was the last of the line, but Mr. 2yax found 2012 models here:

http://coachmenrv.com/models/literat...ssbrochure.pdf

Viking is FOR SALE, BTW. If anyone's interested.

(I own the trailer...not the company)
Attached Thumbnails
Head on.jpg   side angle.jpg  

inside.jpg   Arrived at OBX.jpg  

"Not all those who wander are lost." (J.R.R. Tolkein from Lord of the Rings..."Strider's Poem")
2yax2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 05:26 PM   #13

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2yax2go View Post
Just for you, Francesca....our 2010 Viking Express/Coachman Clipper...we've had a great time in it.

It's ultra light weight (less than 500 lbs) and bare bones, but served our purpose well until we got Li'l Scamp. Our little Pontiac Vibe tows her like a dream. (Think Toyota Matrix Clone)

We thought ours was the last of the line, but Mr. 2yax found 2012 models here:

http://coachmenrv.com/models/literat...ssbrochure.pdf

Viking is FOR SALE, BTW. If anyone's interested.

(I own the trailer...not the company)
I think I'm in love...
Hmmmmm
I could always tell my husband it's for the grandkids
Let me know when you decide on a price!

Francesca
Old 07-29-2011, 03:28 PM   #14

Name: Philip
Trailer: Escape 13 /Hyundai Santa Fe
British Columbia
Registry
Fiberglass Addiction

It's great to be in a community who feel passionately about FG trailers. I still regret selling my 17' Bigfoot back in the 80's (we were moving to Bermuda) and it was one of the few things I've ever sold for more than I paid.
I'm looking right now and wouldn't even consider a stick built or aluminum, no matter how ultra light they may be. I was at an RV sales lot the other day and I asked the salesman if they ever had small (ie 13') trailers for sale. Much to my surprise he said there was no demand for them. Could this be true in the real world???
So all you FG junkies out there: Why do YOU love FG?. Do you like the small spaces? Towing with a smaller vehicle? Being in a special community? Or?
Thanks!
Phil
reeves99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 05:47 PM   #15

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by reeves99 View Post
I was at an RV sales lot the other day and I asked the salesman if they ever had small (ie 13') trailers for sale. Much to my surprise he said there was no demand for them. Could this be true in the real world???
The salesman was only half right. There's probably little demand for a 13' stick built! But we know different about molded fiberglass. Shhhhh it's a secret
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote