I have a confession to make... - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-01-2012, 10:22 PM   #1

Name: Nick
Trailer: OutdoorsRV
Texas
I have a confession to make...

I crossed over. Yep I did it. After coming so close to having a Scamp 5er and then having to pull that order I didn't think I'd be able to get into anything again very quickly. As it happens my conflict cleared itself fairly quick but not until after I'd arrived on the West Coast. Too late and to far to drive back to Minnesota. So I started looking and needed something.

I'm one of the people who has opted for a Lance Camper trailer. I purchased a model 1885 and am now happily camped at a wonderful rv camp in southern Oregon. The 1885 has features I need (4 season) and I only paid a bit more for it than I was for the Scamp AND much less than an Escape with the same options installed. I'm a happy camper.

I might add that if you are in Oregon and looking for a nice campground you need to check out Lone Mountain RV Resort (not really much of a resort) in O'Brien, OR. Website: lonemountainrv.com.

So as others have said I hope I'm still welcome, and knowing in advance I am. I still derive much value from FGRV and intend to visit frequently. So let the harassment begin.
Rvicsvol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 10:41 PM   #2

Trailer: 1976 Scamp 13 ft
Registry
I checked out their site and it looks like a great floor plan. Congrats on the new purchase.
Old 05-02-2012, 03:53 AM   #3

Name: john
Trailer: scamp 13
Michigan
good for you.lad things smoothed out.
john warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 06:30 AM   #4

Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
I'm in no position to harass... I hope you're enjoying your new home on wheels. Camp on!
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 06:46 PM   #5

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Nick, we know all molded isn't for everyone. Either time to delivery, budget or floor plan, etc. Just don't ask us to discuss SEAM LEAKS. Truly, love the one you're with and make a ton of memories. You know you're always welcome to post in General Chat and the Camping forums... no problemo!
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 06:52 PM   #6

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
nick...i am happy that you are happy. when you had to cancel your order unexpectedly, i was wondering if all was well with you. this proves it is!! happy camping and happy times ahead in the lance.
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 08:09 PM   #7

Trailer: Casita 2000 Spirit Deluxe
Glad you found yourself a camper! Are you heading back to Pa with it or saying out west awhile?
I too went to a sticky for now (starcraft AR-ONE), and as of yet still have not seen a Casita available in my area. They are hard to come by in certain area's of the country. Fiberglass is sturdier, but smaller. Will see what hubby has to say once he has camped in this one. A Casita just may still be in my future. Time will tell.
Happy travels to you!!!

Karalyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 08:29 PM   #8

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Nick, it's about camping and getting out there and enjoying yourself. It's not about what you camp in. We each have different camping needs and wants. Glad you found what worked best for you........ Enjoy!
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 09:38 PM   #9

Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
I know you're not Catholic, but we absolve you... provided you say penance of 3 "Hail Fiberglass's" and 1 "Our Scamp".
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 11:59 AM   #10

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Congrats! on the new Lance 1885. It does look good from the Lance WebSite. Has about everything one would want in a TT.

Now we need to be seeing some camping reports from you & photos would be really nice. My son traded a good sized 5th Wheel for a Lance Truck Camper. We got to see it last summer up in Alaska. I was very impressed with it. It was a few years old as well.

You should have a good product & enjoy!
Adrian W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 07:11 PM   #11

Name: Nick
Trailer: OutdoorsRV
Texas
Thank you all for your kind remarks and gentle harassless replies. I find the lot of you much kinder than on many sites I've visited in the past few days/weeks. I just can't believe you won't help me though when my seams leak. How am I going to make it?

For now my plan is to maintain my domicile in Oregon and not return to PA unless it's a quick trip out to visit my son. However once I get settled in a bit and comfortable with the trailer I do intend to start doing what it's all about and that traveling and camping. Of course I guess I'm technically camping right now since I'm in a campground. Sure beats tents.

As soon as I get everything I have (which isn't much) in it's place, and it stops raining, I'll be taking some pictures and posting them for you all to see. I'm quite happy with my purchase and I've slept like a baby every night since I've had it. Can't get better than that I think.

Off to relax some more. I'm loving it.

Nick

And I need to add that since I bought this I can't believe how many eggs I've seen on the road, in campgrounds, even one in a fenced in area right up against the fence behind and surrounded but junker trucks & cars. Wish I could remember where that was so I could post it here in case anyone was interested in pursuing.
Rvicsvol is offline   Reply With Quote