I have gone to the dark side.... - Page 4 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-29-2011, 07:08 PM   #61

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by honda03842 View Post
I assume that everyone else drains their system and reuses the same antifreeze from year to year.
Not me. As I said $3.99 a gallon is cheap in the grand scheme of things. I'm not interested in saving a liquid that's been fouled with who knows what. Besides, I'll be camping in the spring and what's in the traps and holding tanks will be used to keep the valves from freezing... then down the sewer drain it goes. YMMV
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 05:56 AM   #62

Trailer: 2007 Eggcamper
I run mine through the water lines and into the drains. Wouldn't want to drain it from the gray and black tanks and reuse it (WOULD MAKE FOR SOME BAD TASTING, DEADLY WATER).

Art
artspe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 06:12 AM   #63

Name: Carol
Trailer: Chalet XL for sale. Hoping to get a Snoozy.
New York
It is a beautiful trailer - love the interior! I wish you years of happy and safe traveling in your new home.
CarolMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 04:49 AM   #64

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Registry
Congratulations Jim on your new Lance trailer. Coming from a fiberglass trailer background I'd be interested in your feedback on the Lance's performance and features.

Before buying a used Bigfoot 17 I took a close look at the Lance 1685 and 1575. After extensive internet and Lance forum research, a trip to the dealer for a first hand look did not disappoint. Rather the design, engineering, fit and finish convinced me it would be the perfect trailer for us. Unfortunately it is about a foot too long to fit in a driveway so the long search for a BF continued.

Being a new design and built by a well regarded manufacturer, IMHO Lance has produced a convincing alternative to the classic egg trailer.

Roger
Roger M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 07:16 AM   #65

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
So far the Lance continues to impress me, the tankless water heater works like a charm and the european style windows are impressive.
The length is less than 16' inside and 18.5 overall, is that the 1' difference with your Bigfoot? The entire body does not have to be on pavement, just back to the tires which is about 14' from the tip. I can give you exact if you need them.
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 01:29 PM   #66

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Registry
The driveway in question has a garage eve that extends over 2' into the drive and the trailer must be backed up into the driveway for obvious reasons. Thanks anyway for volunteering the dimensions.

The insulated windows and tankless water heater are two of the many impressive features of the Lance - not to mention the slide out.

Delamination problems have been addressed in the truck camper line and a factory rep at the RV show in Pomona, Ca pitched the laminate and adhesive vendors in working with Lance to build the climate controlled trailer laminate room in the factory. Again, impressive if true.

FWIW, according to the dealer, Lance has several mods available not mentioned on the web site or literature such as bigger LP tanks, dual battery for the 1575 and hi axle lift for off road. I did confirm the hi axle lift with Lance.

For the record, we still love our BabyFoot Sisquatch.

Cheers, Roger
Roger M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 02:24 PM   #67

Name: Paul
Trailer: In the market
Nevada
Did you visit the Lance factory in Lancaster, CA.? If so, how was your visit?

Did the Lance dealer recommend utilizing a weight distribution hitch or sway control on your 1575?

My wife & I are in the market for a small rig like the Lance 1575. Your opinions are appreciated.

2paulperez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 02:38 PM   #68

Pennsylvania
Registry
I have not traveled to Lancaster, Ca nor visited Lance there. There is a Lance RV forum located here Trailer Talk - Forum
and some members have discussed the factory tour and seeing the way the trailers/campers are assembled. There are some videos on line demonstrating the factory tour. I do know that the dealers in and around Lancaster, Ca offer the best deals on prices (no shipping). I do not need any kind of w/d nor sway control towing with my Dodge Hemi. The tongue weight is less than 400# because it only has one battery and one propane tank. Your situation may be different.
Old 12-27-2011, 06:37 PM   #69

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I have not traveled to Lancaster, Ca nor visited Lance there. There is a Lance RV forum located here Trailer Talk - Forum
and some members have discussed the factory tour and seeing the way the trailers/campers are assembled. There are some videos on line demonstrating the factory tour. I do know that the dealers in and around Lancaster, Ca offer the best deals on prices (no shipping). I do not need any kind of w/d nor sway control towing with my Dodge Hemi. The tongue weight is less than 400# because it only has one battery and one propane tank. Your situation may be different.
Seems I'm a month late to this party, but agree with congrats on your Lance TT. In Oct 2009, a neighbor friend was looking for a new Lance 1881 unit, but couldn't find one locally in time to depart for a trip. I did a little googling and "found" one just 40 miles from here. Well, not quite. That particular unit was still at the factory in Lancaster. We're not too far from there here in SoCal. so my neighbor arranged a visit to view and inspect at the factory and invited me to tag along (yes, he did buy it). As part of that visit, we were given a full factory tour guided by Lance's GM. As a retired procurement guy, I've been in a lot of factories. This one was impressive; from their design department to end of line quality control - all top notch. I came home with a complimentary Lance ball cap and got my measuring tape out right away to check if one would fit alongside my garage where I intended to dock the new Casita not yet then ordered. Nope - a bit too wide! I was envious, so an order was placed the very next day for my 2010 Casita. The model 1575 you bought was my favorite, with its slideout dinette, cozy bed and neat galley arrangement. Overall inside length might not be all that much more than a Casita but usable square footage due to that extra width in a "box" design sure has its advantages! Hope you enjoy your trailer!

Edit:
The model I admired in Oct 2009 was actually the 1685. I don't believe the similar but somewhat smaller, lighter and narrower 1575 was in their product line back then.

DirtDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 07:36 PM   #70

Pennsylvania
Registry
Yes, the 1685 was/is the bigger sister to the 1575, a foot larger and dual axles but another 1000#. With tolls and gas and leaving an Egg, I wanted to have a bigger small one.
Old 12-27-2011, 09:48 PM   #71

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Oklahoma
Or a smaller bigger one.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 11:04 AM   #72

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Quote:
With tolls and gas and leaving an Egg, I wanted to have a bigger small one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Magee View Post
Or a smaller bigger one.
Is that like Jumbo Shrimp?
Old 01-15-2012, 09:11 AM   #73

Name: Dan
Trailer: 2017 Bigfoot 25B25RQ
California
Quote:
Yes, the 1685 was/is the bigger sister to the 1575, a foot larger and dual axles but another 1000#. With tolls and gas and leaving an Egg, I wanted to have a bigger small one.
There is a dealer in Petaluma. Chris and I looked at both the 1575 and the 1685. For us the 1685 is a better fit, and with our Tow Beast, not an issue.

The 1575 being a newer model has several features not available on the larger sibling. Dual pane windows and the tankless water heater for example.

Too bad they are not in the larger one.

When you look at the Lance, notice there are no moldings where the walls meet the ceiling. That says, tight fit, exact dimensions.

Chris and I are going to Quartzite next month and spending 3 weeks in the Casita in Feb. We will know if it is too small after that. If we upsize, I am 90% sure it will be a Lance, and probably the 1685.

Good choice CPAHARLEY!
DeadEyeDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 09:33 AM   #74

Pennsylvania
Registry
Thanks,
I'm taking it out tonite, it's going to be around 14 with wind chills down to -0-, good test for winter use. I'll post the results this week.
Old 01-15-2012, 10:17 AM   #75

Name: Tim
Trailer: 2006 Casita
New York
Jim, Just looked at the youtube video on your trailer, very nice indeed. I can't wait to see it @ the end of June at Egg Fest. Does this have the cassette toilet ? Tim
Tim Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 10:21 AM   #76

Pennsylvania
Registry
No, I wish it did, but it is a conventional one with foot flush. I had a cassette in my T@da and loved it. See you in June....
Old 01-15-2012, 10:32 AM   #77

Name: Tim
Trailer: 2006 Casita
New York
Yep, I had one in my Northstar and loved it also, hopefully they will offer it at some point.
Tim Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 04:32 PM   #78

Trailer: Casita
Hi CpaHarley,

I don't know if you saw my post recently, but we sold our Casita last Friday and we're seriously looking for the same issues you did. We saw the Lance TT's at an RV show here in Denver last Thursday and really like them. I love the 1575 but that Bathroom is just too tight for me. So the Lance 1685 is at the top of our list now. I'm looking at a lot of things and have discovered the Heartland EDGE M-21. If you go to < | Heartland RVs, you can see it. They may have stopped production, but I hope not. Will find out next week. Also, I don't think it will work, but check this out. www.livinlite.com

I'll be interested in how your new unit works for you.

Regards,
Keith
Keith Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 04:34 PM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadEyeDan View Post
There is a dealer in Petaluma. Chris and I looked at both the 1575 and the 1685. For us the 1685 is a better fit, and with our Tow Beast, not an issue.

The 1575 being a newer model has several features not available on the larger sibling. Dual pane windows and the tankless water heater for example.

Too bad they are not in the larger one. <_<

When you look at the Lance, notice there are no moldings where the walls meet the ceiling. That says, tight fit, exact dimensions.

Chris and I are going to Quartzite next month and spending 3 weeks in the Casita in Feb. We will know if it is too small after that. If we upsize, I am 90% sure it will be a Lance, and probably the 1685.

Good choice CPAHARLEY!
Just read this thread and the only thing I'm concerned about with the 1685 is the TPO "rubber type" Roof. I, too, wish they had some of the 1575 features.

EKW
Old 01-15-2012, 04:36 PM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frederick L. Simson View Post
Is that like Jumbo Shrimp?

No, it's like a "Clean Chinese Restaurant". No, wait a minute....that's an oxymoron, right?

EKW