I have good news and bad news.... - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 05-11-2012, 10:03 PM   #15

Name: jim
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape19 Prairie Schooner pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Magee View Post
The Escape 19 is a nice trailer, for sure. I hope you didn't take too much of a beating on the Lance resale.

of course I did, just like on my egg and all my other 4 trailers I have owned in the past 4 years, it is my way of "paying it forward" and helping the economy.
it certainly is not earning any rate of return in the bank, so why not.

Old 05-11-2012, 10:30 PM   #16

Name: Vickie
Trailer: 1988 Perris Pacer ('Bean') / 2015 Ford F-150, 2017 Winnebago UltraLite 27BHSS
Nebraska
Registry
Good philosophy, Jim!! I'm feeling much better about the possible changes that may be looming in my future!!!

Old 05-11-2012, 10:50 PM   #17
Administrator

Name: Mary
Trailer: Escape 21; (formerly Casita LD 17 & 16)
Texas
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
It was either an Airstream or a Bigfoot or an Escape. I feel the need to live my dreams
and I have spent a lot of time research these three. I saw a Bigfoot at the Tennessee Rally and really liked the sturdiness of it. The Airstream's 3000 rivets concern me and the 22' Sport was my choice but I feel the fiberglass Escape will hold it's value like the Airstream but have lot less potential issues. In addition the Escape is lighter and shorter and easier to maneuver. Also, Airstreams can not be changed, they have no options whereas you can make/outfit the Escape anyway you please. Oh, one more thing, I love to camp in the winter and other than Bigfoot what else is there?
Wow, Jim! Congrats on your new Escape. I'm curious about the options you chose, and/or what you mean by "anyway you please." I'd love to have a 19 ft. Escape, although there are a couple of features that I know I wouldn't like. (One is no Fantastic Fan over the bed.)
Mary F is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 11:50 PM   #18
Commercial Member

Name: Deb & Chuck
Trailer: Bigfoot, Boler, Trillium, ECO, U-Haul, Burro, Escape, Trailswest, Compact Jr., Casita, Scamp
Washington
You will like your Escape 19 Tammy and Reace are just great to work with. Get the taillights on each side of the back window for added safety, a front box is a great place to store all the trailer stuff.
Chuck
Old 05-12-2012, 08:59 AM   #19

Name: Mon
Trailer: 13' 2008 Scamp...YAY!
Missouri
As someone who just drove 1,700 miles one way to pick up her trailer, I'll tell ya man, watch out for those mountains! I left St Louis, MO area on a Friday morning, went to just about Butte, MT and then headed back with the Scamp and got home Wed evening. Would have been home Tuesday but got sick from Salt Lake to way east of Denver and that slowed me down. Take your time, because those quick altitude changes may not work out well for you, on a personal level.

Mon
Old 05-12-2012, 12:19 PM   #20

Name: Ray
Trailer: 21' Escape - former owner of 17' "other brand."
Florida
Registry
I hope you finally have one with which you will be content.
Old 05-12-2012, 02:47 PM   #21

Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary F View Post
I'd love to have a 19 ft. Escape, although there are a couple of features that I know I wouldn't like. (One is no Fantastic Fan over the bed.)
Mary is there a reason they cant add one to that area? I know they often have a/c there but if that was not there can it not be a fan instead? seems odd. or is it a roof structural issue that makes it not possible to move the A/c forward a little to accommodate another fan behind it? I realize they do also have a fan closer to the front.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 04:49 PM   #22

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2017 Escape 21
Oswego, NY
Registry
Welcome to becoming an "East Coast Escape Owners!" (Although at the moment I'm in Tupleo, MS heading west.)
Jon Vermilye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 06:58 PM   #23

Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape19 Prairie Schooner pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Yes, I foresee a US Escape Rally vs the one held in Canada every year.
Old 05-12-2012, 07:33 PM   #24

Name: Jack
Trailer: '98 BURRO 17WB
Delaware
I once drove 1400 mi in 23 hours and slept an hour of that. Laramie WYO to Columbus OH. The next day I slept and slept and slept. Maybe with two drivers but both of you stay on the safe end of the fatigue/alertness curve. Over the road truckers have logs for a reason. The state can't limit your time at the wheel; you can. At least you won't have to get a motel room on the return should you need something more extended and comfy than a catnap. Be safe, Jim.

jack
Old 05-12-2012, 07:42 PM   #25

Pennsylvania
Registry
I have done some preliminary calculations. Leaving Sat 6am and driving non stop to 6 pm sunday-Billings, Mt. STop and get a room/shower/sleep. Depart 7 am Monday and drive another 14 hours and arrive at canada/usa border, stop get a room. Tuesday pick up Escape and leave by 1 pm and return 12 hours to Butte, Mt stop and sleep in camper.
Wed, drive the "Going to Sun Highway" (it is on my bucket list) and stop for night in Buffalo, Wy. Thurs drive to Iowa, stop, Friday stop in Indianna, Sat stop in Pa, arrive home sunday total miles 5800 in 9 days
Old 05-12-2012, 08:40 PM   #26

Name: Jack
Trailer: '98 BURRO 17WB
Delaware
Maybe that's doable baring mechanical and intestinal downtime but that first 36 sure sounds like the house of pain to me.

jack
Old 05-12-2012, 09:01 PM   #27

Name: Michael
Trailer: Li'l Hauley
Oklahoma
Is that the best you can do for time off from work? Sounds grueling and torturous.
How much time do we have left? 2 Chr. 7:14
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 09:30 PM   #28

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 2012 Chevy Silverado
Michigan
Maybe you already know this but you are not allowed to take a trailer across the Going to the Sun highway. Some very narrow places and some low overhangs. Drive it without your trailer anyway and then take U.S.2 around the south end of the park. Very scenic. Stop at the Goat Lick on the way. Do not take U.S.2 out of Montana. The N.D. oil boom makes campgrounds and RV parks unavailable. We found out the hard way and were one of many RVs in the Walmart parking lot at Williston.