I have good news and bad news.... - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-13-2012, 02:31 PM   #41

Trailer: Escape 17 ft Plan B
Registry
There is an existing thread at the Escape Forum on importing a trailer that may be helpful although Carol's is pretty complete!) Check Towing Unregistered
Jon Vermilye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 04:50 PM   #42

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
I see that discussion that Jon posted the link to indicates someone was going to go to ICBC, Insurance Corporation of British Columbia (our one and only insurance company in BC), to get a temporary insurance for 1, 5, or 30 days - you may want to go over to the Escape Forum ask the party who posted that if that worked out for them.... I wondered if they would do that for someone not living in BC but I dont see why not the car dealer in Seattle had no problem buying a temp permit in Washington for me.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 04:53 PM   #43

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
I'm going to ask Tammy about that, do I need that for the trek back to the border? I'm also going to talk to my insurance co, they normally issue a binder on a new rv purchase showing the existence of insurance, not sure if that meets BC requirements.
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 05:07 PM   #44

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I'm going to ask Tammy about that, do I need that for the trek back to the border? I'm also going to talk to my insurance co, they normally issue a binder on a new rv purchase showing the existence of insurance, not sure if that meets BC requirements.
We do require that the trailer have a visible valid licence (fixed or temp) on it so having that would not be a bad thing! It might also get you through other states that have the same requirement. As someone pointed out you will have the Canadian Maple leaf on the tire cover and with a temp ICBC permit in the back window of the trailer & from the back they cant see your trucks licence plate so good bet they will think all is good and your just a Canadian tourist in the USA Who knows it might work for you - we tourists tend to get treated very well in the US
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 06:56 PM   #45

Trailer: Escape 17 ft Plan B
Registry
While it probably depends on the state of registration & the insurance company, here in NY my Allstate agent asked what day I wanted the insurance to start, the cost of the trailer, and they issued a new insurance card that included the trailer.
Jon Vermilye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 07:12 PM   #46

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
From the Escape Website

Frequently asked questions

Quote:
What is involved for US customers exporting an Escape ?

There are no taxes or duties payable on the purchase of an Escape Trailer. When you arrive to take possession of your new Escape, we will provide you with all the necessary forms required by the border to import the trailer into the US. When crossing into the the US, a confirmation of the VIN is all that is necessary and you are on your way.
Old 01-20-2014, 06:39 PM   #47

Trailer: Escape 21 Nov.2016
Florida
Registry
escape

why don't you just let escape bring the trailer to you then you could have 7 days of camping instead of driving . I don't know the cost but if they have enough trailers going to east coast it might be a wash with gas and food and problems along the way? just asking
jennykatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 06:51 PM   #48

Name: Jack
Trailer: '98 BURRO 17WB
Delaware
Last entry from Jim on this thread was in 2012. "That" trailer (Escape 19) was, in fact delivered by Escape or hired carrier. I believe there's another Escape coming--the 21 named Blackjack. Got to get up early to catch Jim with a trailer. Sometimes it's easier to catch him without!

jack
rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 07:28 PM   #49

Pennsylvania
Registry
Thank you Jack, yes, both trailers have been delivered, BlackJack safely ensconced in the yard, went to Burnt Cabins last weekend for inaugural trip.
Old 01-20-2014, 10:19 PM   #50

Delaware
I missed news of the delivery somehow. How's it work with that FJ? We stopped in BC 29 Dec. on way back from Indiana. Got buckwheat, pumpkin, and Apple pancake flower from the miller's wife. Out of hickory syrup. Said she gets it from the Farm Show in Harrisburg.

jack
Old 01-20-2014, 10:22 PM   #51

Delaware
By the by, I'm beginning to see how updating avatars throws off the sense of chronology here. Gotta watch those dates of posting.

jack
Old 01-21-2014, 06:22 AM   #52

Pennsylvania
Registry
Burnt Cabins will ship also. We took some of their pancake mix out to Nebraska last summer and it won best in cg taste. I like it there during the week, the are are Passport CG also with 50% off Sun-thurs.
Old 01-21-2014, 08:11 AM   #53

Delaware
P.A. appears to be the way to go for discount camping in PA, particularly along the Turnpike.

jack
Old 01-22-2014, 05:06 PM   #54

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 16
Michigan
3000 miles in three days? I would so be suffering from TB (tired behind) at the 1/2 way point. Still with a new camper at the end of the trip I would probably tough it out. Would want a few days to recover before the return trip, sounds like a good excuse to take Carols suggestion to do a little BC camping time for R&R.
RogerDat is offline   Reply With Quote