I have seen the Nest in person! WOW! - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-26-2015, 01:38 PM   #41

Name: elizabeth
Trailer: T@B
Oregon
OMG..THAT NEST IS GORGEOUS.... and in Oregon!!! But before I get too excited...I need to know the hitch weight.
ORshepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 03:54 PM   #42

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Hey Liz. You gonna find that MOST RV owners are gonna be "love the one your with" Meaning, if they own it, the love it and there's nothing better. I'm a Scamp owner but certainly dont feel that way!

Now, with the T@B, I'd leave it alone! I've gone as far as test-pull one. I like the looks of them and all, but unless Little Guy has changed them, they're FULL of ABS plastic on the outside. I was on the TAB forum for awhile in '09 before I made up my mind and people were complaining constantly about the plastic always cracking and fatiguing.

WhatEVER you choose, I'd try and go with fiberglass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORshepherd View Post
T@B owners LOVE their T@Bs!!!
( I think they have also been taking these "fix" issues seriously and keep upping the quality.)
It's high on my list and the T@B people really are in love....

However....I am a total noob and want to hear everything before i plunk any money down.

My problem is finding a trailer with a bathroom with a hitch weight of 165lbs!
Darral T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 04:09 PM   #43

Name: elizabeth
Trailer: T@B
Oregon
Thanks for the input Darral.

I'm a little discouraged...although all the new stuff coming out is heartening.

Alas....the tongue weight of the NEST....is 260...
ORshepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 04:18 PM   #44
MC1

Name: Wayne
Trailer: Airstream Sold, Nest Fan
Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by ORshepherd View Post
Thanks for the input Darral.

I'm a little discouraged...although all the new stuff coming out is heartening.

Alas....the tongue weight of the NEST....is 260...
Yes .... the Volvo tongue rating comes from Europe where Volvo's tow trailers designed with very light tongue weights at around 8%. Many trailers over here are designed differently and in many cases hitch mods are required to take on the North American designed trailers which tow best at a 10 to 15% tongue weight. Also note as the weights get higher then a WDH becomes a consideration. An RV shop with set up knowledge would be a great place to start for optimum results.
MC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 04:18 PM   #45

If your camping style is willing, maybe you could not have the two propane tanks on the nest and go all electric to get the weight down for your car. Just tossing out an idea.
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 04:51 PM   #46

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Those of us in the Pacific Northwest or that have attended the Oregon Gathering or NOGs that Robert attended, have absolute faith in his ability to build a beautiful, functional trailer. We've seen some of his Egg Plant rebuilds. SWOON!

I'm hoping a whole bunch of us get to see the Nest at the Fall NOG, expecting to see something fantastic. THAT should help with his "advertising" as we have folks coming from three-four states and Canada.
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 03:28 PM   #47

Name: Dale
Trailer: 2010 EggCamper; 2002 Highlander 3.0L; 2017 Escape 21'; 2016 F-150 5.0L Fx4
Colorado
Any update on what's happening at Nest? Is Robert registered to have/show a Nest at the Fall NOG coming up in a few weeks? As the old television commercial said, "Inquiring minds want to know."
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 10:37 AM   #48

Name: Myron
Trailer: Escape
New Mexico
Registry
Is the NestCaravan website bloated beyond tolerable limits? Took 3 minutes to load, then scrolling through its pictures half the images were only partially there. I gave up.
MyronL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 10:59 AM   #49

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
Must be a temporary glitch, Myron. I was on a while back, and it did not do that for me, but it does now. Probably near a minute to load to the home page.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 11:09 AM   #50

New Mexico
Registry
Just tried again but this time it took 4 minutes to load. Then 7 picture views were from partially to nearly all blacked out. Maybe it's my 4 year old PC? Oh, fudge.
Old 09-14-2015, 11:14 AM   #51

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
Not super fast here Myron, it started loading slow, then bang, it completed fast. Likely 30 seconds tops. All the photos come up fine for me. My PC is at least 4 years old too.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 12:03 PM   #52

Trailer: Oliver
Registry
The site worked fine for me. What didn't work for me was the price. Having owned two different Oliver's, both 17' and 23.5', I'm reasonably immune to sticker shock. Looking at the prices on their list of options, if I add just just what comes standard on the Oliver to his base price, it equals more than I paid for our newest one. And you're still left with a 17 foot, rear door unit that is missing many of the little things that make the Oliver stand out. Everybody is always hooting about Oliver's price, but I'll be shocked to see folks lining up to spend upwards of $45K for this thing.
Steve Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 12:06 PM   #53

More than likely your internet connection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myron Leski View Post
Just tried again but this time it took 4 minutes to load. Then 7 picture views were from partially to nearly all blacked out. Maybe it's my 4 year old PC? Oh, fudge.
Old 09-14-2015, 01:55 PM   #54

New Mexico
Registry
Just sent a message to mailto:info@nestcaravans.com?Subject=info%20nest and it came back to me as failed, un-deliverable.

Nothing's wrong with my internet connection.
Old 09-14-2015, 01:58 PM   #55

Ok...sometimes "slow" can mean internet connection. Speedtest.net helps out for a quick test in that arena for what it's worth. But if it's "undeliverable" ...guess they're having server probs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myron Leski View Post
Just sent a message to mailto:info@nestcaravans.com?Subject=info%20nest and it came back to me as failed, un-deliverable.

Nothing's wrong with my internet connection.