I Just Have To Ask, why Escape? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 04-13-2013, 11:51 PM   #15
Member
 
LindaK's Avatar
 
Name: Linda
Trailer: Chinook
Washington
Posts: 91
Escape Trailers are great

We have owned many trailers over the years including numerous stick-built, Bigfoot, Airstream, ParkLiner, and Escapes (three of them), and we have had many friends with other trailers including Scamps and Casitas. There is no question that our preference is Escape trailers. They are high quality molded fiberglass trailers, the owners are wonderful and work with each customer to create a trailer suited to their specific needs, the customer service is better than any company we have ever dealt with, and Escape trailers keep getting better because the owners listen to the customers and cater their product to the needs of the people. We have had three Escapes because they keep getting better. The owners listen, they have integrity, and they care about their customers. If you have a problem, they make it right. The way they run their business is different than most. There is no comparison as far as we are concerned.
__________________

__________________
Linda
LindaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 07:06 AM   #16
Senior Member
 
cpaharley2008's Avatar
 
Name: jim
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape19 Prairie Schooner pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Posts: 6,398
Registry
I agree with what Floyd says "I disagree...The Escape interior pales in comparison to the Scamp Custom Deluxe interior." and I think Escape will have to change or offer the solid wood interior as an option. I can not imagine that the cost would be be that much more but the results are worth it. This will prevent that 30 year old paneling look that is prevalent in some older models. An upgrade with the solid wood would mean sanding and applying another stain
by the new owner, something that is done in older homes now with wood floors and trim. I just finished this yesterday and love how it turned out.
Attached Thumbnails
DSCN0504.JPG   DSCN0505.JPG  

DSCN0506.JPG  
__________________

__________________
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 07:15 AM   #17
Senior Member
 
Alf S.'s Avatar
 
Name: Alfred
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2010 Nissan Frontier
Ontario
Posts: 3,815
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I agree with what Floyd says "I disagree...The Escape interior pales in comparison to the Scamp Custom Deluxe interior." and I think Escape will have to change or offer the solid wood interior as an option. I can not imagine that the cost would be be that much more but the results are worth it. This will prevent that 30 year old paneling look that is prevalent in some older models. An upgrade with the solid wood would mean sanding and applying another stain
by the new owner, something that is done in older homes now with wood floors and trim. I just finished this yesterday and love how it turned out.
Hi: cpaharley2008... We just painted over our "30 yr. old paneling look" in the family room. What a diff. a few cans of paint can make!!!
Reace at Escape is very consious of additional weight to his trailers when mfg'd.
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
__________________
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 07:22 AM   #18
Senior Member
 
cpaharley2008's Avatar
 
Name: jim
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape19 Prairie Schooner pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Posts: 6,398
Registry
True, Alf the weight is a consideration and something I have no idea about the difference. But as you pointed out, painting or restaining old wood gives it a new look. Have a safe trip down south next week.
__________________
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 08:26 AM   #19
Raz
Senior Member
 
Raz's Avatar
 
Name: Raz
Trailer: Trillium 2010
Vermont
Posts: 4,055
Hi Cathy. In 2009 we decided it was time to replace our Chalet A frame. We talked with a Scamp owner and later a Casita owner and came to the conclusion molded fiberglass was the way to go. We found this forum and like you, we found Escape seemed to be the best. With folks echoing "you can get anything you want" we ordered a 15ft. model. The first wrinkle was the refrigerator. We wanted one that didn't require power when using propane. We settle on a smaller Dometic as the Norcold we requested couldn't be used due to certification issues. We asked for jalousie windows. They couldn't get them in the right size. No opening front window. No opening rear window. A slider on one side and the emergency egress on the other. We cancelled the order. After a look at Scamp, we ordered a Trillium. Despite the smaller bed (there was no 15 ft at the time) the jalousie windows on all four sides made it the perfect trailer for our needs. And now that I have experienced both, I prefer the fiberglass furniture over the wood. The trade off with the Trillium was very poor build quality and zero customer support.

Every trailer is a compromise. What's best for some is not necessarily best for you. Raz
__________________
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 08:41 AM   #20
Senior Member
 
Name: Cathy
Trailer: In the Market
Kansas
Posts: 799
P. Raz: Funny, we were looking seriously at the Chalet A frame. On the Trillium, is that one being built in Florence, AZ right now as we were looking online at their units. We also liked the Norcold frig over the Dometic and we have had a few. I actually scan my RV Buyer's Guide to see who puts in the Norcold units.

Thank you everyone else for your responses. I do agree that the Scamp Deluxe is awesome looking with the wood cabinets but I do also love the fiberglass molded because of the clean and classic look. I like all the units actually and each for different reasons.
__________________
Cathy P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 09:02 AM   #21
Raz
Senior Member
 
Raz's Avatar
 
Name: Raz
Trailer: Trillium 2010
Vermont
Posts: 4,055
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy P. View Post
P. Raz: Funny, we were looking seriously at the Chalet A frame. On the Trillium, is that one being built in Florence, AZ right now as we were looking online at their units. We also liked the Norcold frig over the Dometic and we have had a few. I actually scan my RV Buyer's Guide to see who puts in the Norcold units.

.
We enjoyed our Chalet. The interior build was very similar to the Escape. The reasons for moving on were the sliding windows, lots of moving parts and anytime you stop to take a break you have to set up.

In regard to the Trillium, same guy, different location. In the first three chapters, the trailers were made by different companies one of which was Escape. I don't know what the current situation is nor if the problems we experienced have been corrected. Raz
__________________
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 09:05 AM   #22
Senior Member
 
Name: Cathy
Trailer: In the Market
Kansas
Posts: 799
Thank you Raz.
__________________
Cathy P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 11:49 AM   #23
Member
 
LindaK's Avatar
 
Name: Linda
Trailer: Chinook
Washington
Posts: 91
I agree with the premise that there is no "perfect" trailer and it is a personal decision. Is there a "perfect" anything? There are plenty of factors that enter in to a trailer purchase and it is different for everyone. The fact that the owners of Escape Trailer Industries (Tammy and Reace) have integrity, great customer service, and listen to their customers is big in our book!
__________________
Linda
LindaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 04:35 PM   #24
Senior Member
 
Mike Magee's Avatar
 
Name: Michael
Trailer: Li'l Hauley
Oklahoma
Posts: 5,142
Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd View Post
I disagree...The Escape interior pales in comparison to the Scamp Custom Deluxe interior.
I sort of forgot about the deluxe cabinet option, and yes they do look wonderful. But Scamp's fabric choices are stuck in the '60s IMO. And Escape adds little touches that dress up the interior, it seems to me, that are common in the industry but not utilized by Scamp.
__________________
How much time do we have left? 2 Chr. 7:14
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 05:01 PM   #25
Senior Member
 
FTTRV's Avatar
 
Name: Chuck
Trailer: tp
Washington
Posts: 649
I once owned a 19ft Escape and we wanted a stove and oven. Reace installed one for us we were the second trailer off the line with that option. Then in June 2011 Tammy told us they had several trailers on the line with ovens. If you want it they will do it for you. You can't beat the 2 year warranty the trailers come with. They stand behind their product. The best customer service anywhere. When Reace comes to Bandon he repairs Escape trailers while on holiday. Would Casita or Scamp or Bigfoot or Parkliner president CEO do that kind of work?
Chuck
__________________
FTTRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 06:12 PM   #26
Moderator
 
Jim Bennett's Avatar
 
Name: Jim
Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Alberta
Posts: 4,722
Registry
It has all been pretty much said, Escape offers a great product, they listen to the customers, and the owners like to party with us. Customer satisfaction is extremely high for good reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
never too late, robin, I have a feeling there will be a bunch of used 19's once the new 21' comes out later this year!!
My thinking is that there will not be many that would upgrade. A few certainly, but not too many. I much prefer the layout in the 19. I guess time will tell though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kootenaigirl View Post
As hard as I try to like it I still do not like the non fiberglass cabinets/ countertops in the Escape. If they had those I think they would be perfect.
If Escape had of done that, they definitely would have lost us as customers.

When looking into the Oliver trailers when I was buying, I found the fiberglass interiors not too my liking at all. My wife agreed too. It did not look at all comfy and cozy, more institutional like. Maybe if they would have been willing to use a warm colour, but they insisted they be white. I guess this is a good reason for different options offered by different manufacturers.
__________________
2017 Escape 5.0 TA (January 26)
2015 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5L EcoBoost
2009 Escape 19 (previous)
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 06:36 PM   #27
Senior Member
 
Donna D.'s Avatar
 
Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Posts: 24,432
Quote:
Originally Posted by kootenaigirl View Post
As hard as I try to like it I still do not like the non fiberglass cabinets/ countertops in the Escape. If they had those I think they would be perfect.
I think because I see lots of old Bigfoots in Canada with the wood cabinets and they just look so dated and veneer is coming off etc.
I have an all wood Scamp. At first I thought it was wonderful. Now I'm tired of all the brown (how many times have I said that over the last several years!). However, if the laminate counter in my Scamp gets damaged, a small piece of laminate will fix it. I've seen alot of damaged all fiberglass counters... cracks, chips, scratches and oops cuts with knives... and the gel coat worn. The first option to fix is paint, the second option is new gelcoat... which few can do well. If one buys new, you can take care of the all fiberglass counters. However when buying used... you get what you get. Different strokes for different folks.
__________________
Donna D.
Ten Forward - 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Double Yolk - 1988 16' Scamp Deluxe
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 06:57 PM   #28
Senior Member
 
floyd's Avatar
 
Name: Floyd
Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
IllAnnoy
Posts: 6,043
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
I have an all wood Scamp. At first I thought it was wonderful. Now I'm tired of all the brown (how many times have I said that over the last several years!). However, if the laminate counter in my Scamp gets damaged, a small piece of laminate will fix it. I've seen alot of damaged all fiberglass counters... cracks, chips, scratches and oops cuts with knives... and the gel coat worn. The first option to fix is paint, the second option is new gelcoat... which few can do well. If one buys new, you can take care of the all fiberglass counters. However when buying used... you get what you get. Different strokes for different folks.
We're still impressed with ours, but we've only had it for nine years.
__________________

__________________
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
escape


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Escape rgrugg General Chat 6 02-27-2013 09:22 AM
New Escape 17 Ace Brown General Chat 15 02-15-2008 11:36 AM
Like to see Escape Ken Tucker General Chat 2 08-07-2006 11:47 PM
Escape Lew King General Chat 6 01-20-2006 12:43 AM

» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.
» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.