I left my trailer in a Campground - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 06-26-2006, 06:03 AM   #15

Name: Roger
Trailer: Y2K6 Born Free 32RQ on the Kodiak chassis, 1995 Coachmen 19' B-van and 1996 Precision 21' Sailboat
Iowa
Quote:
Roger, I would rather be with noisey campers than rude Flatlanders.

Most of the houses on my street are owned by "weekenders" that you rarely see except at holidays. They come up, park in front of your house.. in YOUR driveway (I have had folks towed) drink to excess and in general take it as a weekend to be obnoxious. Kind of like campers LOL!

It really is indescribable how misbehaved folks get.. it's really wierd. They somehow think it is appropraite to engage in behavior and rudeness that would normally get them shot "down the hill". It makes no sense, and it really IS that bad. I shudder at this weekend. Best to get out and keep my nerve.

Having a trailer is grand!
You have described EXACTLY why we fled SoCal! We don't have beaches that everyone from all over the world flock to. We don't have mountains that the flatlanders feel the need to desecrate. We don't have a desert without solitude any more... we just have a nice, even lifestyle year round. The bad weather in the winter and summer tend to keep the riff-raff out!

You are welcome to come visit us here anytime... folks still say "excuse me" when they walk in front of you in the grocery store aisle here!

Roger

Old 06-26-2006, 10:33 AM   #16

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Dlx / 2001 Ford Ranger 4x4
Wow.. what a great idea to do that and your favorate spot too!! you cant even get into any of the campspots around here!!
I would love to be away this time of yr.. expecailly over the 4th.. The dogs hate the fireworks and kling to me like glue....
Hopefully I will eventully find a 5er and truck combo to buy within the next yr and be back camping again!!

Old 06-26-2006, 10:38 AM   #17
Administrator

Name: Mary
Trailer: Escape 21; (formerly Casita LD 17 & 16)
Texas
Registry
Caveat: Some campgrounds won't allow a trailer (or tent) to be unoccupied overnight. Not in a campsite, anyways...

Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 11:42 AM   #18

Name: Byron
Trailer: 2006 Scamp 13' towed with a 2005 Dodge Dakota 4.7l Magnum W/full tow package (over kill)
Oregon
Registry
Quote:
Caveat: Some campgrounds won't allow a trailer (or tent) to be unoccupied overnight. Not in a campsite, anyways...

I've never seen that one, but it wouldn't surprise me. Out here in most camp grounds the first night the site has to be occupied. After that it's ok to leave for a few days, you still can't occupy the site more than 14 days.
Old 06-26-2006, 08:49 PM   #19

Trailer: 2003 Casita Liberty Deluxe
"at least I didn't forget the beer! wait.. I rarely drink the stuff...

It was all in a bag.. I forgot the danged bag!"

Okay, you would be excused by Clete just knowing that you did not forget the beer! Clothes, camera, binoculars.....not important, but don't forget the beer! (or tri-tip!)

Have fun, Gina, and thanks for not sending the flying monkeys after me for my insensitive comments!
Old 06-26-2006, 08:55 PM   #20

Name: Gina D.
Trailer: '77 Leocraft 17 & Former Burro owner and fan!
West Coast USA
Registry
The monkeys are on holiday, but they will be back soon.

Yes, I beleive it is Forest service sites that require occupancy the first nite (did that) and then after it's up to you for up to 14 days.

I will have to look up the rules, but I think there are some limitations on things like certain STATE run facilities that limit you to 14 days per year.. in any site. Keeps folks from living in campgrounds, tho I don't know how they would ever enforce it.
Old 06-26-2006, 10:09 PM   #21

Trailer: 2000 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
great idea, gina!

have a great time with or without a shower!

btw, who would complain about how you smell, the dogs or the nonexistant man in the other chair?
Old 06-27-2006, 08:56 AM   #22

Name: Patrick
Trailer: 2007 Casita Liberty (Sold 2011)/ Honda Odyssey
Arizona
When we were at Jamala (what a fabulous campground!) a few months ago, we talked to a guy that says a number of locals drive there, leave their tent/trailer, go home to work, and come back on the weekends for the surfing.
Attached Thumbnails
Jalama_Beach_Park.jpg  
Old 06-27-2006, 03:36 PM   #23

Name: Gigi
Trailer: Love Bug 1974, Eriba Puck 1972
Arizona, Minnesota & Va
I do this, too, Gina, and it makes me nervous! I imagine all sorts of things happening, mostly, that my darling Lovebug will be stolen. The campground where I only do this, however, is well guarded by a caretaker we call "Sarge" cause he runs a tight ship! I know if anyone started off with Lovey, he'd be on it like flies.

I'm thinking about getting her out there tonight and coming back home for a few days. It usually ensures that I get my favorite spot!

Cheers! Have a great weekend and remember that you can always wash out the black t-shirt! Who cares anyway?
Old 07-02-2006, 11:14 PM   #24

West Coast USA
Registry
All worked out just fine. My screen room suffered some minor pole damage in a hailstorm, but today we had another and I simply "dipped" the front of the room and the water didn't pool.

Nothing was stolen, molested or otherwise ruined.. It was very pleasant to pull in and pick up right where I left off!

here is the view I am over
Attached Thumbnails
hbmeadow.jpg  
Old 07-02-2006, 11:24 PM   #25

West Coast USA
Registry
also forgot to mention, much to my delite.. everyone here is polite and quiet, not a single radio is heard, it's mostly RVers and the place is nowhere NEAR full! No off leash dogs, no motorcycles.. it's a model situation that will no doubt never happen again

We had thunder and lightning today, and another hail, rain storm. Most of the tenters packed up, but the ones left are quiet families that all the RVers are helping by drying out thier clothes with our heaters etc.

It sure feels nice to be able to help out for once!
Old 07-03-2006, 08:10 AM   #26

Name: Roger
Trailer: Y2K6 Born Free 32RQ on the Kodiak chassis, 1995 Coachmen 19' B-van and 1996 Precision 21' Sailboat
Iowa
Nice report Gina! Glad to hear you're enjoying yourself! I'm working from today through next Sunday (with Thursday off) 12 hour days... so no camping for me... but we drove through one of our favorite campgrounds on Saturday, and much to my surprise there were a half-dozen sites available! I was shocked! Sometimes you can't find a place there on Monday afternoons!

We're headed there for a "working" vacation after the weekend of the 8th & 9th... It's close to my wife's work, and I'll do the 'commute' home every morning for a week or so... it kind of breaks up the summer routine.

Rog
Old 07-03-2006, 10:00 AM   #27

Trailer: 2000 19 ft (formerly 17 ft) Casita Freedom Deluxe ('Nuestra Casita') / 2000 4WD V8 Tundra
Send a message via Yahoo to Kurt & Ann K.
Gina,
So far, your campsite has received more precip than our home. We went to the dump the other day and of course they had just done their dust control bit by wetting down the road so the underside of our truck became coated with about a hundred pounds of clay. that required about 2 1/2 hours washing the truck including the undersides. Eeyup, you guessed it, rained the next day just enough to cover the truck and "Nuestra Casita" with oak pollen and debris. That is all the rain we've received so far. Now the question is---to wash or not to wash the vehicles. If you get more rain, you'll know what we decided.
The television weather report and NOAA say there is a 30% possibility of precip, but you are more likely than us to see it.
When travelling, we've always enjoyed the the fresh-washed smells and sights of new locations after the rain.
We are trying to get our act together to begin our trip on Thursday, but our departure is becoming a comedy act due to hour-by-hour and day-by-day changes in plans. I'm not sure what is going on 1/2 the time without checking with "the boss".
Thanks for the report on how your weekend is playing out. We had week-ender neighbors bring guests from Slovakia on Saturday night. We sang old camp tunes and some of Johnny Cash's songs like "Folsom Prison". This was done with an interesting twist, the guitarist and 2 others were singing the lyrics in Hungarian, the rest of us in English. but the tunes were those with which we were all familiar! Great fun! You could try doing that at a campground, a good excuse to dust off your guitar .
Heading "down the hill" to get the laundry done and going by the AAA for a scenic route "trip-tic".
This holiday should generate some interesting tales of folks experiences.
Enjoy
Kurt & Ann K.
Old 07-03-2006, 04:40 PM   #28

West Coast USA
Registry
The pollen is pretty bad here too. Causing me some breathing problems, along with the elevation. So, I am inside with the fantastic fan going keeping things stirred up and outta my nose.

You can smell the electricity in the air, and it's NOT because of some good looking young buck that wandered into my campsite. (Fabio came last nite but I told him I was busy )

The lightning is happening without the rain, and a thunder clap happens every once in awhile.

The campground has CLEARED! I and a couple other RVs are here, but for the most part.. everyone went home yesterday or this morning. Really wierd on a 4 day holiday.

You should come up with the camera Kurt. The clouds are great today!

Or.. get ready for your trip.. it'll happen!