I left my trailer in a Campground - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-26-2006, 09:09 PM   #21

Trailer: 2000 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
great idea, gina!

have a great time with or without a shower!

btw, who would complain about how you smell, the dogs or the nonexistant man in the other chair?
potteralice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 07:56 AM   #22

Trailer: 2007 Casita Liberty Deluxe 17 ft / Honda Odyssey
When we were at Jamala (what a fabulous campground!) a few months ago, we talked to a guy that says a number of locals drive there, leave their tent/trailer, go home to work, and come back on the weekends for the surfing.
Attached Thumbnails
Jalama_Beach_Park.jpg  
Patrick M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 02:36 PM   #23

Trailer: Love Bug 1974
I do this, too, Gina, and it makes me nervous! I imagine all sorts of things happening, mostly, that my darling Lovebug will be stolen. The campground where I only do this, however, is well guarded by a caretaker we call "Sarge" cause he runs a tight ship! I know if anyone started off with Lovey, he'd be on it like flies.

I'm thinking about getting her out there tonight and coming back home for a few days. It usually ensures that I get my favorite spot!

Cheers! Have a great weekend and remember that you can always wash out the black t-shirt! Who cares anyway?
Gigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 10:14 PM   #24

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
All worked out just fine. My screen room suffered some minor pole damage in a hailstorm, but today we had another and I simply "dipped" the front of the room and the water didn't pool.

Nothing was stolen, molested or otherwise ruined.. It was very pleasant to pull in and pick up right where I left off!

here is the view I am over
Attached Thumbnails
hbmeadow.jpg  
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 10:24 PM   #25

Registry
also forgot to mention, much to my delite.. everyone here is polite and quiet, not a single radio is heard, it's mostly RVers and the place is nowhere NEAR full! No off leash dogs, no motorcycles.. it's a model situation that will no doubt never happen again

We had thunder and lightning today, and another hail, rain storm. Most of the tenters packed up, but the ones left are quiet families that all the RVers are helping by drying out thier clothes with our heaters etc.

It sure feels nice to be able to help out for once!
Old 07-03-2006, 07:10 AM   #26

Trailer: Y2K6 Bigfoot 25 ft (25B25RQ) & Y2K3 Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Nice report Gina! Glad to hear you're enjoying yourself! I'm working from today through next Sunday (with Thursday off) 12 hour days... so no camping for me... but we drove through one of our favorite campgrounds on Saturday, and much to my surprise there were a half-dozen sites available! I was shocked! Sometimes you can't find a place there on Monday afternoons!

We're headed there for a "working" vacation after the weekend of the 8th & 9th... It's close to my wife's work, and I'll do the 'commute' home every morning for a week or so... it kind of breaks up the summer routine.

Rog
Roger H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 09:00 AM   #27

Trailer: 2000 19 ft (formerly 17 ft) Casita Freedom Deluxe ('Nuestra Casita') / 2000 4WD V8 Tundra
Send a message via Yahoo to Kurt & Ann K.
Gina,
So far, your campsite has received more precip than our home. We went to the dump the other day and of course they had just done their dust control bit by wetting down the road so the underside of our truck became coated with about a hundred pounds of clay. that required about 2 1/2 hours washing the truck including the undersides. Eeyup, you guessed it, rained the next day just enough to cover the truck and "Nuestra Casita" with oak pollen and debris. That is all the rain we've received so far. Now the question is---to wash or not to wash the vehicles. If you get more rain, you'll know what we decided.
The television weather report and NOAA say there is a 30% possibility of precip, but you are more likely than us to see it.
When travelling, we've always enjoyed the the fresh-washed smells and sights of new locations after the rain.
We are trying to get our act together to begin our trip on Thursday, but our departure is becoming a comedy act due to hour-by-hour and day-by-day changes in plans. I'm not sure what is going on 1/2 the time without checking with "the boss".
Thanks for the report on how your weekend is playing out. We had week-ender neighbors bring guests from Slovakia on Saturday night. We sang old camp tunes and some of Johnny Cash's songs like "Folsom Prison". This was done with an interesting twist, the guitarist and 2 others were singing the lyrics in Hungarian, the rest of us in English. but the tunes were those with which we were all familiar! Great fun! You could try doing that at a campground, a good excuse to dust off your guitar .
Heading "down the hill" to get the laundry done and going by the AAA for a scenic route "trip-tic".
This holiday should generate some interesting tales of folks experiences.
Enjoy
Kurt & Ann K.
Kurt & Ann K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 03:40 PM   #28

Registry
The pollen is pretty bad here too. Causing me some breathing problems, along with the elevation. So, I am inside with the fantastic fan going keeping things stirred up and outta my nose.

You can smell the electricity in the air, and it's NOT because of some good looking young buck that wandered into my campsite. (Fabio came last nite but I told him I was busy )

The lightning is happening without the rain, and a thunder clap happens every once in awhile.

The campground has CLEARED! I and a couple other RVs are here, but for the most part.. everyone went home yesterday or this morning. Really wierd on a 4 day holiday.

You should come up with the camera Kurt. The clouds are great today!

Or.. get ready for your trip.. it'll happen!
Old 07-03-2006, 08:34 PM   #29

Trailer: 2000 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
gina, so glad you are having such a great time!

it is wierd, though, that the others went home.

think they spotted Fabio and ran?
potteralice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 09:56 PM   #30

Trailer: 2000 19 ft (formerly 17 ft) Casita Freedom Deluxe ('Nuestra Casita') / 2000 4WD V8 Tundra
Send a message via Yahoo to Kurt & Ann K.
Gina,
If our trip wasn't in the offing, we would have joined you. We didn't even get to see the sunset from home tonight. Now that the schedule has more-or-less firmed up I've been on the land-line arranging times and places. From this perspective it looks like we'll be in S.E. Washington around the first of August and we'll be counting pennies to see how far else we can travel. If we've depleted the bankroll too much, or the contractors are finally becoming anxious, we'll take a leasurely meander down the coast through the redwoods. If Heidi finds out she must spend her pregnancy in bed like last time, then our pace might have to accelerate a bit. Only the Lord knows how things will work out, but we'd still like to head for Oklahoma and points East and South.

The vehicles did not get scrubbed today so you probably stayed dry. Do you think the thunder-boomers were too much for all the other campers? Maybe they all needed to be back at work today. There was a long line of cars heading up the mountain around noon as we headed down. Your guess is as good as mine as to their destinations.

Soak up as much of that empty campground atmosphere as possible...probably a once-in-a-lifetime occurence. (this crazy banana has quit dancing again)

Fabio's loss

I haven't smelled the ozone (electrical odor)in the air for long time, as I recall it kind of makes the hair on the back of the neck stand up. Definately a peculiar sensation---maybe that contributed to the early departure of the other campers?

Hope the pollen clears so it becomes easier to breath. It would be a shame to waste all that wide open space

Kurt & Ann K.
Kurt & Ann K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 11:03 PM   #31

Trailer: Scamp
Send a message via Yahoo to Pete Dumbleton
Many of the National Forest/Park/Monument CGs have a rule that states a site cannot be left unoccupied for more than 24 hours, usually the CGs that fill up on weekends or holidays. It got so bad at Indiana Dunes Natl Lakeshore, with folks coming out from the cities and setting up a cheap tent a week ahead (and paying, of course), that they went to a system where you had to re-register every day.
Pete Dumbleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 07:54 AM   #32

Trailer: Scamp
Quote:
OK, so I did something wierd.

Am I smart, brave or stupid?

And if anyone would like to join, PM me and I will tell you where. You would need to get up there early.. it's the biggest weekend of the year.. but they usually ALWAYS have sites in the unreservables. I have NEVER seen the place full. It's HUGE.
I take my scamp to rollag(mn) and leave it there 2 - 3 weeks every september and visit it weekly till the big show, Wife plays the accordion. There is no charge as we work around to prepare for show.
bdiscount is offline   Reply With Quote