I left my trailer in a Campground - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV

Old 07-03-2006, 08:34 PM   #29
Trailer: 2000 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
gina, so glad you are having such a great time!

it is wierd, though, that the others went home.

think they spotted Fabio and ran?

potteralice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 09:56 PM   #30
Trailer: 2000 19 ft (formerly 17 ft) Casita Freedom Deluxe ('Nuestra Casita') / 2000 4WD V8 Tundra
Send a message via Yahoo to Kurt & Ann K.
If our trip wasn't in the offing, we would have joined you. We didn't even get to see the sunset from home tonight. Now that the schedule has more-or-less firmed up I've been on the land-line arranging times and places. From this perspective it looks like we'll be in S.E. Washington around the first of August and we'll be counting pennies to see how far else we can travel. If we've depleted the bankroll too much, or the contractors are finally becoming anxious, we'll take a leasurely meander down the coast through the redwoods. If Heidi finds out she must spend her pregnancy in bed like last time, then our pace might have to accelerate a bit. Only the Lord knows how things will work out, but we'd still like to head for Oklahoma and points East and South.

The vehicles did not get scrubbed today so you probably stayed dry. Do you think the thunder-boomers were too much for all the other campers? Maybe they all needed to be back at work today. There was a long line of cars heading up the mountain around noon as we headed down. Your guess is as good as mine as to their destinations.

Soak up as much of that empty campground atmosphere as possible...probably a once-in-a-lifetime occurence. (this crazy banana has quit dancing again)

Fabio's loss

I haven't smelled the ozone (electrical odor)in the air for long time, as I recall it kind of makes the hair on the back of the neck stand up. Definately a peculiar sensation---maybe that contributed to the early departure of the other campers?

Hope the pollen clears so it becomes easier to breath. It would be a shame to waste all that wide open space

Kurt & Ann K.

Kurt & Ann K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 11:03 PM   #31
Trailer: Scamp
Send a message via Yahoo to Pete Dumbleton
Many of the National Forest/Park/Monument CGs have a rule that states a site cannot be left unoccupied for more than 24 hours, usually the CGs that fill up on weekends or holidays. It got so bad at Indiana Dunes Natl Lakeshore, with folks coming out from the cities and setting up a cheap tent a week ahead (and paying, of course), that they went to a system where you had to re-register every day.
Pete Dumbleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 07:54 AM   #32
Trailer: Scamp
OK, so I did something wierd.

Am I smart, brave or stupid?

And if anyone would like to join, PM me and I will tell you where. You would need to get up there early.. it's the biggest weekend of the year.. but they usually ALWAYS have sites in the unreservables. I have NEVER seen the place full. It's HUGE.
I take my scamp to rollag(mn) and leave it there 2 - 3 weeks every september and visit it weekly till the big show, Wife plays the accordion. There is no charge as we work around to prepare for show.

bdiscount is offline   Reply With Quote