I'm really mad! What to do? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-03-2009, 07:34 AM   #21

Trailer: Bigfoot 21 ft Rear Bed
On the lighter side of the situation this sort of reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where Jerry says to the car rental reservationist, you know how to take a reservation but you don't know how to hold it.

Well, we're going to the campground this afternoon and will use the alternate space Ma-Tar-Awa assigned to us. They would not give us the site we had reserved over 5 months ago. There's a long term tenant in there now. We may stay just a day or three, it all depends on what happens. This seems at the moment to be the best solution.

I think the thing that bothers me most is that I was not told the truth by Ma-Tar-Awa. Robin G probably characterized the situation very well in that they opted to displace us sometime after taking our reservation and gave preference to a long term tenant. Had they contacted me then and offered to switch us to another site along with a free night stay I probably would've agreed. Then again, maybe not, but I would've respected their honesty. At this point I don't believe a word they say, especially after their inconsistent attempts to make the thing out as a simple mistake. After a few phone calls it almost seemed funny that they couldn't even keep their story straight.

Steve Dunkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 07:57 AM   #22

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
Steve, at least you have a site, that's a good thing. You are so right that they should have at least let you know the situation when then let the site out to the long term people.

Anyhoo, try to let it slide so you can go any enjoy yourself.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 08:43 AM   #23

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
I hope that you tell them about this website and your post. Personally, I am not all that sure what I would do at this late time about the issue, but going forward, I doubt that I will do business with that bunch of incompetent goobers.

Maybe when they alienate enough people, the new owners will manage the place better. Until then, enjoy your vacation as best you can. And be sure that you tell them what you typed, "Had they contacted me then and offered to switch us to another site along with a free night stay I probably would've agreed". Maybe if they learn some customer service, they can survive.
genebland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 07:43 PM   #24

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
So how was the trip?
genebland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 07:55 PM   #25

Trailer: Bigfoot 21ft (25B21RB)
Steve lets see some pics from your trip
Phil Underwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 04:21 PM   #26

Trailer: Bigfoot 21 ft Rear Bed
We're back. This was not one of our most enjoyable outings. So, sorry Phil, no pics. I just didn't feel like taking any.

While waiting to check in I overheard a few other disgruntled campers that had their reservations fouled up. I began to feel a little sorry for the folks at the campground, customers and staff alike, because it seemed so disorganized. The site they had us assigned to was next to a busy bathroom. We were able to at least move to another site a little further away. The only reason we were able to do so is because the reservation clerk wasn't aware that the site was vacated a month earlier by another long term tenant. Otherwise the campground was completely booked. I never saw so many campers.

We were able to carve out a little fun amid the noise. The campers on one side of us were playing middle eastern (supposedly between Irag and Iran) music while the folks on the other side preferred Mariachi. In the background was the thump, thump, thump of something more modern. All of it loud of course. The fireworks were spectacular though and that was the highlight of the weekend.
Steve Dunkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 06:43 PM   #27

Trailer: 1973 Compact Jr
Oooh, Middle Eastern music? I like that!

Mariachi -- that's fun too!

However, in a setting like that I like only acoustic music played live and UNamplified.

If it ain't real, it ain't the deal.
Dana T is offline   Reply With Quote