I need your input and opinions, please. - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-01-2008, 10:19 PM   #21

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
You mean 'at the bathroom take a left...go through the dining room and then the kitchen...you'll se the bedroom...I'll meet you out on the back porch.' That tour?
MillerK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 12:16 PM   #22
Administrator

Trailer: Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Might I suggest that the bold is a typo. Don't you mean 2,000 lbs. (My 13' with out bath is 1500)
I think the key to John Mc's statement is the word "more."
Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 01:47 PM   #23

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
Quote:
I think the key to John Mc's statement is the word "more."
Now that I re-read it I believe you're right. (i.e. meaning more than ....)
Old 01-03-2008, 10:45 PM   #24

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Quote:
You mean 'at the bathroom take a left...go through the dining room and then the kitchen...you'll se the bedroom...I'll meet you out on the back porch.' That tour?
The good part is they can take the tour without even putting their feet in the trailer!

Have you looked at a non-dealer trailer? (I mean Casita, Scamp, etc.--those sold direct.) I'd recommend that you contact some owners and ask to see them to get a feel for the different makes and models. There are a number of us in your area who (I'm sure) would be glad to show you their egg and talk trailer. Or take a drive to lovely Quartzite in February (really, it's a nice little desert town!) and see a bunch in one place.

Marian
MarianA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 09:38 PM   #25

No the DW and I have yet to see one of the direct sale trailers in person. On Friday I drove out to Ontario for the Sportsmen's R.V. show with the express purpose of seeing an Oliver. That was a wasted drive as the show was cancelled because of the predicted storm. A little weather and everyone goes to pieces. Well at least it got me out of the house. DW had a good chuckle over the phone at my frustration. Somebody could have at least made a note on a website about the cancellation. She wasn't with me as she is in New York for FAE.

That is a mighty generous offer on you part. I think DW and would love to take you up on it, as outside of Oliver we would probably be leaning towards a Casita, either SD or Liberty 17'. As I can actually stand upright in those from what I've read. PM me if your offer stands. Or any other owners in this area that are feeling generous can feel free to PM me also. The main thing I need to figure out is if she and I will actually fit in the bed reasonably comfortably.

Quartzite would be fun to visit except for two things. 1) I'd feel a little weird being the only tent there, especially not knowing what kind of facilities are available and the fact that our tent is bigger than some of the eggs. 2)I'm hoping that the strike is over by then and I am so busy working that I won't have time enough to continue obsessing over my lack of a personal trailer because I will be dragging the big boys all over town. 10-4 good buddies.
Old 01-08-2008, 10:34 AM   #26

Trailer: Fleetwood
I am looking at the Oliver trailer that is displayed across the freeway from the Pilot station in Quartsite. It looks very nice but does anybody know about it?
lonlarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 08:31 PM   #27

Since you are/were there could you possibly give me an address or cross streets that I could enter into my mapping software? Is there anybody there displaying it? Owner? Factory rep? Any info would be appreciated. I'm going to go on another recon trip either tomorrow, Friday or Saturday. Thanks.

Old 01-11-2008, 08:10 PM   #28

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking

Quote:
Quartzite would be fun to visit except for ... 1) I'd feel a little weird being the only tent there, especially not knowing what kind of facilities are available and the fact that our tent is bigger than some of the eggs.
I think that you would certainly be welcome, no matter what you camp in. However, I understand that there are NO facilities at the site.
Old 01-11-2008, 08:29 PM   #29

The NO facilities is what killed it for me. I could get by for a couple of days on baby wipes and bucket baths, but I don't think I could sell my other half on that. Plus I'd be willing to bet that the BLM would not be appreciative of me just wandering into the surrounding desert with a shovel and a roll of TP. In these post 9/11 days they might even think I was burying bombs, and they would be right.

Maybe the DW and I will make a day trip out there when everyone from the forum is there. We'll see how tomorrow's expedition goes. I'd love to meet all of you, sooner rather than later, because I am still amazed, and appreciative of, how nice you all are. I bounded in here like a hyperactive Lab, and you've only swatted me on the nose twice.