I sure hope this isn't a sign about my hopes for all electric....this chick is sad - Page 5 - Fiberglass RV

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat

Old 01-23-2016, 09:27 PM   #57
Name: Glenn
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B '08 RAV4 SPORT V6
British Columbia
And, being a long-time smoker, he couldn't smell the gas.

What happens to the hole when the cheese is gone?
- Bertolt Brecht
Glenn Baglo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 04:58 AM   #58
Name: Carl
Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Somewhere in the Lower 48
I sure hope this isn't a sign about my hopes for all electric....this chick i...

Guy was very lucky to survive.

CPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 05:56 AM   #59
Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 Std
Great story, Dale! Got a belly laugh out of that one!

I have a strong suspicion that many more RVs (and homes) are destroyed by electrical fires than gas explosions, but the later are more dramatic. When I was a kid a house in a new subdivision two blocks away exploded in the early hours of the morning, killing both occupants. The cause was eventually determined to be a new type of natural gas supply line that was later banned and became the subject of litigation. But the memory of that lingered for years in my mind. It was a long time before I was comfortable with any kind of gas in my home.

In the end, though, I don't understand why we keep beating this dead horse. The OP wants all-electric, she understands the ramifications, and it's available. She should do what works for her.
Jon in AZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 06:09 PM   #60
Name: Crystal
Trailer: 2008 Fun FinderX 160, wanted Eggcamper all electric
Thanks Jon and yes I have read and researched and I think it'll work fine for me. As for gas tank converter for my 2000i I have not done that but I haven't ran for more than 6 or so hours.....if I did order an escape it would be after selling the sticky I have and yes I'd pay in full or 50%, at that point I'd not change my mind but again I am leaning toward egg camper again right now due to the timeframe.
I work for a power company that deals with gas and electric, I hear stories, locally we had a pipe that blew out of the ground, thankfully no one was around to light a match but the pressure from the busted pipeline sounded like a train coming down the tracks. We all have our phobias .....I don't care for deep water either, so I don't take cruises, some people don't fly on planes, some are afraid of animals (as I caught a chipmunk yesterday with a Rubbermaid tote at my church hall!)....I think I gave enough examples I was at my husbands Xmas party yesterday and sounds like a group of ladies get together camping at the one ladies house with their campers. They all have power hookup, she made it clear she was equipped to handle everyone's trailer plugs, there were a couple ladies who said they'll have the hubby bring the 5th wheel and then make them leave, I love the thought that again I can do this on my own .....now whether I want to hang with his coworkers without him lol

4x4LDY is offline   Reply With Quote