I think I'm jinxed... - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-05-2007, 05:21 PM   #1

Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970
Registry
First trip, to Mountain Ranch, my dog Merlin had two seizures and we turned around and went home. So I've been planning this weekend to go up Friday night to Sacramento area for an agility trial, just overnight. What happens?

First, I pick up a new CorgiX rescue dog on Wednesday, but managed to get someone to feed her Friday night.

Thursday morning Merlin has another seizure. Vet put him back on antibiotics since this one came soon after he finished the first course.

Friday 2am Jack has a seizure (he is epileptic, pretty sure this was just coincidence.)

Friday I wake up with a stiff and sore lower back. Not really bad- I've had my back go out like on TV where I cant move- but just not great.

So now the plan is to drive up to the trial, trailerless, in the morning, provided nobody has any more seizures nad my back is better instead of worse.

Bobbie
Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 05:41 PM   #2

Trailer: 2003 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Send a message via AIM to Robert Brummett Send a message via MSN to Robert Brummett Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Brummett
Bad luck, sorry. Hope things go smoother from here! Give the pupz a pat, too.
Robert Brummett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 06:02 PM   #3

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
You know, it will be harder on your back to make a round trip than it will be to hitch up and stay and rest for the night.

Words of wisdom from a driving long distance fool here.. a little discomfort now saves DAYS of discomfort recovering from being in the seat for long periods of time at a stretch.
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 06:10 PM   #4

Registry
Quote:
You know, it will be harder on your back to make a round trip than it will be to hitch up and stay and rest for the night.

Words of wisdom from a driving long distance fool here.. a little discomfort now saves DAYS of discomfort recovering from being in the seat for long periods of time at a stretch.
I thought about that, but I'm more concerned with waking up tomorrow unable to move- and being in the trailer 3 hrs from home. Driving does not normally bother my back. I think it was kneeling at the tub washing the rescue girl that did me in.

Bobbie
Old 10-06-2007, 08:24 PM   #5

Trailer: 1987 13 ft Casita
I heard today that to help a dog with epilepsy and keep the seizures under control, feed a 1" square piece of yellow cheese twice a day. It has something to do with melatonin. Not only will it be a good treat, it can't hurt. If it works, even better!

Paula
Paula Bindrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 09:24 PM   #6

Registry
Quote:
I heard today that to help a dog with epilepsy and keep the seizures under control, feed a 1" square piece of yellow cheese twice a day. It has something to do with melatonin. Not only will it be a good treat, it can't hurt. If it works, even better!

Paula
Well, he'd like the cheese.. They both would.

We drove up and back, and my back held up, actually better by day's end. Jack did very well. Merlin did well in one run but was slow and goofy in the others. Long day... towards the end I was sure wishing my little trailer was parked there and we were staying over. In two weeks we will be there for both Friday and Saturday nights.

Bobbie
Old 10-11-2007, 06:49 AM   #7
Suz

Trailer: 1989 Casita Spirit Deluxe
Registry
Bobbie,

Sorry for the bad timing on everything. As one who lives/loves a dog with grand mal seizures, I know how they can throw you off. As for the cheese, not so sure that is a good idea. Check with your vet first.

Best wishes on your next trials.
Suz is offline   Reply With Quote