I think I may have spotted one - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-18-2005, 08:27 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
OK...I see orangatan man Charles W. has been inquiring about pets, professions, backyards.....I still can't get the <+%& digital camera to work, perhaps because I let some of the NOCHILDLEFTBEHINDKIDS use it at work OR , one of my three special ed japanese chin dogs knocked it off it's cradle in search of gosh knows what....! OR, I'm not doing something correctly. My charming backyard, however, with "Square Pegg" sittin' pretty in the driveway is a sight to behold. I really do have to cart her to her winter home this weekend. The inch layer of snow on her last night pained me. But I did sleep in her last weekend as did the dogs. Without a heater. And with her cap UP.. until a wonderful rain woke us up. In seconds all was secured. My hats off to the designers of these gems. I cooked Polish Kiebasi in lieu of christening her with champaigne last weekend. On her stove, of course.

So now for the weirdness...and to be frank, I don't think many of you are phased by weirdness...so let's call this IRONY.

One half mile from me is an independent transmission repair shop. Men in greasey overhauls always seem to be talking or working on the 2 lifts they have as I drive by. There are alot of vehicles crammed into an adjoining yard. For over a year now, I have noticed the profile of some kind of RV...I always presumed it was a kind of small Riatta....with a cab and drivetrain. It is really nestled in and half of it, the hitch part, you can't see from the road. I was perusing the albums just today and, perhaps this baby is a Quantum 5th wheel. The AC on top is distinctive. The vehicle is definitely plexiglass.

Not to be greedy....my little Cadet works for me, the dogs, the Odyssey...with enought storage space for 3 other people and tent camping equipment.

But I'm thinking...a fifth wheel accompanying rig would make a potential cross country entourage MAGNIFIQUE! I could cajole one of my brothers to sell me his Chevy S10. Maybe. Which brings me to another question: if you look at the pictures in the Quantum Album, there is an outdors BBQ grill that suggests the 5th wheel hitch is fairly low to the ground. Larger vehicles like Avalanches and Rams are high! I Have seen Ford Explorers that have (I don't know the term) two row seating and a truck bed. Would this vehicle work? (8 cylinder, of course...my hang-up over mts.)

Now, I know many of you will advise me to go slow. But....I'd like to go with my neighbors and 2 of their kids.... my neighborhood is gettin' funky. I say get 'em out and engaged ESPECIALLY IN THE NON SCHOOL TIMES. The kids are getting older. AS AM I.

I will go poking around tomorrow. This could be a wild goose chase..so what...I'm already looking at routes to the west coast. Teacher at heart, I'd like to drag some young'ns along.

C'mon, Quantum experts...throw a little light on the subject..those tandem axles...how cool ...I could comfortably turn that driving responsibility over to my neighbor.
Diane
PS
Where the heck is that camera? If I can't get it to work by Sunday...I"M GIVING UP. C' est la vie.
diane kastelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 08:56 PM   #2

Trailer: Fiber Stream 16 ft 1982
Send a message via Yahoo to Benita
FWIW, Harold Dean, one of our member Quantum owners tows his with a Ford Ranger. I doubt it is much lower than the Ford Explorer Spprt Trac.
Benita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 08:57 PM   #3

Trailer: Fiber Stream 16 ft 1982
Send a message via Yahoo to Benita
How do you keep lucking up on the rarest FGRV jewels. Does your talent extend to the lottery? Stock Market? Sports Betting?
Benita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 10:17 PM   #4

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
How do you keep lucking up on the rarest FGRV jewels. Does your talent extend to the lottery? Stock Market? Sports Betting?
Although I KNOW I am a lucky person...my assumption about the 5th wheel Quantum .5 miles from me was incorrect. It is, however a very COOL looking vehicle. It has its own drive source..which makes it a class B? C? D? I have been out of touch for three weeks. I had arthroscopic knee surgery. I think the surgical team did a fine job...but I just had to get back to work FAST and I am walking funny. I'm going to pester those PT's tomorrow. For all of the reassurances of having a kick-%^& health insurance policy....you really have to be (annoyingly) aggressive to get your needs met.
In the meantime, poor Square Pegg is sitting in my driveaway. She looks beautiful with an accumulated 6 inches of snow on her. During my "recovery?" I became fascinated with a local winter camping cable show. Forget Food Network. Vicodin makes you want to fast for the rest of your life. Ask me how to dry out wet winter attire!!!!

Benita, as far as your specific questions....I get pretty lucky on those scratch lottery cards...they make a nice addition to birthday cards for friends. I forego ALL sports betting at work. Not my thing. My mother laments to my siblings(I have 5...lucky me) that if I focused the energies I have for my adopted Japanese Chin Dogs and my Trailer enthusiasm...I would be a good candidate for stock market success. HAH!.....She cracks me up.

I am undaunted...I want to be at the Oregon Fest...but the more the merrier. I'm still looking for additional travel accommodations.
Diane
diane kastelic is offline   Reply With Quote