I think I've found my EGG!! - Fiberglass RV


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-15-2012, 12:23 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
nikljones's Avatar
 
Name: Nick
Trailer: 2012 Lance 1885
Oregon
Posts: 151
I think I've found my EGG!!

I'm beginning to think this RV business is way to complicated. I've gone from wanting a big FW to a Egg to a reg. TT and now I'm back to an EGG.

Last year when I was so actively looking I summarily threw quite a few off my list to consider. What I was left with at that time was a Scamp 19' FW or possible the Lil Snoozy. Then this year I return from the Philippines and the Lance gets thrown into the mix and the Scamp was off. Why was the Scamp off the list? Because I didn't think it would work with my truck and the sidewalls being as high as they are.

Well guess what. I still really want that Scamp FW and so I called today to just inquire about the side rail. No sweat I was told. We'll lift the trailer and you'll be fine. I asked if I would need to go with 14" wheels and Jim up there told me no. Not needed.

So Happy Day's are here, my first love and now back on the list is a Scamp 19' FW. I'm actually going to drive up to Backus, MN next week and look them over (they have plenty ready to go, fully loaded). If I still like and I can work out the details for finance and pickup then that's the way I'm going.

I'm thrilled and do so hope this is the final chapter in looking and I can get on with buying and camping. Hey if it works out I'll sure try to make the NW NOG campout in May I think it is.

Ok, now I need to go out and start planning what I need to actually use it for camping. I have nothing so that should be fun. Anybody have lists or suggestions don't be bashful. Just send them my way or point to a thread here that has all that good info.

Later folks.

Nick
__________________

__________________
nikljones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 01:07 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Name: Roger
Trailer: U Hall VT
Michigan
Posts: 394
Registry
Smile

Well alright, that sounds wounderful, good luck.
__________________

__________________
Roger Kimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 02:03 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Name: Ken
Trailer: No Trailer Yet
US
Posts: 1,564
What model truck do you have? Sure sounds good.
__________________
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 02:05 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
nikljones's Avatar
 
Name: Nick
Trailer: 2012 Lance 1885
Oregon
Posts: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken C View Post
What model truck do you have? Sure sounds good.
I have a 2011 GMC Sierra 1500 4x4. Thus the need for the lift. I'm pretty excited right now. Hopefully more so after my visit next week.
__________________
nikljones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 02:24 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Donna D.'s Avatar
 
Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Posts: 24,432
good for you Nick! and you'll be sure to post pictures won't you...

BTW: the Spring NOG here in Oregon is the last weekend of April.
__________________
Donna D.
Ten Forward - 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Double Yolk - 1988 16' Scamp Deluxe
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 02:29 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
nikljones's Avatar
 
Name: Nick
Trailer: 2012 Lance 1885
Oregon
Posts: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
good for you Nick! and you'll be sure to post pictures won't you...

BTW: the Spring NOG here in Oregon is the last weekend of April.
Thanks.

Oh that's right on the NOG. Might be tight then. Depends on when I can pick up the trailer if I decide to go that route though they did tell me they have fully loaded in stock ready for delivery. Otherwise end of April if have one built. We'll see.

And of course I'll post pictures. Proud papa showing off his new baby. Yeah!

Nick
__________________
nikljones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 02:42 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Name: Bill
Trailer: Lil Snoozy / Jeep Cherokee
Pennsylvania
Posts: 253
Registry
Happy camping & safe travels west
__________________
Bill in Pittsburgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 03:25 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
theresa p's Avatar
 
Name: theresa
Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
New Brunswick
Posts: 1,382
Registry
you have made a choice that works for you...and i wish you nothing but happiness.
__________________
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 04:55 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Mike Magee's Avatar
 
Name: Michael
Trailer: Li'l Hauley
Oklahoma
Posts: 5,142
Nick, can you think of a good reason to avoid 14" wheels? I like 14s for the added carrying capacity. With 13s many of these trailers, once loaded, are right on the edge of the tires' capacity. 14s give some extra breathing room and IMO they therefore have a somewhat reduced chance of blowing out. If they lift the trailer, there should be plenty of room under there for larger wheels. Just my 2 cents.

And yes, my trailer has 14" wheels!
__________________
How much time do we have left? 2 Chr. 7:14
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 05:29 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
nikljones's Avatar
 
Name: Nick
Trailer: 2012 Lance 1885
Oregon
Posts: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Magee View Post
Nick, can you think of a good reason to avoid 14" wheels? I like 14s for the added carrying capacity. With 13s many of these trailers, once loaded, are right on the edge of the tires' capacity. 14s give some extra breathing room and IMO they therefore have a somewhat reduced chance of blowing out. If they lift the trailer, there should be plenty of room under there for larger wheels. Just my 2 cents.

And yes, my trailer has 14" wheels!
No actually there is no good reason not to go with 14" wheels and I will do that. In fact I chatted with someone else from Scamp and they recommended the 14" wheels. And I appreciate your 2 cents worth. It's actually worth much more than that. Thanks.
__________________
nikljones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 05:44 PM   #11
Junior Member
 
Name: Warren
Trailer: scamp 13' shopper
Vermont
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikljones View Post
I'm beginning to think this RV business is way to complicated. I've gone from wanting a big FW to a Egg to a reg. TT and now I'm back to an EGG.

Last year when I was so actively looking I summarily threw quite a few off my list to consider. What I was left with at that time was a Scamp 19' FW or possible the Lil Snoozy. Then this year I return from the Philippines and the Lance gets thrown into the mix and the Scamp was off. Why was the Scamp off the list? Because I didn't think it would work with my truck and the sidewalls being as high as they are.

Well guess what. I still really want that Scamp FW and so I called today to just inquire about the side rail. No sweat I was told. We'll lift the trailer and you'll be fine. I asked if I would need to go with 14" wheels and Jim up there told me no. Not needed.

So Happy Day's are here, my first love and now back on the list is a Scamp 19' FW. I'm actually going to drive up to Backus, MN next week and look them over (they have plenty ready to go, fully loaded). If I still like and I can work out the details for finance and pickup then that's the way I'm going.

I'm thrilled and do so hope this is the final chapter in looking and I can get on with buying and camping. Hey if it works out I'll sure try to make the NW NOG campout in May I think it is.

Ok, now I need to go out and start planning what I need to actually use it for camping. I have nothing so that should be fun. Anybody have lists or suggestions don't be bashful. Just send them my way or point to a thread here that has all that good info.

Later folks.

Nick
Hi Nick, congrats on the scamp. I bought the 13' and drove up last week to pick it up. I ended up financing it with first Internet bank.
Best of luck with it.
__________________

__________________
Warren Shumway is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Building Models Steve Hilby Hobbies & Passions 19 06-25-2014 08:59 PM
Help with looking at models John H.. Care and Feeding of Molded Fiberglass Trailers 21 04-09-2009 09:27 PM
New accessories for 2006 models Gina D. General Chat 10 03-04-2006 02:00 AM
What changes would you want in Scamp's newest models? John McMillin General Chat 17 01-28-2006 11:44 PM
Fiberglass models General Chat 0 12-31-1969 07:00 PM

» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.
» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.