I toured an interesting RV today - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 12-09-2005, 07:46 PM   #15
Trailer: 2007 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
My Strat is a 1999. Not very old. I also play Guilds and Martins. Another view with beard and a Martin 00-28VS.

Gary Lynch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 08:33 PM   #16
Name: Gina D.
Trailer: '77 Leocraft 17 & Former Burro owner and fan!
West Coast USA
Does an air guitar count?
As long as it's tuned!

Kurt, I do not know the air date. I will let you know when I do!

Yes, he did seem really interested in the Scamps or Casitas. He asked all kinds of questions about the basic construction of the shell, what they had in them etc. We'll see!

Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 10:06 PM   #17
Trailer: 2000 19 ft (formerly 17 ft) Casita Freedom Deluxe ('Nuestra Casita') / 2000 4WD V8 Tundra
Send a message via Yahoo to Kurt & Ann K.
Once in a while a real rewarding day happens, makes up for all the "other" kind. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Kurt & Ann K.
Kurt & Ann K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 11:30 PM   #18
Trailer: 1985 U-Haul 13 ft ('Toad Hall')
Gina, Looking forward to watching the show. My wife Leslie has an American Series Stratocaster Hardtail with a Seymour Duncan humbucker. I think it was made in 2001. She uses a Frontman 25R amplifier. She also has some Boss Keeley modded pedals, two Go guitars out of San Diego, an Alesis drum machine which plugs into the amp, and a RCWE acoustic/electric classical slim guitar made by Cordoba. The Strat is her favorite. She has small hands and the C neck really fits her small hands. I used to live in Corona, and know right where you guys are. Small world huh? Really miss in-and-out burger. I sure am a lucky man to have my own guitar star in the house with me. Let us know when the show is on. Best Regards, Jim
Click image for larger version

Name:	strat2.JPG
Views:	49
Size:	142.6 KB
ID:	585
Jim C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 02:30 AM   #19
Name: Ron
Trailer: 2007 Bigfoot 25' Rear Queen
But, but Gina...I thought Taylor was America's premier guitar??? Also a fine SoCal manufacturer. I have a 314CE AE w/Marshall amp. Can't play it yet but it's nice to look at.
Ron N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 12:57 PM   #20
Name: Gina D.
Trailer: '77 Leocraft 17 & Former Burro owner and fan!
West Coast USA
Jim, sounds like your house is a rockin'! I know the importance of the C neck. I have been trying to convince Fender for years that woman have different needs than men and sometimes, a standard model just doesn't fit right. Have her look at a Bonnie Rait signature model if she can find one. (We don't make it anymore) Bonnie did and excellent job of conveying what we need and it is the most comfortable fit I have ever felt in a Strat.

And my two favorite things about So. Cal are In-N-out and legal U turns. We have probably moved since you lived here.. we are no longer spread out on Lincoln and the 91. We gots us a REAL building now. Woo Hoo!

Ron, Taylor makes a beautiful instrument, as does Martin for acoustics. This was about solid body electrics, something niether of them do. A Strat is it, Baby!

Keep an eye out for Tacoma as well. It's conviniently located in... Tacoma :-P Too bad I don't do guitars.. we own them too and I woulda been outta here to work there in 2 flat seconds!
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 06:44 PM   #21
Name: John
Trailer: 1985 Scamp 16, 2013 VW Tiguan SEL
Back to the original topic, I've always half expected to see Scamp or Casita show up on Ratzenberger's travelogues. They would make an ideal subject for several reasons. They're rare, but at the same time slightly familiar. Iconic, I'd call them. Even the generic trailer icon on local road signs directing you to "Camping" looks like nothing so much as a 16-foot Egg. They're an long-running & enduring product, like Fender guitars.

Eggs are charismatic. My travel times this summer were slightly lengthened by the conversations that struck up at the gas pumps. Typically, folks say, "I remember those... do they still make 'em?" They're evidently attracting a new wave of interest due to high gas prices (remember my recent post that found questions about Scamps, Casitas, etc. making up 10 of the first 25 threads on a "trailers" forum over at a big RV site, RVnet. And I can safely predict that a major RV magazine will be printing a Scamp-camping story next year, because I wrote it.)

And I don't know the truth myself, but I suppose there's an interesting family feud story to be told about how Scamp split into two competing companies. That ought to be enough material for ten or fifteen minutes of TV.

John McMillin is offline   Reply With Quote