I Want to Rent One! - Fiberglass RV


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-23-2008, 02:43 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Posts: 3
We're new to the whole trailer thing, so we'd like to dip our toes in the water before we dive in.
We'd like to rent a trailer for a trip from San Francisco Bay area to Seattle area around August 8-20.
This will be for just the two of us. We'd prefer a 16-17' trailer, but we're towing with a Honda Odyssey, so we'd also like advice on whether that is a sensible thing to do.

If you have a trailer you'd like to rent, please contact me and let me know where and how much. If you just have advice, I'd appreciate that too.
Thanks
Dan F
__________________

__________________
Dan F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 03:33 PM   #2
Member
 
Maggie S.'s Avatar
 
Name: Maggie
Trailer: 1990 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
California
Posts: 52
Quote:
If you just have advice, I'd appreciate that too.
I don't know where you could rent a Scamp or Casita in the SF Bay area but you can rent a T@B (another kind of small trailer) at www.hardtent.com. They charge $100 per day.

They could also give you a lot of advice on towing.

My husband and I also wanted to rent a Scamp before we bought one last year but we found one for sale on Craigslist last year and "jumped in with both feet". No regrets!

Maggie
__________________

__________________
Maggie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 04:08 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Greg A's Avatar
 
Name: Greg
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19
Arizona
Posts: 1,828
Dan,

This fella keeps popping up on Craigslist and he's over your way. They keep flagging his ad,
but he keeps putting it back in. He has been between $175 to $225 so you know his range.
Good luck.

2003 SCAMP FOR RENT (Woodland) $225
|||Today 4:09 PM|CA sacramento - scamp
2003 Scamp 13 ft.

This is the perfect trailer for large cars or small sport utility vehicles. It weighs 980 lbs. (much lighter than even most tent trailers). It has two bunk beds for the kids that will also make into a comfortable couch. Large dinette that makes into a bed. Sleeps up to four. It comes with one large deep cell battery that runs all of the lights and a propane tank for the two-burner stove along with a sink and fresh water, refrigerator and porta-potty. This is the perfect trailer for those who are tired of setting up the tent or just getting out of the cold when camping.

RENTAL RATES:
Rental fee of $225.00 for a 3-day weekend. (Minimum Rental).
$425.00 Weekly Rental Fee. Any additional nights will be $50.00 per night. Additional trailers and rates available.

INCLUDED IN RENTAL:
Hitch. One-hour trailer operation orientation. Fresh water hoses (including adaptors). All electrical hookups. Propane included for weekend trips. All you will need to supply is food, cloths and linens.

REQUIRED FOR RENTAL:
Proof of extended insurance from your insurance company. $200.00 down payment/reservation deposit to hold the trailer for your requested dates (which will be applied to the overall balance due of the rental). $300.00 damage deposit at the time of pickup, which will be returned to you once the trailer is returned in the same condition as it departed.

IF INTERESTED IN RENTING:

Please reply by e-mail or call Dan 530-219-2421
(Licensed and fully insured.)
__________________
Owner:
Fiberglass-RV-4Sale.com
Scamp Owners International
2015 Escape 19 & 1997 Scamp 19
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 09:07 PM   #4
Moderator
 
Frederick L. Simson's Avatar
 
Name: Frederick
Trailer: Fiber Stream
California
Posts: 8,151
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Unhappy

Quote:
If you have a trailer you'd like to rent, please contact me and let me know where and how much. If you just have advice, I'd appreciate that too.
Thanks
Dan F
Your best bet may be to use Greg's reference, even though it looks to be for a 13' trailer.
Private owners are less than enthusiastic about renting out their trailers, according to a prevoius discussion:
Would you Loan Out your Egg? Or Rent It?
Post from December, 2005
__________________
Frederick - The Scaleman
1978 Fiber Stream 16 named "Eggstasy" & 1971 Compact Jr. named "Boomerang"
Frederick L. Simson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 09:36 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Scott S.'s Avatar
 
Name: Scott
Trailer: 1975 Surfside TM14 (front kitchen)
Manitoba
Posts: 515
Registry
Send a message via MSN to Scott S. Send a message via Yahoo to Scott S.
there is a guy in Winnipeg that rents them. he has 14 of them from what I'm told (I'm sure I'll be corrected). anyway... he charges 50 a day with an upcharge if it's less than a week. gave me some great advise when I was first looking.
although the thought crossed my mind when a friend asked... I'm just not sure I would trust anyone but me with my baby. tough call!

Quote:
We're new to the whole trailer thing, so we'd like to dip our toes in the water before we dive in.
We'd like to rent a trailer for a trip from San Francisco Bay area to Seattle area around August 8-20.
This will be for just the two of us. We'd prefer a 16-17' trailer, but we're towing with a Honda Odyssey, so we'd also like advice on whether that is a sensible thing to do.

If you have a trailer you'd like to rent, please contact me and let me know where and how much. If you just have advice, I'd appreciate that too.
Thanks
Dan F
__________________
Scott S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 04:10 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
CarolnJim's Avatar
 
Trailer: 2002 17 ft Casita Liberty Deluxe
Posts: 901
Hello Dan

We think there is one thing you might want to know about. We tow with a 2004 Honda Odyssey and we tow a 17' Casita Liberty trailer. We love this combination.

The Odyssey is a front wheel drive vehicle. To tow our trailer we needed to have a Weight Distribution Hitch installed. We would not recommend renting the trailer unless you have a WDH unit on your Odyssey.

Just our thought for you for your safety.
__________________
CarolnJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 07:00 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Bill MacDermod's Avatar
 
Name: William
Trailer: 1999 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe ('Inn EggsIsle')
Florida
Posts: 611
We just bought a 05 Honda Ody and got it rigged for a 17' Casita. You can bank on spending between $900.00 to $1800.00 to get it ready to go depending on how much of it you do yourself. The Honda dealer wanted about $1340 for the trailer pkg installed with both power steering cooler and tranny cooler and that was for a 4 pin hookup so you have to upgrade that for a seven pin and a brake controller (this dealer does neither) I chose to order the parts and do most of it myself. I found most of the parts were cheaper online from ETrailer and they had free shipping if it was over $300.00, and it was. I went with the single bar wdh. If I was to do it over i think I would go with buying the tow bar fron Honda as it mounts a bit higher under the bumper cover and look a bit more streamlined, good luck
__________________
Love being Inneggsile
heading sloowly up the eastcoast to our next 2 month (Aug and Sept) camp hosting gig at Camden Hills State Park in Maine
Bill MacDermod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 11:53 PM   #8
Junior Member
 
Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Posts: 3
WOW!
Maggie, Frederick, Greg, Scott, Carol and Bill - I got a wealth of insight from your replies and the links you sent. I also got some offline connections. This site is great!
Thank you!
Dan
__________________
Dan F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 11:06 PM   #9
Junior Member
 
Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Posts: 5
Quote:
there is a guy in Winnipeg that rents them. he has 14 of them from what I'm told (I'm sure I'll be corrected). anyway... he charges 50 a day with an upcharge if it's less than a week. gave me some great advise when I was first looking.
although the thought crossed my mind when a friend asked... I'm just not sure I would trust anyone but me with my baby. tough call!
Scott,

Were from Winnipeg and would like to get the name and phone number or email address for the person who rents trailers. We are currently looking to buy a newer used 14-16' Fun Finder, Cikra something similar, but not having alot of luck. In the mean time it would be nice to rent before the summer is over. Thanks
__________________
loralyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 11:20 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Bigfoot Mike's Avatar
 
Name: Mike
Trailer: Bigfoot 25 ft
Posts: 7,317
Quote:
Scott,
Were from Winnipeg and would like to get the name and phone number or email address for the person who rents trailers. We are currently looking to buy a newer used 14-16' Fun Finder, Cikra something similar, but not having alot of luck. In the mean time it would be nice to rent before the summer is over. Thanks
loralyn, This may not be the right site for you. This site is focused on “Molded Fiberglass Travel Trailers”. You will NOT find any of the trailers you mentioned on your list. I also believe the Fun Finder is way over your weight limit.
__________________
Bigfoot Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 09:57 AM   #11
Junior Member
 
Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Posts: 5
Quote:
loralyn, This may not be the right site for you. This site is focused on "Molded Fiberglass Travel Trailers". You will NOT find any of the trailers you mentioned on your list. I also believe the Fun Finder is way over your weight limit.

Thanks Mike for redirecting me. I've been searching for trailers and this site came up. Could you please tell me why you think the fun finder is wayover our weight limit? Our manual states that our F150 6 cylinder truck can safely pull a trailer with a dry weight up to 2300 lbs plus our gear.? Were new to our search, so we will gladly take all advice we can find.

Thanks
__________________
loralyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 10:25 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
Chester Taje's Avatar
 
Name: Ches
Trailer: 1992 Kustom Koach 17 FT
British Columbia
Posts: 4,897
What is your trucks tow rating according to the vehical manual?
__________________
Retired Underground Coal Miner.
Served in Canadian Army (1PPCLI)
Chester Taje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 10:31 AM   #13
Junior Member
 
Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Posts: 5
Quote:
What is your trucks tow rating according to the vehical manual?

Chester
The maximum trailer weight is 3400 lbs. "This includes the weight of the trailer plus the passengers and cargo weight". Thanks
__________________
loralyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 10:54 AM   #14
Senior Member
 
Chester Taje's Avatar
 
Name: Ches
Trailer: 1992 Kustom Koach 17 FT
British Columbia
Posts: 4,897
Quote:
Chester
The maximum trailer weight is 3400 lbs. "This includes the weight of the trailer plus the passengers and cargo weight". Thanks
With your loaded tow rating you can pull most Fiberglass trailers and a few of the smaller other types. I personally would make sure I have a safety margin. I know we can pull a lot more than what is stated but the controll and stopping/braking factor comes into play.
__________________

__________________
Retired Underground Coal Miner.
Served in Canadian Army (1PPCLI)
Chester Taje is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Casitas for rent? Cindy O Classified Archives 0 04-24-2010 06:57 PM
Do you want To RENT a Boler? james kent General Chat 2 02-19-2010 10:27 AM
Does Anyone Rent Eggs? Thomas G. General Chat 3 01-24-2010 10:31 PM
For Rent??? Roy in TO Classified Archives 9 05-01-2006 04:00 PM

» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.
» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.