I want to steal a dog! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-26-2009, 10:03 PM   #1

Trailer: 2005 16 ft Scamp
Now, just so you all know, I would DIE if someone stole my dog, she is my partner in my travels, but this guy doesn't deserve a loyal companion!

I have been here since Friday, and the motor home behind me, well, there has been a poor little dog (can tell it's little by it's bark) has been yipping day after day. From the time I get up in the morning until about 10:30pm and when the owner does "get home" he yells and yells at the poor little fella! "Shut up! Get Down! Stop! Get Away!" Poor little kid just waited and waited and when "he" gets home all he does is yell at it. Never have seen "him" take it for a walk or even let it out. It just yipps all day long waiting for "him" to get home, then he yells at it. Poor little guy/girl doggie! What to do? Well, the guy who signed me in here says it is a problem they know about and need to have a "talk" with the guy, I am afraid this little poochie kid is going to pay the price! What do I do? I want to steal it and give it a good, loving home, but I would probably be kicked out of Escapees, what do I do? Poor little pooch, needs a better owner for sure!
Monica M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 10:20 PM   #2

Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970
Registry
Why don't you offer to dog sit during the day for a couple of days? Maybe the guy will decide to let you have the dog, or at least you could then approach him about a better home for it.
Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 10:28 PM   #3

Quote:
Why don't you offer to dog sit during the day for a couple of days? Maybe the guy will decide to let you have the dog, or at least you could then approach him about a better home for it.
What a great idea! Then I will have permission to "steal" the poor little guy! LOL
Old 04-26-2009, 11:07 PM   #4

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Monica, maybe just tell him that you love to walk and would love another fur baby to walk with. How sad, hopefully he will allow you to show a little love to his fur baby. Good Luck! Robin
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 02:27 AM   #5

Trailer: 1994 Lite House
take it! i wouldn't hesitate to remove an abused animal from poor conditions. its a living creature. and with a group called the escapees you would think they would understand. taking someones animal that is happy and well cared for is totally different than saving an abused animal. i guess the real question is, will you be okay with yourself if you do nothing about the doggie? i hope you can help the little guy, good luck
curtis c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 05:08 PM   #6

Trailer: Boler 1984
Where, Oh where has my little dog gone?
Who would be so cruel as to steal my wifes fluffy.
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 05:12 PM   #7

Trailer: U-Haul CT13
Quote:
Now, just so you all know, I would DIE if someone stole my dog, she is my partner in my travels, but this guy doesn't deserve a loyal companion!

I have been here since Friday, and the motor home behind me, well, there has been a poor little dog (can tell it's little by it's bark) has been yipping day after day. From the time I get up in the morning until about 10:30pm and when the owner does "get home" he yells and yells at the poor little fella! "Shut up! Get Down! Stop! Get Away!" Poor little kid just waited and waited and when "he" gets home all he does is yell at it. Never have seen "him" take it for a walk or even let it out. It just yipps all day long waiting for "him" to get home, then he yells at it. Poor little guy/girl doggie! What to do? Well, the guy who signed me in here says it is a problem they know about and need to have a "talk" with the guy, I am afraid this little poochie kid is going to pay the price! What do I do? I want to steal it and give it a good, loving home, but I would probably be kicked out of Escapees, what do I do? Poor little pooch, needs a better owner for sure!
I've been involved in many dog rescues, and one thing I learned the hard way -- you cannot know everything about a dog & their person's situation just by observing it. A miserable, angry owner can have a long list of problems of their own . . . and while shouting at the dog and making it feel bad isn't good guardianship, it's also not the sort of cruelty that necessarily deserves such an extreme solution as theft. You can call animal control and they can talk to him. You can insist that park management talk to him. But, steal the dog before you know the whole story and you might regret it for a long time. I'd go with the ideas other's have suggested -- offer help first.
Julia O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 05:22 PM   #8

Quote:
I've been involved in many dog rescues, and one thing I learned the hard way -- you cannot know everything about a dog & their person's situation just by observing it. A miserable, angry owner can have a long list of problems of their own . . . and while shouting at the dog and making it feel bad isn't good guardianship, it's also not the sort of cruelty that necessarily deserves such an extreme solution as theft. You can call animal control and they can talk to him. You can insist that park management talk to him. But, steal the dog before you know the whole story and you might regret it for a long time. I'd go with the ideas other's have suggested -- offer help first.
Yeh, I know...and wanting to do something and actually doing it are two different things too. I wasn't here all day, out spending too much money on my set up, so I don't know if the park has talked to him or what, but I can't actually picture myself "stealing" a dog. I may (when the weather lets up, big, big storm rolling through) offer to walk and dog sit the pooch, maybe getting to know it's dad will help.
Old 04-27-2009, 05:25 PM   #9

Oh, also I was thinking maybe the doggy dad is one of those retirees that have HAD to return to work unexpectedly because of the stock market and is adjusting and didn't realize when he got the pooch that he would have to leave it for hours like that. I was just emotional last night when I heard it crying and crying and then him yelling and yelling, but must be open minded to the possible situation with doggy daddy too.
Old 04-27-2009, 09:47 PM   #10

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
Having personally been "Trapped" unexpectedly in a small rig with 3 canines, and a feline ta boot, under some pretty stressful times.. I can tell you that mine have been "yelled at" more than once.. even when they did not deserve it.

Do I feel bad about that? yes. But if someone from the outside heard it and jumped to the conclusion that I was being cruel to them and tried to "Do something about it".. they would have a lot more to worry about than hearing my yell of "shut up" every once in awhile.

It's hard on them as well as you.. and sometimes we just forget that. Not once tho, has it ever crossed my mind that I would/could be without them and my life would be oh so much better and easier. We have all adjusted.. and life goes on in a different fashion.

I agree, ask if you can help first.
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 10:42 PM   #11

Quote:
Having personally been "Trapped" unexpectedly in a small rig with 3 canines, and a feline ta boot, under some pretty stressful times.. I can tell you that mine have been "yelled at" more than once.. even when they did not deserve it.

Do I feel bad about that? yes. But if someone from the outside heard it and jumped to the conclusion that I was being cruel to them and tried to "Do something about it".. they would have a lot more to worry about than hearing my yell of "shut up" every once in awhile.

It's hard on them as well as you.. and sometimes we just forget that. Not once tho, has it ever crossed my mind that I would/could be without them and my life would be oh so much better and easier. We have all adjusted.. and life goes on in a different fashion.

I agree, ask if you can help first.
Yeh, I know that circumstances can add to the "affect", so I really don't even want the park owners to "complain", there has to be a better way, like some said, offer to walk the doggie or doggie sit or something. I try on my worst days to understand that my Goof is feeling my stress as well and try and compensate, but not all have the patcients with all that is troubling them....in some ways I feel for the owner, I really don't think they got the little pooch thinking they were going to have to work, maybe it is an unforseen situation. I think I should offer assistance rather than judge right off the bat and see for myself. Like I said, emotions with the animal kingdom run high sometimes, but people matter too, I have been short with Goof on occasion and had to remember, my stress is not hers or her fault, but sometimes easy to forget, I do my best. The least I can do is expect the same from another pet owner...
Old 04-27-2009, 11:52 PM   #12

Trailer: 1981 Burro 13 ft
Maybe it's just a "new" situation for the pup to be left alone for any period of time and it just needs time to adjust.

Mr. owner may have been upset by all the little presents the little pup probably made for him!

LizP is offline   Reply With Quote