I Will Always Miss Our Oliver Elite II - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 01-21-2016, 01:41 PM   #15

Name: John
Trailer: 2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II 23' 6"
New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Magee View Post
She snores, she makes you trade away the trailer you like... and you stay with her. That's true love! (Some folks are fickle enough nowadays to dump the wife and keep the trailer.) Tell her you have extra hugs coming.
Mike , I am going to want more than a hug

Old 01-21-2016, 02:00 PM   #16

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Wall coverings????

I always enjoy the reason's for choosing a specific brand/model, sometimes quite humorous, like twin beds for snoring separation or wall covering discussions.

Though the kids have jokingly told me I snore on occasion, particularly on the couch when napping, Ginny has never mentioned I snore. Though I have lost a high percentage of my hair she never has mentioned my baldness. I've asked her why she has never mentioned my baldness. It turns out she sees me as a 16 year old, simply still in youthful love. Ginny lets the beauty overwhelm the ugly.

We've now had all kinds of wall coverings in our rigs and not one of them has effected our travels. Certainly everyone should select the trailer they find most accommodating, unfortunately it's a losing battle.

I have friends on their third '2 foot longer trailer', waiting for the next '2 foot longer trailer'. I measure trailers (and their owners) not by their length, wall coverings or the size of their beds but rather where they have been, how many miles on they have spent on the road.

I don't mean to criticize anyone, just providing a perspective. I loved every RV we had for where 'it' took us. The motorhome had a walk around queen bed, the Scamp a 44" wide bed, neither made a difference in the joys of 'our' travels.

Of course everyone's different. For us the joys of travel overwhelm all over factors.

Joyful travels to all..

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 02:31 PM   #17

Name: Rich & Linda
Trailer: Amerigo
Indiana
nice Norm
Old 01-21-2016, 02:47 PM   #18

Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Cole View Post
Will it work for my wife & two cats ? I hope but if I ever wake up to find that my wife left me for another and took the Airstream with her, I would have another Oliver on order as soon as I could get to the phone unless she took that also.
Thanks John for the giggle... those of us who have been in a relationships for years can relate well to your situation/problem.

While I am sure you will miss your old trailer greatly there is an old saying that fits this situation well. Love the one your with!!
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 03:10 PM   #19

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
Thanks John for the giggle... those of us who have been in a relationships for years can relate well to your situation/problem.

While I am sure you will miss your old trailer greatly there is an old saying that fits this situation well. Love the one your with!!
Hi Carol .. That's one of the things she said had endured in our relationship over the years, the ability to still make each other laugh.
Old 01-21-2016, 03:44 PM   #20

Name: Cindy
Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot Silver Cloud
Illinois
Registry
My hubby snores. Now, in fairness, so do I, but I believe only when I fall asleep against the reading pillow. Hubby can snore all night. While our Silver Cloud has single beds, he reports that it has a good-sized sleeping couch in the living room, so if he is "raising the roof" (hope no leaks!), I can retreat there.
I am having an h*** of a time uploading images here, so sorry. I think that the forum is either Windows-centric or needs to upgrade software. I use a Mac. And, the trailer is no longer featured on the rvoutletonline site, so I can't add a link. Oops, that is because it is purchased, us.

We will have the Silver Cloud at the Bardstown Bourbon rally, since we are rally leaders there. My ancestor had a still that became part of Jim Beam, and we are Maker's Mark ambassadors, so we visited there last summer and decided it was a great place for a rally.

CindyL
Old 01-21-2016, 04:00 PM   #21

Name: Glenn ( second 'n' is silent )
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B '08 RAV4 SPORT V6
British Columbia
Go here: Posting Photos - Escape Trailer Owners Community
for step by step pictorial instructions.
Instructions are the same for this forum.
Old 01-21-2016, 04:01 PM   #22

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyL View Post
My hubby snores. Now, in fairness, so do I, but I believe only when I fall asleep against the reading pillow. Hubby can snore all night. While our Silver Cloud has single beds, he reports that it has a good-sized sleeping couch in the living room, so if he is "raising the roof" (hope no leaks!), I can retreat there.
I am having an h*** of a time uploading images here, so sorry. I think that the forum is either Windows-centric or needs to upgrade software. I use a Mac. And, the trailer is no longer featured on the rvoutletonline site, so I can't add a link. Oops, that is because it is purchased, us.

We will have the Silver Cloud at the Bardstown Bourbon rally, since we are rally leaders there. My ancestor had a still that became part of Jim Beam, and we are Maker's Mark ambassadors, so we visited there last summer and decided it was a great place for a rally.

CindyL
Hi Cindy ... I can honestly say I am a quite sleeper, with my wife just the opposite . Another reason were a match(opposites attract)
except during the time I am reminding her she is keeping me awake. ... what I put up with for Love
Old 01-21-2016, 04:35 PM   #23

Illinois
Registry
Glenn, I teach technology at a university, but thank you for the link. I used to have no problem uploading images here, but I think that my upgrade to the latest Mac system software might be the problem, that it is not happily compatible with this forum software.

Wonderful comment, John. I love Airstreams. I hope you are happy with your camper. At least, if your Airstream and my new Bigfoot were driving down the same Interstate together, people would notice yours, not mine. Our new Silver Cloud may be fiberglass, but its size has now removed it from the "cute" category to a category of special to folks in the fiberglass world. I bet we don't have people offering to buy our camper anymore, unless they are members here .

CindyL
Old 01-21-2016, 04:43 PM   #24

Name: Glenn ( second 'n' is silent )
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B '08 RAV4 SPORT V6
British Columbia
I'm on a MacBook Air with OS X El Capitan 10.11.2 and I have no issues posting photos.
Attached Thumbnails
charly fire.jpg  
Old 01-21-2016, 07:31 PM   #25

Name: Cathy
Trailer: Escape 19' sold, 21' August 2015
POBox 1267, Denison, Texas
Yes, the previous attention was from people not into fiberglass. You will get plenty of attention now from those in the know in the fiberglass world with a Bigfoot being one of the very best. We'll notice you, Cindy!

[QUOTE=CindyL;567823

At least, if your Airstream and my new Bigfoot were driving down the same Interstate together, people would notice yours, not mine. Our new Silver Cloud may be fiberglass, but its size has now removed it from the "cute" category to a category of special to folks in the fiberglass world. I bet we don't have people offering to buy our camper anymore, unless they are members here .

CindyL[/QUOTE]
Old 01-21-2016, 08:23 PM   #26

Illinois
Registry
Anyone is welcome to flag us down to look. It would not be the first time .

Cindy
Old 01-21-2016, 08:30 PM   #27

Name: Cathy
Trailer: Escape 19' sold, 21' August 2015
POBox 1267, Denison, Texas
We'll show you our Escape when you pass through if you show us your Bigfoot!

By the way, I think the Escape owners may have spent a good amount of time in Bigfoots. They are each other's competition in the same area.
Old 01-21-2016, 08:57 PM   #28

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyL View Post
I bet we don't have people offering to buy our camper anymore, unless they are members here .

CindyL
There's only TWO fiberglass rigs that I would WILLINGLY sell Ten Forward to buy. One of them is the Silver Cloud! The other is a Scamp Moho Talk about opposite ends of the spectrum.

Lucky dogs you!

Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
oliver