I wonder how many 12 year old girls........... - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 07-14-2015, 12:03 PM   #15
Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1977, 1978 (2), 1300 - 1977, 1973, and a 1972
Tim, We, (parents) are yesterdays news. She will love you forever, but will be embarrassed by you in front of her "friends". Just be glad she is finding her way socially. I have one who struggles with that.

David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 12:15 PM   #16
Name: Sid
Trailer: Parkliner 2014 V6 Jeep Cherokee
"When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much he had learned in seven years."

Some attribute this quote to Mark Twain and others do not. All I know is there is a thread of truth to it.

Don't quit your daydream.
Sid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 12:44 PM   #17
Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 77 Scamp 13
Originally Posted by MRClaus View Post
Dad be nice they all grow up .
Yes they do, and eventually pick out your nursing home so it does not hurt to be on good terms.

Nice thing about kids in general when it comes to helping on a project, unlike a spouse they are more contented to just take directions and assist as requested. Spouses (male or female) tend to have more opinions based on reason and experience... or not. Either way their ideas and opinions must be taken into account.

Tough part is showing the left handed grandson how to use tools. Finally figured out I show him right handed he tries it right handed. Once that was worked out it went smoother.

Your daughter looks like she is having fun. More fun than my daughter did helping me clean push rods on a Ford straight 6 we rebuilt. But I do think she remembers it fondly. Now that the extremely messy part is behind her by 20 some years. <_<

RogerDat is offline   Reply With Quote