I work for the FBI - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-11-2007, 08:16 AM   #1

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Cool

Continuing Frederick's topic TV, or not TV... That is the Question..., Television, not Tow Vehicle Hollywood came knocking last week. Lakeshore Entertainment started filming "Untraceable" here in Portland. They selected our campus as a main source for shooting. So for 4-5 days we were entertained while they rearranged our buildings into FBI Headquarters.

They took down our board members pictures and added their own sign, we're now the Leslie A. Morrow Frederal Building

Click image for larger version

Name:	MorrowFedBldg_s.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	6767

They took down our great brochures in the third floor case and gave us cool guns to look at

Name:	Guns01_c.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	6768

For whatever reason, they changed our third floor to the fourth floor

Name:	3rdFloor_4thFloor01_c.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	6769

Shoot they even made our drinking fountains look better

Name:	CleanedUpDrinkingFountain_c.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	6770

Gotta wonder how much work got done when filming was going on?

Name:	2ndFloor.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	16.1 KB
ID:	6771

What a hoot! I've got a boatload of pictures...they really work hard to make a location appear to be something it's not...

Name:	GovtParking01_s.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	6772

This was the message we got from HR:
Thank you for your cooperation and patience as we became the temporary home for the FBI Cybernet Crimes Division. The movie, Untraceable, is scheduled to be released in late January 2008. The thriller follows FBI agent Jennifer Marsh (Diane Lane) as she races against time to track down a ruthless online predator. Colin Hanks will play Lane’s FBI partner, while Joseph Cross takes on the role of the film’s villain. Billy Burke plays the love interest of Lane’s character, and Mary Beth Hurt plays the mother of Lane’s character.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 08:30 AM   #2

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Dlx / 2001 Ford Ranger 4x4
Thats cool.. i hope it doesnt put everyone out of the way of their own work..!!!
Christi V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 08:41 AM   #3

Quote:
Thats cool.. i hope it doesnt put everyone out of the way of their own work..!!!
We wished! Most of the filming was in our lobby, in the third floor hallway..across both skybridges, in the front of the building and out in the parking lot.

I work on the second floor...sigh, wish they would have filmed there...we could have used some redecorating.

I'm not a movie go-er...so I didn't have a clue who Diane Lane and Colin Hanks were...

Name:	DL_CH.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	6773

Here's the sign that was prominently displayed that says, if they get a shot of us in any frame...the pic belongs to them! With over a thousand employees on the campus, it was easier than having everyone sign a release.

Name:	FilmingToday01_s.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	6774
Old 03-11-2007, 11:43 AM   #4

Trailer: Escape 17 ft 2006 / 2005 Honda Pilot
Registry
I work in downtown PDX - and over the years there have been several films shot in and around the Portland Building (just across the street). I can SO relate to the picture with everyone looking out the window. 1/2 my team spent their days looking out the windows.
Not much rearranging though - I think they wanted the recognizable Portland look.
Anne H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 12:18 PM   #5

This is the second time Hollywood has used our campus for filming. A couple of years ago, Tommy Lee Jones was here filming "The Hunted." They put a Tri-Met bus on top of our truck shops for some sort of action filming. I guess the movie turned out to be a dog, but really showcased Portland.

Quote:
Filming at these times will require a full closure of the Broadway Bridge and a street closure of Naito Parkway from NW 19th to NW Davis St. These closures are required to complete some of the stunt work they have scheduled. On February 17th, they will be using a helicopter during the day to complete their work. The helicopter will be taking off and landing
on top of the Smart Park Garage located at 22 NW Davis St. During their night work in March, they will not be using a helicopter or creating any loud special effects (such as gunfire or explosions).

Last, they are building a diner set in the parking lot of the Albers Mill building under the bridge at 1200 NW Naito Parkway. Construction will begin on February 14th and the diner will remain in place until about March 28th, 2007.
Explosions! Unlike The Hunted when those poor folks in N. Portland were kept awake all night with the booms going on by the University of Portland

Well, it broke the monotony for a while
Old 03-11-2007, 01:25 PM   #6

Trailer: Surfside TM14 1974
Registry
That's so cool!
We get a lot of films being made here in souther Alberta, too (Brokeback Mountain, that RV one with Robin Williams, etc.). So far, no celeb sightings for me...*sigh*
Ah well, as luck would have it, it would probably happen on a day I forgot to brush my teeth or do my hair!

- Miriam
Miriam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 02:31 PM   #7

Trailer: Y2K6 Bigfoot 25 ft (25B25RQ) & Y2K3 Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
So, was it fun being an agent of the Fan Belt Inspectors (FBI) for a couple of days?

Roger
Roger H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 03:50 PM   #8

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
My campus was the location of "The Untouchables" from years ago. Last summer, a sign said that if we heard gunshots, it was the filming of a documentary. And one night two years ago, I was leaving my night class with a student when someone blocked my way out the door. They were filming "Prison Break" right next to our campus and running the Chicago El back and forth to film it. I was tired and wanted to go home, but they would not let me pass. They turned an indescript alley door into the front of a bar. I had to watch one episode after that.

Cindy
Old 03-11-2007, 06:13 PM   #9

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking

[quote]Shoot they even made our drinking fountains look better

Attachment 6770

It's nice to know that they think federal office buildings need to look that good.
Old 03-12-2007, 01:03 AM   #10

Trailer: 1999 Scamp 16 ft ('The Pod')
Donna,

Do you get to keep the changes, i.e. drinking fountain surround, or do they put everything back the way it was?

Vivian
Vivian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 05:25 AM   #11

They did quite a bit of painting...we love the new colors...Flip this House

And when they took their signs down had to do some patching of the walls, so did some more painting there. They hung some fancy lights in the lobby from the suspended wood ceiling...unfortunatley they took those down.

But dang, took their guns

While they were here filming the two days outside, we had over an inch of rain...but that wasn't enough. They brought in big wind machines and hooked up a firehose to create more rain Shoulda got a picture! And bags and bags of dried oak leaves to spread everywhere....we don't have one oak tree in the parking lot....But they cleaned up after themselves...very good guests
Old 03-12-2007, 09:43 AM   #12

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
Quote:
Filming at these times will require a full closure of the Broadway Bridge
Rose festival prep??????
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 04:59 AM   #13

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: Boy...if they do all that to a building/grounds What do they do to an Actress/Actor???
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote