Ideas for mounting 19" flat monitor in 13' boler - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-15-2012, 11:36 AM   #1

Name: Tom
Trailer: Boler
Wa
Ideas for mounting 19" flat monitor in 13' boler

Any one have a flat tv/monitor in your 13' trailer? I'd like to see picture of how you mounted it or where you keep it. I'm thinking of mounting my 19" samsung to the wooden closet door . Any ideas? Thanks . Tom
Thintizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 11:39 AM   #2

Name: Greg
Trailer: 72 Boler American
Indiana
I have a new 19" flatscreen with built in DVD but I don't know where to put it either.
Greg H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 11:43 AM   #3

Wa
I'm thinking about a swivel mout in the closet door . Then run cords on the inside . Hopefully we will get some ideas from what other have done . Had any thoughts Greg?
Old 04-15-2012, 11:53 AM   #4

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thintizzy View Post
Any one have a flat tv/monitor in your 13' trailer? I'd like to see picture of how you mounted it or where you keep it. I'm thinking of mounting my 19" samsung to the wooden closet door . Any ideas? Thanks . Tom
This mount will take a 17" witout sticking outbut a 19" may not stick out any more than a doormount which would likely not be strong enough....
Attached Thumbnails
Pic015.JPG   DSCF0103.JPG  

DSCF0102.JPG  
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 11:56 AM   #5

Wa
nice. i like how the mount swings out . wonder if i can find a hinging mount retail .
Old 04-15-2012, 12:41 PM   #6

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
This topic has come up a number of times - lots of photos etc on an old thread here
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 02:26 PM   #7

Trailer: Bigfoot 19 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd View Post
This mount will take a 17" witout sticking outbut a 19" may not stick out any more than a doormount which would likely not be strong enough....
A TV is further down my list of things to buy (though fairly high up on my Husbands). But, if I did get one ... I'd like the idea of a larger, 19' set.

I really like Floyd's set up as it looks like the inside of my Bigfoot. There is a cabinet at the foot of my couch/bed that accesses the TV antenna (and power) outlet. The cabinet itself houses my microwave, so I'd have to figure out where best to put a DVD player.

I was thinking of swinging the TV 180 degrees so that it faces the dinette allowing us to watch sitting at the table. When alone, I could keep it against the cabinet and watch it in bed.

However, the "Original Owners" had an (small) TV/DVD mounted under the cabinet. I would consider purchasing an updated version of this if it could rotate between the gaucho couch and the dinette ... and I could adopt to a smaller screen.
Old 04-15-2012, 03:23 PM   #8

Name: Ana
Trailer: 1979 13' boler
New Hampshire
Registry
I just use the DVD on my computer. OR I bring my netbook and watch one of my downloaded movies. I don't watch much TV either way. I don't even have cable at home!
avfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 03:38 PM   #9

Trailer: 2001 13 ft Scamp / 1993 Jeep Cherokee
I built what I call my entertainment center. It's 2 tiered. The 19" TV on the top with the DVD player and satellite box on the bottom. I used "L" brackets to affix it to the window frames. I also used flat aluminum stock which I bent at the top and bottom. I then screwed the bottom foot to the cabinet under the mattress and the upper foot to the underside of the shelf.

I move the TV, DVD and sat box down onto the bed while in transit.

I have to say the remainder of my entertainment center, that would music, is a Sony undercounter AM/FM/CD player center under the overhead rear cabinet.
Attached Thumbnails
entertainment center #5.JPG  
2019 Ram Longhorn
Joy A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 03:37 PM   #10

Trailer: 74 Boler 13 ft / 97 Ford Aerostar
Registry
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thintizzy View Post
In our Boler, we mounted the TV to the wall under the kitchen cabinet, directly above the sink. It worked great and could be easily seen from the bed and the front couch-bed, although it might not work for you if you have the upright counter supports in place. Ours did not. We liked it so much that on our current Trillium we have it mounted in the same place using the same method.

Here is a link to pictures and an explanation of the mounting and wiring from May 2010, in post #4 of this thread:http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f56/reno-s-gone-wild-exterior-access-doors-42298.html

Good luck,
Rick G
Rick G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 06:22 AM   #11

Name: john
Trailer: scamp 13
Michigan
wife bought a new laptop just for the camper. we can play dvds ,cds and the like on it. it sits real nice on the cutting board over the sink. with a couple of those wedge shaped lounge pillows to lean back on we are totaly comfy .
john warren is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler