If you own 2 Burros, do you have a herd? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 01-29-2007, 09:16 AM   #15

Name: Gina D.
Trailer: '77 Leocraft 17 & Former Burro owner and fan!
West Coast USA
Registry
Roger, I already have a controller, and digging thru this wad of paperwork, I found the receipt from when he had his van wired and controller installed. So.. I am assuming one of the pins on the 6 pin is a brake line.

The Jeep has a 7 pin, so it's either a matter of adapting down, or just putting a 7 pin on the trailer with one open pin. Thats how my 13 is now.

It'll be a wiring adventure for sure. I don't remember seeing a break away switch.

Old 01-29-2007, 09:56 AM   #16

West Coast USA
Registry
Also, in reading through all this junk, it appears that this is the 20th anniversay edition.. in comparing to the last model posted on thier website.

I am not sure what makes it different than the 19th anniversary edition, but it sounds classy.

What I am pretty sure of, it'was delivered in Sept. of 99, so it no doubt was one of the last ones out the door.

It was originally ordered on my birthday Co-inky Dink?

I think not....

*insert Twilight Zone theme here*

Kurt, I was so excited and trying to be "cool" .. I don't recall, did you remember seeing a window over the sink? Seems to me there is a small one on that side, but it isn't in the literature or the order sheet. Maybe THATS the special edition?

I guess I should have taken pictures! Won't be able to see it in daylight again until next weekend. It's WAY at the top of the mountain, in the berg farthest away from everything and we are expecting snow this week. At 8000 feet, only the pros go up there.

Old 01-29-2007, 10:18 AM   #17

Trailer: Cadet 1985 / 2006 Element
Gina, Great Gobs of Dancin' Okra for you!
Old 01-29-2007, 10:20 AM   #18

Name: Per
Trailer: 2000 Burro 17 ft Widebody towed by Touareg TDI
Oregon
Registry
Wow, Gina, Congratulations! Looks to me like you really hit the jackpot! I'm so jealous! No, wait.....I already have one. Strike that.

On the other hand it doesn's sound quite like a "blank slate." The factory wrote plenty good stuff on it already, so maybe it's more like "gilding the lily?"

How about bringing it up here to Portland so we can both work on it together (I can see running out of things to modify and enhance on mine, say, about 11 years from now. The prospect terrifies me.)

This probably means that I'll have to take back all the nasty things I've been saying about you.

Does this mean that you'll have to change one end or the other into a "slide-in" to fit in your driveway?

(If you have the flat cabinet doors, changing them to wood will of course be easy. Ours are curved and would be a bear to reproduce in wood. The kitchen window was an option, which we have, and it is greatly appreciated. It can be left open for ventilation and only a hamster can get in through it to steal anything.)

Shouldn't we have an official celebration or something?
Old 01-29-2007, 10:38 AM   #19

West Coast USA
Registry
Quote:
This probably means that I'll have to take back all the nasty things I've been saying about you.
oh oh. DONNA! Full report!

Yes, these are the flat doors. I am happy about that! I will have to do some photoshop to decide the finish. I LOVE the maple in my 13, I will really miss that, but I also like the concept of knotty pine and a wainscot. That big blank wall at the entry that is the back of the shower/bath cries to be decorated somehow.

This thing even has some sort of special silverware drawer. I didn't actually see it, he has it in his garage, but will put it back in when I pick it up.
Old 01-29-2007, 11:09 AM   #20

Oregon
Registry
That big wall needs something. In our case we have so far put a few hooks for jackets, Bear Spray, and what not.

On ours, the "silverware drawer" was a tray under the wardrobe. A joke, and I hope yours is a different arrangement. There is room for a couple of small drawers about where they should be. See picture.

I agree, maple is my preferred wood for this one. As I modify ours I will replace the mahogany stuff made from leftovers with maple. Also, you'll love the drainboard space.
Attached Thumbnails
Kitchen_drawers_edited_1.jpg  
Old 01-29-2007, 12:07 PM   #21

Oregon
Registry
I do apologize for getting into the area of "unsolicited advice" and I hope you will forgive me: if your new baby has the original 13" wheels the load margins are frighteningly small to me. 14" wheels and comfortable margins on mine came from Les Schwab. I have all the details.
Old 01-29-2007, 02:09 PM   #22

Trailer: 2000 Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe ('Millenium Eggloo')
Congratulations Gina, are you sure you can adapt to all that space to spread out in? The poor Element is going to get lonely on weekends now!
Old 01-29-2007, 03:39 PM   #23

Name: Pete
Trailer: 17 ft 1986 Burro
Tennessee
Gina,
What were you thinking? You cannot fit that thing on your driveway! You should bring it immediately over to my house in Schaumburg, IL. Where it will fit in a very nice place.
Old 01-29-2007, 03:53 PM   #24

Name: Roger
Trailer: Y2K6 Born Free 32RQ on the Kodiak chassis, 1995 Coachmen 19' B-van and 1996 Precision 21' Sailboat
Iowa
Quote:
The kitchen window was an option, which we have, and it is greatly appreciated. It can be left open for ventilation and only a hamster can get in through it to steal anything.)
Per, did I mention I have a hamster I've trained to go through small open windows and go immediately and unlock the front door for me?

Roger
Old 01-29-2007, 04:10 PM   #25

Trailer: Scamp
Send a message via Yahoo to Pete Dumbleton
Jolly Good Show!!! Perseverence pays off! I'll bet you can almost pay it off by selling the little one!

I'd recommend larger wheels/tires, not only for the load capacity margin, but also to raise the Burro off the ground a bit for both clearance and also to reduce the 'air dam' effect underneath (which will more than offset the slightly raised upper profile).

Your six-way connector will have all the needed stuf:

1. Ground
2. Running
3. LTurn/Brakes
4. RTurn/Brakes
5. Battery charge
6. Brake activation

But won't have backup lights (a good thing to have for a single driver)

Break-away switch wiring is a piece of cake.

Have lots of fun spiffing this one up -- Maybe you will start to be like Roger, and collect eggs!
Old 01-29-2007, 04:21 PM   #26

Name: Linda
Trailer: Honey
California
Congratulations, Gina! It is so interesting to me what happens when we aren't really looking too hard. Enjoy the new burro!
Old 01-29-2007, 04:51 PM   #27

Trailer: Casita 17 ft 2004
Congrats Gina! I am so happy for you. What a great find!
Old 01-29-2007, 04:58 PM   #28

Name: Liz
Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler, 1987 & 1988 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
California
Registry
Bang, bang, yer dead! A double sink! A big bed! *sigh*

I'm so excited for you it's almost like I bought the thing!