Name: Frederick
Trailer: Fiber Stream
California
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking

Quote:
I am so jealous...
Have you ever noticed that it's the short people who get the trailers with all the headroom and large palatial stretch-out beds? Gina won't even have to duck at the door!

CONGRATULATIONS[b]!
I wonder what position flying monkeys carry you off in?

A 17 footer, eh? NO MORE [b]PTI FOR YOU!

Old 01-29-2007, 06:09 PM   #30

Trailer: 2000 19 ft (formerly 17 ft) Casita Freedom Deluxe ('Nuestra Casita') / 2000 4WD V8 Tundra
Send a message via Yahoo to Kurt & Ann K.
Gina,
Yup, you've got a kitchen window
Lizbeth, isn't it interesting how her excitement even carries over the internet? You'd have thought Gina was about 10 years old on Christmas before the gifts were unwrapped. Giving credit where credit is due, Gina, you worked hard at remaining "cool" during the walk-through.
I thought about the lack of a break-away switch this morning. !st Mod?
2nd Mod should be to eliminate the chains holding the water tanks in place before the links wear holes in the tanks (your welder friend can make lined straps and strips cut from vinyl baseboard material glued to the straps will last just about forever). I'll feel better when the tanks can be filled and the drain valves have been tested.
Probably the mods we appreciate most on "Nuestra Casita" are the Maxx-Aire cover for the Fantastic Fan and the Maxx-Aire window louvers. We have the older, less aerodynamic model on the fan, but love the idea that the vent can be left open despite the weather. With a window or two cracked, condensation is virtually eliminated.
In comparing our two bathrooms, I realize that yours doesn't have a window, but the fan cover allows some light, while ours is black.
I thought about checking for tire clearance to see if 14" would fit, but something interrupted my train of thought. I agree with Pete. Since tires have to be replaced, now would be the time to upgrade if they will fit. Since Ann was driving when we had a blow-out in Texas, I'm more aware of load capacity and tire pressures.
Your tail light lenses don't have back-up lights so you'll have to check the wiring diagram to see if a conductor is part of the loom. If not, it might be wise to add one when the new plug is installed.
I'm envious of the extra width inside, but enjoy the fact that my stock Tundra mirrors allow me to see down the sides of the Casita. The Burro floor plan reminds me of many motor home layouts...room enough to "swing a cat" as the saying goes.
Some other food for thought, sway control and load levellers? Not necessary with 13', but 17' is a lot different. They add another degree of safety kind of like what you experienced when you were able to use the trailer brakes on "The Shady Bush II".

Kurt & Ann K.

Old 01-29-2007, 06:49 PM   #31

Name: Brian
Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
Alberta
Sure, the six-way might have all of the required signals, but if something has to be re-wired (trailer or tug), I would consider what will be most generally useful, and I think that's a 7-way on the tug (although I depends on what you have and what you tow)... that means a 7-way on the trailer or a common 7-to-6 adapter.

If I were buying a new connector for the trailer (it sounds like it's needed), that makes 7-way an easy choice for the trailer, too. And the 6-way connector has smaller pins, less suitable for the potentially high current of the charge line, or (especially) the negative pin which carries the total of all of the currents on the other pins.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 09:23 PM   #32

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Bath
WOW - 3 Cheers for your new Burro, Gina!! What a terrific find, and just up the mountain, too. We were looking forward to seeing & learning about all your upgrades in the 13, but now we'll get to see this new one, eh? What fun you will have personalizing this one ... new name yet?
Take care & be careful on those snowy roads. L 'n D (still in search of warmth & sun ... d'ya think we're draggin' this rain around with us )
Old 01-29-2007, 10:10 PM   #33

Trailer: 1987 17 ft Burro

Burro owners unite!

Gina, you should have a small kitchen window. Seems our Burro is ALL windows. By the way, does anyone know if that tinted plexiglas keeps things from fading?

I can pull our Burro, straight and level with a Suburu Baja, but if you get in trouble, you're in a LOT of trouble. I tried to back UP our drivewayand nearly burnt up the clutch - or something that smoked and smelled. Our jeep pushed it out without a whimper Also, with the side windows out a bit, I can see along the sides of the Burro completely, just not behind.

Have fun. It seems Huge, doesn't it? Congratulations!!

As soon as I can figure outhow, I'll post interior pics.

Happy trails, Christi
Old 01-29-2007, 10:25 PM   #34

Name: Gina D.
Trailer: '77 Leocraft 17 & Former Burro owner and fan!
West Coast USA
Registry
Quote:
The poor Element is going to get lonely on weekends now!
No, it has a new home as of this evening. In another bazzar co-inky dink, I drove it today to take it to the car wash and the carwash owner asked if I wanted the inside done. I told him no, I was going to take it home and do that as I was planning on selling it and needed to move all the junk out. He bought it on the spot for my asking price. He tried to haggle but I didn't budge, and all of a sudden his brother is in it and we were on the way to the bank....he drove me home all the way up here, and now the Jeep and 13 footer can breath a little. I will really miss it, but with the new trailer, it has ceased to have it's main purpose towing the 13.. time to let it go.

I need a new prodigy tho, the guy was upset that I took it out, so I threw it in with the deal.

So, Jeep goes in to have the brake and charge lines run.. it already has a 7 pin but Jeep screwed up the harness! Long story.

It "Looks" like I can fit the trailer in the driveway parallel, but that remains to be seen.

Yes, it does seem HUGE.. it almost echos in there! LOL.

I have so much to do, lots of sudden changes!!!!! Get the Jeep tow worthy, get the new trailer on the road, and the old one ready to sell.

I will consider the new wheels. They have to come off and go to the tire store, I will measure to see if 14s will fit.

I am sure the bearings will need attention since it has been sitting so long.
Old 01-29-2007, 10:47 PM   #35

Name: Liz
Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler, 1987 & 1988 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
California
Registry
Whew! You've been a busy girl! Congrats on the easy sale of the Element.
Old 01-29-2007, 10:57 PM   #36

Name: Frederick
Trailer: Fiber Stream
California
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking

Quote:
Congrats on the easy sale of the Element.
Hmmmm.

Since you're no longer "in your Element" is it now...

"A Life
A [b]Liberty
and persuing happiness!"

Old 01-29-2007, 11:44 PM   #37

Trailer: Cadet 1985 / 2006 Element
Gina: With all the amazing co-inky dinks of late, I guess not included among them was buying a lottery ticket and winning $250 million.
Old 01-29-2007, 11:47 PM   #38

West Coast USA
Registry
oh, I had better do that tomorrow!
Old 01-30-2007, 01:58 PM   #39

Trailer: 13 ft Burro
Gina - Congratulations on the new Burro! I am so excited for you. Can't wait to see it!
Old 01-30-2007, 04:16 PM   #40

Name: Benita
Trailer: Fiber Stream 16 ft 1982
Georgia
Send a message via Yahoo to Benita
Yippee! A new adoptee. So, is this one going to have cherry red paint in its future? Or do you plan to leave it stock white?
Old 01-30-2007, 08:06 PM   #41

Name: Lorene
Trailer: 1993 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe (a true 'Dream House'!)
Georgia
Congratulations, Gina!

A 17' Burro! "Livin' Large"

Hope it brings you and the pups many miles of fun
Old 01-30-2007, 08:31 PM   #42

West Coast USA
Registry
Thx!

No, this one has good gel coat and should shine up nicely. The 13 had a wierd brownish color on it I never liked, so thats why the paint over.

I can't imagine anything this big in RED. It'll look like a fire truck being towed by an ant!