I'm saddened to report... - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-19-2013, 04:28 PM   #1

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
I'm saddened to report...

Not that this impacts anyone else but with selling those 6 trailers in past 4 years it was bound to happen. I received a phone call awhile earlier today, the owner's wife who purchased my 2012 Lance last May,2012 was calling about a fan question. I asked about her husband and she broke down. It seems he passed away not 6 months after purchasing the trailer. She still has the trailer and took it out twice this year, she feels that her husband wanted her to do this. I informed her of the good Fantastic Fan customer service and would try and find the contact info for her. I also told her of "Sisters on the Fly" group where she may find some solace. She seemed determined to go forward and I told her that was good to do.
These things make you stop and realize how precious our short time we have and that we should not harbor ill will or bad feelings for our fellow human or animal companions nor any other living thing. Thank you for reading this and may this make you stop and think about what was said.
Old 08-19-2013, 06:01 PM   #2

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita
Registry
that's good Jim
Old 08-19-2013, 06:07 PM   #3

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy #161 (SOLD)/2010 Tacoma
NE Oklahoma
Thanks Jim..............good words.
carlkeigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 06:44 PM   #4

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Jim, thank you for being there for her. While Sisters on the Fly is about classic trailers and fly fishing (no men allowed on SOF gatherings), she may find solace in a group like: RVing Women
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 07:10 PM   #5

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Scamp
Tell her to go for it. There are many of us who have lost their husbands and keep on traveling. It is good for our inner soul to get out there and drive to the next campsite. Adventuring is fun and with some precautions traveling along is very rewarding. Marg in NW California
Marg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 08:50 PM   #6

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Jim, I hope your friend continues to find a new life. And your so right that life is precious and the time we have here on our journeys is limited. We should enjoy who and what we can while we are here. I look at each encounter/experience as a learning lesson. And try to find the good in each. Not all are good, but looking for the good in all experiences is the place to start.
I just lost my husband a month ago, but my intentions all along since buying the Casita was for it to be the perfect fit for me to keep when he's gone and get out and enjoy camping still. I haven't gone out in it since his passing, but planning a trip next month and a 4 month trip next summer with some friends. Looping most of the western United States and ending up in MT for a extended stay. Looking forward to the trip. I hope your friend finds a group of women/people she enjoys camping with. Glad she wasn't apprehensive to continue to go. There are several solo's groups she may want to explore if that's her thing as well...
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 11:15 PM   #7

Name: Gage
Trailer: 13' Burro
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Jim, thank you for being there for her. While Sisters on the Fly is about classic trailers and fly fishing (no men allowed on SOF gatherings), she may find solace in a group like: RVing Women
Donna, don't mean to shoot you down but I'm pretty sure the chapter back East accepts any year trailer. It's also no longer Girls/Ladies only for all their get-togethers. It's called being politically correct. The gals that originally set up Sisters on the Fly have split off from SOTF because of the new guide lines set by the new pres.
gage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 03:23 AM   #8

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
Another great group is on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/groups/loyalglamper/ .
They are a very supportive group of women with a love of camping and making their campers pretty and fun. Best of all, they don't charge any membership fee. Its one of the most friendly and positive groups on the web (aside from us )
There's no negativity or crappy attitudes allowed. Very very nice group of people.
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 04:00 AM   #9

Name: Gage
Trailer: 13' Burro
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam Garlow View Post
Another great group is on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/groups/loyalglamper/ .
.................Its one of the most friendly and positive groups on the web (aside from us )
There's no negativity or crappy attitudes allowed. Very very nice group of people.
I know some of those gals and your right. They are friendly and love to go camping. But for the most part, they are here West of the Rockies.
gage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 04:32 AM   #10

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by gage View Post
I know some of those gals and your right. They are friendly and love to go camping. But for the most part, they are here West of the Rockies.
Gage, There are lots of us East of the Rockies also, LOOTG is countrywide. We are spreading across the USA and Canada just like happy little crickets.

There's a very active group in the Michigan/Ohio/Illinois/Wisconsin area. Glad to hear that you've met some of the lovely Glampers. If you're not a member of the group, feel free to join up. There are men that are members of LOOTG also.
Old 08-20-2013, 05:17 AM   #11

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
Life is the great unknown... we don't know how long we have so enjoy the hell out of it while you can. I lost my first love to brain cancer at 23...we figured we had forever...doesn't always work out that way

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 08:41 AM   #12
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
Carpe diem
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 10:50 AM   #13

Name: Linda
Trailer: '77 Scamp
California
Registry
Quote:
True we're spreading like wildfire, because they're just so darn much fun. You don't have to have a trailer at all. Some tent camp or camp in their cars. Vintage isn't a requirement. Many events don't involve fishing either. They're such a variety and many to pick from so you just get together with other ladies that like doing what you do.
Otters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 06:30 PM   #14

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Donna, don't mean to shoot you down but I'm pretty sure the chapter back East accepts any year trailer. It's also no longer Girls/Ladies only for all their get-togethers. It's called being politically correct. The gals that originally set up Sisters on the Fly have split off from SOTF because of the new guide lines set by the new pres.
You're right about the trailer, even tents are acceptable. And maybe about the East Coast... but on the next event happening here on the West Coast, there's this statement:

Unless otherwise stated All SOTF rules apply, no men, no pets, no children and Be Nice.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 06:49 PM   #15

Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970
Registry
This thread got me to wondering if there are any groups for RVing women specifically with dogs- or RVing people with dogs. We do a few corgi people campouts (both genders of people and dogs and kids and we are all nice) but I haven't heard of any all-breed groups- anyone know of one? (And a bunch of people camping at an agility trial don't count!)
Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 07:11 PM   #16

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy #161 (SOLD)/2010 Tacoma
NE Oklahoma
Is there an RV club for hermits?
carlkeigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 08:41 PM   #17

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
You're right about the trailer, even tents are acceptable. And maybe about the East Coast... but on the next event happening here on the West Coast, there's this statement:

Unless otherwise stated All SOTF rules apply, no men, no pets, no children and Be Nice.
...yep, that rule is kind of a bummer. I can see leaving a man home, but not my dog!!
Plus it costs you $60 a year....
Old 08-20-2013, 09:09 PM   #18

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Dump the man, keep the dog. Wow! I like dogs but I certainly like humans better.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote