Income Tax Refund - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-29-2003, 07:58 AM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Income Tax Refund

Wheee Doggies! That brown envelope we all hope for arrived in the mail yesterday. Aren't I lucky to have a Camping World within lunchtime driving distance.

I feel a 'useless camping gadget' urge coming on. Stand back! The economy will be showing a little blip upwards this week.

Legacy Posts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 08:17 AM   #2

income tax deductable?

Ah heck Steve
I thought that you were on to a way to claim your egg as a deduction. Darn and we have until midnight tomorrow to file too. Imagine - a claim for thousands of dollars.:lol
Our new Oxygen would be a lovely business (?) expense.
Fiddle.
Jean

Old 04-29-2003, 08:41 AM   #3

Refund

:conf Let's see, that's what I did every quarter last year: Refund to the IRS what they never paid me.:huh That's how it works, right?:shg

Old 04-29-2003, 10:56 AM   #4

no Kiddin' Steve(Jed)!

Ah yes-the eagle s***s. That's where my 1/2 price LCD TV and videocassette came from.

Spend, America- SPEND!

Old 04-29-2003, 01:53 PM   #5

Income tax refunds are, like the lottery, a tax on the mathematically challenged. Nothing good can come of lending your money to the government for a year. :o

My pappy used to say, "Be thankful we don't get all the government we pay for."

Old 04-29-2003, 02:05 PM   #6

Glad you got some spending money ... but Steve, I agree with Morgan.

The game is for you to keep your money in the bank and OWE the government on tax day ... not wait around for them to refund your own money back to you without interest.

That's why the govmint calls it a "refund."

Tell your accountant to sharpen his pencil so that you don't overpay your taxes!

It's your money. Take the necessary steps to keep it in your pockets!

Old 04-29-2003, 03:33 PM   #7

Found Money

I usually do a pretty good job coming out to about zero, or owing a little, but a year ago I had a bit of an unplanned health scare (my heart's a little more metallic than it used to be) and for the first time my medical expenses exceeded the standard. Thus the unplanned refund.

All this contributed to my decision to go the light weight trailer route.

Since I'm told only the good die young... I'm expecting to hang around a bit longer yet because I still think 53 is young.

Couldn't get to Camping World this lunch (I hate it when work gets in the way) so will try again tomorrow.

Old 04-29-2003, 04:00 PM   #8

>>medical expenses

Ok, Steve, you're forgiven! Go spend that money! It's yours (and it's nice the gubmint finally gave it back to you!

If you can't get to Camping World, take your wife out to dinner tonight!

Old 04-30-2003, 06:28 AM   #9

Heart to Heart talk

:wave Hi Steve. I don't know if you are now a member of the 'open heart club' but I had a quadruple bypass in January of 1993, bad heart attack in 1998 with Flight for life from Salida, Colorado to Denver, and a total of 6 stents put in over recent years. Believe it or not I feel pretty darn good now at almost 64. Life is just too short so go spend your money and enjoy all you can. That's why i'm getting the Casita next week and am real close to upgrading our Mini Van to a 1999 Tahoe I found. It's in great shape, fully loaded with everything and has 49000miles. At $17,500 I can't refuse it and can then REALLY enjoy towing the 17FD all over the mountains and country.

Congratulations on your successful procedures.

PS, I agree with Rush. If we all had to write a check to the 'Gubmint' for all the taxes we pay every payday, there would have been a tax revolt in the US a long time ago.

Keith