Indoor cooktop - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-07-2014, 08:38 PM   #21

Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Registry
It seems to me that there are two kinds of fiberglass trailer users- those who buy them to use, and those who buy them to sell.

I'm a member of the former camp- the only reason I bought my Trillium was to achieve some ease when camping. I expect it to provide me with shelter, warmth, and above all an indoor place to do all the "camping"-type things I used to do outside. That includes, of course, cooking.

I couldn't care less if the smell of the things I cook penetrate the trailer's wall linings/bedding- whatever. Let the next owner deal with that...as if I haven't already designated which of my heirs gets the trailer! They're well familiar with Grandma's cooking odors, and hopefully any that linger will only prove to be a fond reminder of the greasy messes I've served up- always gobbled down without complaint by the crowd.

What matters to me is that I can carry along all the facilities that I once had to unearth from my car, only now they're ready-to-use when/where ever I want to do so.

Now, THAT is worth something!
Francesca Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 08:45 PM   #22

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
I've got a three burner propane stove in the trailer and two of those one-burner butane stoves and a BBQ for outside.
I've got options.
Actually, no microwave or oven ( unless you mean the folding Coleman that sits on a burner ).
Glenn Baglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 01:54 PM   #23

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
There's a Playpac in the referrals postings with the following picture...
A STOVE IN A DRAWER! (A novel approach)
Attached Images

floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 01:55 PM   #24

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by john linck View Post
excellent! (but is it safe to use south of the 49th parallel?)
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 04:41 PM   #25

Name: Thom
Trailer: Chevy AWD Van Conversion
Astoria Oregon
Registry
hey, i resemble that remark...

We luv the simplicity of those butane stoves (ours is stainless steel single burner 12,000 btu output). Yes there are some limitations (they don't like temps below ~35ish or altitudes much more than ~10K). But i'd have to ask myself why i wasn't in nicer weather! and just move.

Yes we only use with plenty of ventilation and only when up and about. Yes all warnings are located/posted in my build thread. Please no flame wars (pun intended).

Also, it is a nice way to take the morning chill out of the inside by simply boiling a kettle of water for coffee/tea.

Our Parkliner kitchen in action if the outside weather is not conducive to cooking on the RocketStove:

After we are finished it just gets stowed in a cabinet below. We typically go through one canister (~$1.75 each) every four or so days.

Cheers,
Thom
Archive: Parkliner #35 build thread
accrete is offline   Reply With Quote