Infor on 18 ' trilliums weight? Production nbrs? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-28-2016, 08:06 PM   #1

Name: Dennis
Trailer: Escape and Boler
British Columbia
Infor on 18 ' trilliums weight? Production nbrs?

Hi,
Can anyone advise me where to look for ALL information on 18 foot Trilliums??
Want to know WHAT WAS PRODUCTION NBRS of these 18 footers? What years were they mfgered?
AND THE 'TRUE' WEIGHT (EMPTY) OF THESE 18 FOOT UNITS??
Thanks.
Dennis A
Lindenguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 02:12 PM   #2

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
I don't claim to be an expert on 5500's, but the Trillium serial number list goes up to number 144 on the 5500's:
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...tml#post592016
To me, that indicates that at least 144 of them were built. I don't think that they were built for very long. Perhaps 1980 to 1981, but this is mostly a guess.
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 04:00 PM   #3

Name: Clif
Trailer: 08 Weiscraft Little Joe 14 Subaru Outback 2.5i CVT
Louisiana
Registry
Go here:

http://lakeshoreimages.com/spreadsheets/Weight.xls

This originated as Trailer Weights in the Real World on this site. These are actual trailer weights as weighed on arrival at various rallies with the units packed for travel.

There is one 5500 listed.
Old 06-29-2016, 09:53 PM   #4

British Columbia
Thanks for reply - my VIN nbr is 55332015
How does this nbr relate to your comment 'up to 144'??
How does this 8 digit nbr breakdown?
The first two figures (55) relates to the model?
Then what is the 332015 mean?
Is it the last 3 digits that relate to the 'nbr produced'?? IE this one would be nbr '15'??
If you can supply any infor - please advise and Thanks.
Dennis
Old 06-29-2016, 10:00 PM   #5

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
I don't claim being a 5500 expert either, but I'd really like to!

The rumour goes that apparently only about 65 or so 5500 were ever built. True or not, I have no idea, but as David mentioned, the serial numbers list goes above 144 at least (mine is #104).
Also, it looks like the 5500 were built in from 1980 until Trillium closed, and I believe that happened in late '81 early 82. All the 5500 I've seen (in real or ads for sale) were 80 or 81. I've seen a couple listed as 83 but I don't think this is possible.

As for the weight, note that the 5500 was made in 2 versions: Deluxe and Standard. The Deluxe version had a hot water heater, shower, larger fridge, oven, and some other options (look up the brochure in the Document Center). This obviously made the Deluxe a heavier trailer. You can tell if it's a Deluxe by the double coloured stripes on the outside, VS a single stripe for the Standard model.

Also, some 5500 came with dual axles. Again, probably a heavier trailer.

Mine is a '81 single-axle Deluxe. The previous owner added a lot of useless (to me) junk in this trailer and made it a heavy pig. When I bought it, I ran it on a scale and it was just above 3000lbs empty . In my renovation project I'm confident I'll be able to shave at least 200 lbs from this weight (which is probably a reasonable weight for an empty Deluxe), and keep it below 3500lbs loaded ready to go. A Standard model would weight about 2400 lbs, but this is my guess, I've never actually weighted one. I've read claims of 1700 lbs, empty but I can't see how this could be possible.
Carl V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 10:08 PM   #6

My understanding is yours would be #15.
330 vs 332: 0 would be a "standard" model, and 2 a "Deluxe".

Not sure what the "33" would mean, we don't have enough data to figure it out.
There was a front dinette and a front gaucho option as well. Might have something to do with this. Or the number of axles. Or the outside colors (most were striped orange, some were blue) Or...
Old 06-29-2016, 10:19 PM   #7

British Columbia
Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
My model (1981) has a front dinette - a couple of inches narrower than the back dinette. Also has a double (dark grey) strip. Has a larger fridge/oven/hot water/furnace etc.
Also previous owner put on an 'attached' 12 foot awning -very nice - which will add more weight!
So it appears my model is a 'deluxe' model nbr 15 of between 60 ish to 140 ish??? total production - which was in Ontario.
Could you please give me the 'site' ID for getting the infor sheet you stated in your email?
Thanks very.
Dennis
Old 06-29-2016, 10:36 PM   #8

Document center:
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/d...p?do=cat&id=30

So yours is listed as a '81 with serial number 15? I would have thought a "low" number like that would be an early 1980. Number 72 and 73 on Dave's list were 1980s for sure.

We don't have enough numbers in Dave's list to figure out if the numbers started at 1 and then up, or even if they are sequential. At 15, yours would be the lowest number listed here.

You mentioned "dark grey stripe", are these original? Mine had orange stripes but we took them off because they looked old and we're thinking of having it re-striped in dark grey. Any pictures?
Old 07-02-2016, 04:14 PM   #9

British Columbia
Hi Alvin,
PLEASE email me directly at dennisanderson@shaw.ca When I receive your reply I will email you approx. 20 pics that I took of my trailer yesterday - as purchased. As I am not sure how to post these pics on this reply site!
Thanks.
Dennis Anderson

Tags
trillium, weight