Inside vs Outside shower? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-06-2011, 01:41 PM   #21

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Scamp only inside. Escape and Trilliam can have both inside and outside. Not sure on the rest.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 01:58 PM   #22

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrugg View Post
We've had two trailers with an outside shower and never used. Our new EGG CAMPER does not have one. We expect not to use the inside shower unless hooked to sewer because the gray tank is small. Very small water heater, too, but still useable.
Funny enough when hooked up to sewer is when Im less likely to use my trailers shower, as a campground with hook ups will normally have showers as well. Its pretty easy to drain the gray tank or at least a portion of it without moving the trailer - you can buy a special tote to drain it into or you can just use an open bucket which is what happens when I forget to bring the tote! :-)
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 11:41 PM   #23

Name: Aimee
Trailer: currently shopping
California
Thanks for the tips and advice, everyone. We decided, based on what you are all saying, that the inside shower is the right thing for us.

Your experience and input are greatly appreciated.
aimeelightsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 10:24 AM   #24

Name: Jay
Trailer: 70's 13' Scamp
Georgia
Registry
We have a Trekker privy tent and a Zodi hot shower system. Propane powered and works great for dy camping or in situations where the showers are crowded (like festivals). Good idea to check with the campground before you set it up.
Jay B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 06:54 AM   #25

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: All...I guess we're the lucky ones. We have both inside and outside showers!!! Funny thing is we don't use either and prefer campground ones. I have a pair of Nike flip flops that I wear in the shower and they're usually dry by the time I walk back on site.
It'd be just my luck to draw the short straw and have to use the outside one!!!
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 10:46 PM   #26

Trailer: Bigfoot 19 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by aimeelightsey View Post
Thanks for the tips and advice, everyone. We decided, based on what you are all saying, that the inside shower is the right thing for us.

Your experience and input are greatly appreciated.
You won't regret your decision. I'm guessing the inside shower will yield better resale value.
Old 05-12-2011, 05:50 AM   #27

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
IMHO, if it's an either/or question when buying new.. go with the inside shower. Those are difficult to add later. However, several on this forum and the Casita forums have added outside showers at a later date. Looking at mods, it isn't all that difficult to do and you'll know once you really start using your trailer whether it's a mod you'll want to do too.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 09:59 AM   #28

Name: George
Trailer: Escape
Oregon
Outside Shower

Looking for some pictures of typical outside shower installations. Considering retrofitting my Escape with an outside shower enclosure but not much on-line to see so far. The idea I have is to attach a portable semi circular ring and shower curtain on hooks on the side of the trailer, use a couple of stones to stand on and mount the outside shower handle on the outside wall of the trailer. Have seen this done on a cabin but not on a trailer. This would be used when dry camping and only with appropriate soap. Idea is to avoid using the inside shower which is small.
sporkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 10:11 AM   #29

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
We use the all-weather mat from the back seat of the RAV4 to stand on. Don't have an enclosure. I can't imagine how that would mount on the trailer without supporting legs. Why not just place already available enclosures next to the trailer?

Your info says trailer is a Casita, BTW.
Attached Thumbnails
exterior shower.jpg  
Old 07-04-2015, 10:41 AM   #30

Name: Clif
Trailer: 08 Weiscraft Little Joe 14 Subaru Outback 2.5i CVT
Louisiana
Registry
I was a big fan of the navel shower until Laura told me the rest of me was beginning to smell.
Old 07-04-2015, 11:02 AM   #31

Name: George
Trailer: Escape
Oregon
Thanks Glen,

Sometimes we make it more complicated then it needs to be. I corrected profile. Have an Escape 19 on order. I note the shower attachment on the side of the Escape. Is it just one of those sticky back attached ones?
sporkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 11:32 AM   #32

Those are suction devices that you can get at ETI. Need to clean the trailer surface ( I use Bon Ami spray for window cleaning ) and wipe the suction cup before attaching.
Old 07-04-2015, 12:30 PM   #33

Name: jack
Trailer: Bigfoot
Arizona
Glenn, where did you get the picture of George Clooney showering and why is he using your ID to post?
tidewater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 12:51 PM   #34

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
Here's a selection of curtain rods than could be easily adapted to the outside of an RV, either as a fold down or removable. Let us know if you get one and how it works out.
https://www.google.com/search?q=outs...w=1920&bih=954

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 01:07 PM   #35

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
In the 5 years we have owned a fiberglass trailer I have never used the indoor shower.
If the CG has showers I use the CG's shower. If we are camping in a desolate area I use the outdoor shower and I am not concerned about a little gray water draining on the ground.
When we are fishing in some remote area, I take a dunk in the lake.
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 06:59 AM   #36

Name: Steve
Trailer: Scamp 19
Arizona
In 3 years of owning our trailer we have never used the inside shower. We have it rigged, but what a mess it makes and I don't carry enought water to make it practical. When we camp off the grid and do often, we do a sponge bath. Works for us
captsteve2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 08:29 AM   #37

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
On the other hand, my small Sunrader Adventure pop-up motorhome had an even smaller wet shower and we used it all the time. By using a shower wand with an on-off control we could get a nice hot shower using less than 3 gallons of water each from a 12 gallon tank. Worked for us.

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 07:36 PM   #38

Name: Randy
Trailer: 2003 Casita 17' SD
Duluth,Minnesota
I have both on my Casita, use the inside one for showering and the outside one for washing dishes. Wouldn't want to be without either one of them but if given a choice I would prefer the inside shower for sure. I could always do the dishes in the little kitchen sink if I had to but I usually make to much of a mess!
Randy Hagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 11:47 AM   #39

Name: Crystal
Trailer: 2008 Fun FinderX 160, wanted Eggcamper all electric
Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Hagen View Post
I have both on my Casita, use the inside one for showering and the outside one for washing dishes. Wouldn't want to be without either one of them but if given a choice I would prefer the inside shower for sure. I could always do the dishes in the little kitchen sink if I had to but I usually make to much of a mess!
I usually do my dishes outside too due to a small one bin indoor sink, but my one friend gave me grief about the gray sink water I was tossing out on the grass.....really??? since when does the food we eat and the dawn dish soap polute the earth more than your excursion you use to pull your 30 ft trailer she used :/ sometimes I just don't get it.....so now I'm always a little concerned people are watching me
Old 03-01-2016, 11:59 AM   #40

Food particles in the dish water attract rodents. That's why parks often provide dish washing stations and require campers to use grey water containers and dumps.
Think about it. Every day, different campers maybe, but every day, campers dumping grey water ( probably on the same bush ).