Interesting-no LED's on new rigs - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 02-23-2013, 09:38 AM   #15
Name: Orlen
Trailer: Eggcamper 2007 ('Wolf's Lair')
The fixtures installed in even the high end RVs only cost the manufacturer about $4 to $5 each (bulb included) when they buy them by the truckload. It is all about how cheaply they can throw them together.

In my camper I retrofitted LED assemblies from The ones I bought only cost about $4 each and are at least as bright as the incandescent bulbs originally installed. I also bought a 24" low profile bar light with over 100 LEDs to install over the galley that is extremely bright and only cost $28. The small bulbs only draw about 300mA and the bar light draws about 600mA. That's a lot better than the 1.4A drawn by the 197 bulbs.

Orlen Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 09:45 AM   #16
Name: Dave
Trailer: Escape
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
Escape offers an interior LED lighting package as an option ( $200 ). Also, LED reading lights for $35 each. There are eight fixtures in my 17B ( also a lamp in the range hood, but I'm not sure if that's included ). I replaced my tungsten bulbs with LED a couple at a time in the fixtures I use most. I've got a couple yet to replace.
My Escape will be arriving from the factory in April with LED lighting both inside and out. Incandescent lighting is a thing of the past.

Dave W - 2013 Escape 19' and 2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser

"You've got to be very careful if you don't know where you are going, because you might not get there." - Yogi Berra
Ice-breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:09 AM   #17
Name: Jack
Trailer: '98 BURRO 17WB
Generally speaking, if diodes with comparable values are used, the panel or stalk with the greater number will produce more lumens/brighter illumination so number of SMDs does usually matter. Again the anology is light bulbs. 1X100 watt bulb will produce more illumination than 3X 25watters. However 4X 100watt bulbs will produce more illumination than 3X 100 watt. I have bought several lots of 36 and 48smd flat panels and have yet to find a 36 brighter than a 48. YLMV.

rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 03:07 PM   #18
Name: Herschel AKA BAMA & Pachyderm Posse
Trailer: 2010 Casita LD 17 , tug 2015 Ram Hemi 5.7 395 hp 410 lbs T
Lil Snooz comes standard with LED`S
BAMA & Pachyderm Posse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:36 PM   #19
Name: Thom
Trailer: Chevy AWD Van Conversion
Astoria Oregon
even though our 38 foot fiver we full time in is always plugged in to shore power, i went ahead and switched to LEDs from bumper to bumper. I could dig out the receipts, but suffice to say i spent several hundred dollars over the course of ~a year replacing everything that i could. We like the cool white style in the rig and having the low-temp running bulbs is wonderful. No more overheated fixtures from the halogen or incandescent bulbs.

Once the Parkliner arrives i will be placing an order at Sailor Sams

Blogging from the WET! Coast of Oregon
Bed, Bath, & Beyond...
2010 Chevy Express 1500 AWD Van
Archive: Parkliner #35 build thread
accrete is offline   Reply With Quote