Interior themes - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-01-2009, 06:08 PM   #1

Trailer: Trillium
How do people come up with the themes for there units? We have been trying for awhile and can not come up with a good theme.. If I could get some ideas it may help... Gene P.S. I am going to use a 1956 Chevy Belair to pull the 1974 13' trillium.
Gene B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 06:27 PM   #2

Trailer: 1972 Boler American ('The USS NeverSail')
Registry
Go Retro with a 50's era Soda Shop look. Make the kitchen have the soda counter look have the booth table look like those in the soda shop. I am sure you can find fabric with prints of classic cars, people in period clothes, and rock and roll records. They are making radio/CD/mp3 docking stations that look like the old jukebox on a small scale. Rent the original "back to the future" movie and look at it for ideas. You can get the retro glasses/dishes at walmart. You can find a lot of items from the 50s at antique shops and if you keep your eyes open you don't have to spend a lot of money on it. Done right it could be very cute and eye catching. Good luck with whatever you choose. Most important ....HAVE FUN!
Old 06-01-2009, 07:03 PM   #3

Trailer: 1970 Campster
The 50's soda shop look is a great idea. I saw a Family Wagon (a version of a pop-top FGRV) that did not have screen in the side windows but had a tray table they attached to the window kinda like they did in the 50's where the waitress brought your food out to your car wearing roller skates. It was really cool and functional. It made kinda a serving window for drinks, etc.
Lisa H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 07:05 PM   #4

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
My theme.... clean. Seriously. I'd say, what colors do you like... then what "theme" works with that? Art Deco would be cool... but that's because I like dark green, burgundy and silver tones. How about black and white with some dark blue (like the cushions) thrown in? Since you've got a 50s car, you've probably gone to lots of car shows. Think Surfer, Coca Cola (although I think that's been overdone so how about A&W Root Beer!), Route 66 and instead of Flamingos how about Pelicans or Eagles.

How are we doing?
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 07:06 PM   #5

Trailer: 1974 Compact II
Send a message via AIM to Chuck H
Quote:
How do people come up with the themes for there units? We have been trying for awhile and can not come up with a good theme.. If I could get some ideas it may help... Gene P.S. I am going to use a 1956 Chevy Belair to pull the 1974 13' trillium.
Gene, we started with a black and white color theme as I wanted a black and white checkered vinyl floor for our 74 Compact II. We added black and white check curtains found at Bed Bath and Beyond. Then to go with the car theme and black and white we added a Route 66 salt and pepper shaker and napkin holder. Grey tweeed cushions to match the tweed in our 56 Chev 150 and it just seems to snowball. Best of luck and best of all do your thing and have FUN. Oh yea, I also had a Chev bowtie vent sewed into the pop up top on the trailer to seal the deal. Chuck H
Attached Thumbnails
P1010011__Medium_.JPG   P1010012__Medium_.JPG  

P9070148__Medium_.JPG  
Chuck H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 08:17 PM   #6

Trailer: 1982 Scamp 13 ft
I love lighthouses, so it was easy to come up with a theme for our Scamp. I found fabric in a lighthouse print & went from there. Whatever you enjoy can become your theme. Have fun with it!
Sandra
Sandra Lair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 11:07 PM   #7

Trailer: 2001 13 ft Scamp / 1993 Jeep Cherokee
I was walking through the hardware store and these Birdhouse decals just jumped out at me. I love California Quail so I have several wall hangings of them.

Then I was in WalMart a year or so ago in the kitchen section and lo & behold there were some Birdhouse towels, hot pads and mitts. Out went all the green towels I had in the trailer, in came the Birdhouses.
2019 Ram Longhorn
Joy A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 12:19 PM   #8

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Gene. some great ideas, I think anything 50's to match your Belair would be cute.

I have been trying to come up with a name and a theme but I am at a loss on both. I have been thinking a lot lately about both my Dh's and my camping experiences as children. Both of our families were big into camping. Mine more camping for water skiing. His camping for fishing. I have a ton of pics of both, so I was thinking of going that direction. Just need to figure it out I guess. Please show pics of what you come up with. Thanks Robin
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 08:41 PM   #9

Trailer: Hunter 1 / Chevy Blazer
Registry
Wink

Mine was easy, red trailer...interior/
watermelons, apples, cherries many opitions

thought about red & white chexs, like a table cloth, then thought ants/

But I went with strawberries, found material, mom ( ) made curtins, I found strawberries on plates, cups, pillows, pot & pans, towels, salt & pepper shakers. Anything I loan out at at campout comes back because of the strawberries.

Linda
Linda of San Diego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 09:12 PM   #10
Administrator

Trailer: Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
Check out this old thread, if you haven't already: Interiors - not a how to thread.
Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 09:29 PM   #11

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Quote:
Hi: Gene B... Belair... BELAIR??? as in Hollywood...Movie Stars!!! There's your theme.
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 06:10 AM   #12

Trailer: Boler 1984
Find some nice material, for either curtians, or seat covers, or placemats, etc. and then make everything match.... Or not.
Then post your pictures
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 07:43 AM   #13

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
Walk through discount stores and watch catalogs like Collections, Inc. or Terry's Village. Walk through antique stores. That is how we came up with Southwestern theme (We were also matching the orange of UHaul and blue to match our VW pickup.), although we have trailers and VWs seeping in now. I saw Southwestern bathroom things in Walmart and Terry's Village. Then I matched with a bedspread from a discount store. I am planning to add a crocheted afghan that my mother finished for me when I botched it. It is not Southwestern; it is Cherokee, but it maintains the colors and native American theme. We also added a picture and dreamcatcher that we bought one year during our yearly volunteering at Pine Ridge Reservation.

CindyL
Old 06-03-2009, 08:35 AM   #14

Trailer: 1976 Tripple E Surfside

Click image for larger version

Name:	img_0480_640x480.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	20760

Name:	img_0484_640x480.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	20764

Name:	img_0487_640x480.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	20766
Attached Thumbnails
img_0481_640x480.jpg   img_0482_640x480.jpg  

img_0483_640x480.jpg   img_0486_640x480.jpg  

Old 06-03-2009, 10:33 AM   #15

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Arrow

Think:
Royal Canadian Mounted Police
Gendarmerie royale du Canada
The Mounties

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:RCMP_logo.png

RCMP Logo, Maple Leaves, Bison, North-West Mounted Police (NWMP), Horses, Dog Teams, American Whiskey Traders - Fort Whoop-Up, Red Uniform the Red Serge & Brown Stetson (wide, flat brimmed) Hat, Brown Riding Boots with Spurs, and Brown Leather Gauntlets; also Regimental Badges & Insignia.

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/unif/badge-insigne-eng.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Serge

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fort_Whoop-Up

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Canadia...arly_activities

Side note: We enjoyed the museum at the RCMP Academy in Regina, Saskatchewan when we stopped to see it.

Our only interior theme addendum was to put an "Indian" or Native American a Navajo-like motif red rug down on the floor. We like the white on white of our Scamp.

Addendum: This could be what you need, THINK:
First Nations Motiffs of the North West Coast
http://www.crmuseum.ca/shop/index.html
2009 White Ford F-150 Reg. Cab Longbed ARE Topper
Adrian W is offline   Reply With Quote