Internet Telephony - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 09-03-2010, 09:33 AM   #15
Commercial Member

Name: Deb & Chuck
Trailer: Bigfoot, Boler, Trillium, ECO, U-Haul, Burro, Escape, Trailswest, Compact Jr., Casita, Scamp
Washington
another fact.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Chuck View Post
Hi,
We just signed up for the google-gmail internet telephone last week and are absolutely thrilled with the quality of the calls, we call friends in Canada frequently. I understand that this service has only been offered to the USA so far, but with plans for expansion. We also have had Magic-Jack for about 3 years. We use it while traveling along with our laptop. The calls range from good to so-so quality wise. It is better than paying roaming cell phone rates and gives you the ability to call home for free while on the road.
Deb
PS
I forgot to say with google-gmail service you use a web cam with a microphone and so you can see the other person. With this service you can call regular landlines and the party you are calling DOES NOT have to have this service as with Skype. Also, I'm hearing on posting boards that this service IS available other places than the USA already.

Old 09-03-2010, 03:30 PM   #16

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
We replaced the home phone with Magic Jack. Call quality sometime suffers.
I have Skype on all of my computers and my iPad, and pay the $30.00 a year fee to be able to call cell phones and land lines. Call quality is always good.

If you have a computer that is on all of the time you can get an incomeing phone number on skype for $60.00 a year.

That's $90.00 a year for unlimited call in and out, to and from any phone. with your own Skype phone number.

Old 09-03-2010, 03:42 PM   #17

Name: Richard
Trailer: Trillium 1300 Nor'Easter Egg '06 Ranger Supercab 3.0L auto
Newfoundland
Send a message via Skype™ to Richard Hayes
Thumbs up Wish We Could...

...but Skype doesn't supply Canadian numbers at this time, while we have one for the MagicJack. Agree that the sound quality can vary, but it's generally very good; if it's really rocky, just calling again usually gets you a better connection. We buy $14 blocks of Skype time for landline and cell outgoing calls - find that worked well for us, but we'll now use the MagicJack for those since it's free. Will check out the $30.00 a year Skype package - that'd be excellent if it is available here. Thanks for the info...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSChilders View Post
We replaced the home phone with Magic Jack. Call quality sometime suffers.
I have Skype on all of my computers and my iPad, and pay the $30.00 a year fee to be able to call cell phones and land lines. Call quality is always good.

If you have a computer that is on all of the time you can get an incomeing phone number on skype for $60.00 a year.

That's $90.00 a year for unlimited call in and out, to and from any phone. with your own Skype phone number.