Introducing the Happier Camper Traveler - Fiberglass RV


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-02-2019, 07:23 PM   #1
Commercial Member
 
Name: Mike
Trailer: Boler13/trillium4500/buro13
Ontario
Posts: 788
Introducing the Happier Camper Traveler

For any one in the Los Angelas area the next 10 days we will have the first production HCT at one of the largest recreational vehicle events in North America at the Auto club Speedway in Fontana Ca.October 4th - 13th. Any one interested can contact Happier Camper as we have a limited amount of tickets for the event.hope to see you there
__________________

Mikmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 10:23 AM   #2
Member
 
Fredomatic's Avatar
 
Name: Frederick
Trailer: 1974 Perris Valley Pacer
California
Posts: 73
Iíll be there! Looking forward to seeing the new models. Cheers
__________________

Fredomatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 06:40 AM   #3
Raz
Senior Member
 
Raz's Avatar
 
Name: Raz
Trailer: Trillium 2010
Vermont
Posts: 4,574
Happy Camper Traveller? Is this a new model? If so, where are the pictures!
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 07:07 AM   #4
Commercial Member
 
Name: Mike
Trailer: Boler13/trillium4500/buro13
Ontario
Posts: 788
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz View Post
Happy Camper Traveller? Is this a new model? If so, where are the pictures!
Photos coming after opening of the show today
Mikmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 03:48 PM   #5
Commercial Member
 
Name: Mike
Trailer: Boler13/trillium4500/buro13
Ontario
Posts: 788
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredomatic View Post
Iíll be there! Looking forward to seeing the new models. Cheers
Just look for the area with no swooshes on every trailer.
Mikmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 08:39 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Jon in AZ's Avatar
 
Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Posts: 8,182
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikmay View Post
Photos coming after opening of the show today
Checked here and the website. When can we expect some pictures of the new model? Looking forward to seeing what youíve come up with!
Jon in AZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 04:03 PM   #7
Commercial Member
 
Name: Mike
Trailer: Boler13/trillium4500/buro13
Ontario
Posts: 788
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon in AZ View Post
Checked here and the website. When can we expect some pictures of the new model? Looking forward to seeing what youíve come up with!
Thanks for your interest Jon , still waiting on HC head office to give me green light on posting pictures as they have not officially launched the HCT. You can however see the trailer in person at the Fontana RV show .
Mikmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 04:26 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Jon in AZ's Avatar
 
Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Posts: 8,182
Registry
Iím not in Fontana (though I was in Los Angeles last week), so Iíll wait for the online unveiling.
Jon in AZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 04:38 PM   #9
Junior Member
 
Name: Tom
Trailer: In the market
British Columbia
Posts: 23
I saw the article on Curbed.com about the Sprinter 144 floor system. That's all I could find though. Still nothing here, or on their website.
Anachron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 06:16 PM   #10
Commercial Member
 
Name: Mike
Trailer: Boler13/trillium4500/buro13
Ontario
Posts: 788
Yes Happier Camper has designed a fg floor system for the Sprinter and also soon the Ford transit that will be compatible with the cubes and components of the HC1 and the HCT.
Although you can see the HCT in person at the Fontana show HC has delayed sharing photos until the official launch the end of oct or early nov. will post the launch date soon and invite anyone here to come by HC for the official launch event.
Mikmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 02:57 PM   #11
Junior Member
 
Name: Brian
Trailer: shopping
Colorado
Posts: 14
So, I had a chance to check out the HC2 in person today. The build quality seems really nice, and the styling is great! Much better styling than the HC1 in my opinion.
The layout isn't exactly what I'm looking for, but I would imagine most people would be very happy with it. The price is rather high, and there is very little fridge space (less than I've ever seen in any similar setups). Much like the HC1, the interior is modular and there are tie down points throughout, but with only the small entry door typical of most fiberglass trailers, I don't see how this trailer would be useful hauling things. There would be no way to haul even a small motorcycle, because there would be no way to load it. I think the trailer would be much better suited with permanent fixtures rather than the modular design. The shower stall in the model I saw kind of divided the front from the rear also, which pretty much rendered the modular design useless.
All in all, it is a great looking little trailer, and seems to be built well. They've improved on a much older design, and fixed most if not all of the weaknesses of the original trailer they're modeled after.
I took plenty of pictures, though I'll hold off on posting them as not to spoil the official launch/reveal.
Grabow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 04:42 PM   #12
Commercial Member
 
Name: Mike
Trailer: Boler13/trillium4500/buro13
Ontario
Posts: 788
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabow View Post
So, I had a chance to check out the HC2 in person today. The build quality seems really nice, and the styling is great! Much better styling than the HC1 in my opinion.
The layout isn't exactly what I'm looking for, but I would imagine most people would be very happy with it. The price is rather high, and there is very little fridge space (less than I've ever seen in any similar setups). Much like the HC1, the interior is modular and there are tie down points throughout, but with only the small entry door typical of most fiberglass trailers, I don't see how this trailer would be useful hauling things. There would be no way to haul even a small motorcycle, because there would be no way to load it. I think the trailer would be much better suited with permanent fixtures rather than the modular design. The shower stall in the model I saw kind of divided the front from the rear also, which pretty much rendered the modular design useless.
All in all, it is a great looking little trailer, and seems to be built well. They've improved on a much older design, and fixed most if not all of the weaknesses of the original trailer they're modeled after.
I took plenty of pictures, though I'll hold off on posting them as not to spoil the official launch/reveal.
Thanks Brian for your input on the HCT ,yes you are correct on not having the ability to use this trailer as a mini hauler as we decided not to install a rear hatch. We have decided to make the HCT as different from the HC1 as possible after all why make a bigger clone of the HC1 when all it will do is take sales away from that trailer and make it harder for customers to choose.Casita,Bigfoot and escape all did that and all eliminated there smaller trailers.
The HCT has been designed for those looking for a more traditional style trailer with some HC1 functionality. Yes the center bath and galley kitchen do separate the space but does give the ability for separate sleeping areas kids on one side parents on the other or four adults having privacy.
One of the reasons for the center bath/shower is to keep the tongue weight lighter as we have installed the truma heater/ water heater in the front tongue box,which provides thermostatic controlled ventilated heat throughout the trailer.
Yes the HCT shares the modular cubes and components with the HC1 and allows the customer to choose how they would like to use there space . The HCT you had seen is only one of several layouts we will be designing. Yes the drawer style fridge you saw is on the small side but does give the ability to take items out with out having to go in and out of the trailer.there will be other models with out the wet bath that would house a closet and larger fridge.
Once again although we try to maximize the space of the HCT it is still only17 feet and trade offs will always have to be made.
Thanks again Brian for your comments and input as I’m sure there will be many more to come . Ps as to the tie down points that give the illusion that you can tie down a motorcycle in there they are also the place were we bolt the body to the frame and make a much more solid connection and are cross sourced from the HC1.
Mikmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 07:43 PM   #13
Junior Member
 
Name: Doug
Trailer: Looking
Texas
Posts: 3
It sounds like an interesting build. I would be interested if the interior height is a bit taller. Is it the same 6'1" like the HC1 or is there more height. I'm 6'5" so every bit helps.
pmaknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 08:33 PM   #14
Commercial Member
 
Name: Mike
Trailer: Boler13/trillium4500/buro13
Ontario
Posts: 788
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmaknight View Post
It sounds like an interesting build. I would be interested if the interior height is a bit taller. Is it the same 6'1" like the HC1 or is there more height. I'm 6'5" so every bit helps.
Yes it is quite a bit higher than theHC1
Mikmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 07:55 AM   #15
Junior Member
 
Name: Doug
Trailer: Looking
Texas
Posts: 3
That's great to hear! I look forward to the full reveal where we can get more information. I have a young family now, so bunk beds would be great, but as the kids grow, it would be nice to modify the inside to fit our changing needs. That is where the modular design could be super helpful. I could also modify it on the type of trip we are taking. A bathroom and kitchen are a must for the wifey, so this could be a perfect fit.
pmaknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 11:32 AM   #16
Commercial Member
 
Name: Mike
Trailer: Boler13/trillium4500/buro13
Ontario
Posts: 788
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmaknight View Post
That's great to hear! I look forward to the full reveal where we can get more information. I have a young family now, so bunk beds would be great, but as the kids grow, it would be nice to modify the inside to fit our changing needs. That is where the modular design could be super helpful. I could also modify it on the type of trip we are taking. A bathroom and kitchen are a must for the wifey, so this could be a perfect fit.
Yes there will be Groucho style bunks available soon and like the HC1 there will be no obstructing support poles
Mikmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 12:05 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
Glenn Baglo's Avatar
 
Name: Glenn ( second 'n' is silent )
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B '08 RAV4 SPORT V6
British Columbia
Posts: 6,383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikmay View Post
Yes there will be Groucho style bunks available soon and like the HC1 there will be no obstructing support poles

That will be interesting.
__________________
What happens to the hole when the cheese is gone?
- Bertolt Brecht
Glenn Baglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 07:04 PM   #18
Commercial Member
 
Name: Mike
Trailer: Boler13/trillium4500/buro13
Ontario
Posts: 788
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
That will be interesting.
Do you mean the bunks or the or the unobstructed supports as they both have been available on the HC1 for almost 2 years but due to the different body contours they will need to be redesigned for the HCT
Mikmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 08:04 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
Glenn Baglo's Avatar
 
Name: Glenn ( second 'n' is silent )
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B '08 RAV4 SPORT V6
British Columbia
Posts: 6,383
I want to see what Groucho bunks look like.
Attached Thumbnails
Screen Shot 2019-10-13 at 7.03.21 PM.png  
__________________
What happens to the hole when the cheese is gone?
- Bertolt Brecht
Glenn Baglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 08:12 PM   #20
Commercial Member
 
Name: Mike
Trailer: Boler13/trillium4500/buro13
Ontario
Posts: 788
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
I want to see what Groucho bunks look like.
You know ? Groucho slept on them in his star trailer! Sorry spell check got me again but I know I can always count on you Glenn to back it up.
__________________

Mikmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
happier camper


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sealand Traveler Toilet Robert Bemis Classified Archives 0 06-21-2006 08:19 AM
SOLD: 1986 Casita Luxury Traveler Missie Classified Archives 0 04-01-2006 03:23 PM

» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.
» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
×