Is it fiberglass - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-16-2013, 07:51 PM   #1

Trailer: Chalet
Send a message via Yahoo to Lynn Musgrave
Is it fiberglass

Saw this posted on the pop up forum and just thought it was interesting and they say it is Fiberglass

Kamplite Camp Trailer

P.S. it is on craigs list
Lynn Musgrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 07:58 PM   #2
Commercial Member

Name: Kevin
Trailer: 1995 Scamp 13
Pennsylvania
Registry
Ad removed.
KevinPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 08:54 PM   #3

Trailer: Chalet
Send a message via Yahoo to Lynn Musgrave
I checked back to the other forum and someone from there had also tried to look at it and also noted that it has been removed. Wonder if it sold already or if it was found to be a scam.

It was interesting though,IF it comes up again I will try to post it again.
Lynn Musgrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:31 PM   #4

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Lynn, if this is what your talking about, then yes it is....... It was for sale on Greg's site so I would say fiberglass..........

1989 12' Kamplite fiberglass travel trailer | Mundy Park area, BC, Canada | Fiberglass RV's For Sale

So cute!
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 06:20 AM   #5
Commercial Member

Pennsylvania
Registry
When I looked it said "flagged for removal" which means that it was reported as a scam. Found a lot of scam ads when I was looking for a truck, pictures of trucks with backgrounds that couldn't possibly be anywhere near here (palm trees) and prices way too low for what they claimed to be selling. I've gotten some great deals off Craigslist, but had lots of goofy people call me when I've been selling.

That is a neat-looking camper, the front end looks like a Kenworth!
Old 05-17-2013, 07:10 AM   #6

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
Flagged = Scam? maybe Not....

[QUOTE=KevinPete;388111]When I looked it said "flagged for removal" which means that it was reported as a scam.
------------------------------------------------------------

"Flagged for Removal" does not always mean it was a scam. I have had ads flagged off of Craig's list that certainly weren't scams. Here's a few reasons they are flagged off for other than being scams:

1. Phone number was listed incorrectly or other accidental errors like "wrong year" like 1978 not 1987.

2. Accidental statements by sellers that pi$$ off purists.

3. Again, purists that think the price asked is either to high (buyers) or to low (sellers) and want the ad removed.

4. Buyers that want to block other buyers from seeing the ad until they go look/find money/make up their mind or convince spouse.

5. Buyers that think the seller will drop price if the ad keeps getting flagged.

6. The PC Police. There is a group that gets it's thrills by looking for errors or miss-statements as a reason to flag ads.

There is a volunteer section on Craigs list that will evaluate flagged ads for why they were flagged as well.

In my own experiences it seems that #4, blocking other buyers, is the #1 reason for non-scam flagging. As I rent out rooms, this is very common, a would be tennant flags the ad to keep others from renting before they can.

While it usually takes more than one flag to kill an ad, it's not uncommon for some buyers to have access to many accounts from which to block. I have heard that as few as three flags will kick an ad off, others have said as many as 10 are needed and Craigs list isn't talking.

All that said, if you see an ad that was flagged reappear, walk carefully until you determine if it is a scam or not.

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 07:44 AM   #7
Commercial Member

Pennsylvania
Registry
Interesting insight, Bob, thanks!
Old 05-17-2013, 08:14 AM   #8

Trailer: 2007 Casita
I would say if it was flagged on Craigslist it's probably a mistake, cause it was listed on Fiberglass rv for sale and they are pretty diligent about investigating anything they advertise.

Another thing I use to wonder about on flagged craigslist ads. what if someone who is interested in purchasing the item up for sale, flags it so no one else is able to see it?

I assume it takes several "flags" to actually flag, but I always wondered.
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote