Is it me, or is it this site? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 06-14-2010, 07:39 AM   #15

Trailer: 2002 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe
It's not a question of how to get to the top of the post. Everyone surfs the net differently. Some of us use the back button a thousand times a day. It was just a question as to why it doesn't work as well on this site and I don't know the answer.

Old 06-14-2010, 08:22 AM   #16

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Quote:
It's not a question of how to get to the top of the post. Everyone surfs the net differently. Some of us use the back button a thousand times a day. It was just a question as to why it doesn't work as well on this site and I don't know the answer.
It's doubtful any of the other sites anyone visits are usng the same version of the Invision Powerboard as FiberglassRV. Then, think of all the different operating systems members of FiberglassRV are using. Unix, Mac (everything from Classic to Leopard), Windows 2000, XP, Vista, and 7. Too, the different browsers. The best we can hope for is to give people the solution:
Switch off "Show friendly HTTP errors messages or provide alternate methods of navigation. As I said, I NEVER use the back button. That's my choice just as others have made theirs.

Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 09:47 AM   #17

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
I log on and use "view receint post" Using the bread crumbs do not work on this so I have to use the down arrow next to the back and forward bottons (top left) and then find where I need to go. Usually within the last 3.

I have never had this problem with other forums. I think it is the way this forum is using layering, it comes up as seperate pages. Or somethng like this.
2cents worth. Not much of a problem for the worth of this site.
Old 06-14-2010, 01:09 PM   #18

Name: Alan
Trailer: FORMERLY:Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Deluxe ('The White House')
California
Jerry, I do NOT know "why" or "how" it is an IE issue, but it is. My daughter had been "suggesting" Mozilla Firefox ANYWAY, and now I have both. When I visit this forum with IE, three clicks for the back button. Firefox, one click. Dunno how or why, just WHAT.

Quote:
I have the same problem on this site, and this site only. To me it's much easier to hit the back button than scroll back up or down to the end of a thread. I've become used to it on this site and just click the back button twice when going back to the list of posts. I'm not a real fan of IE or firefox for that matter. They both have their little idiosyncrisies. I just don't understand how if it's an IE problem, why it doesn't happen on other sites. I probably visit 50-75 sites on any given day and fiberglass forum is the only one which doesn't recognize the back button on the first click.
Old 06-14-2010, 07:08 PM   #19

Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Registry
I'm the same Jerry, back button no longer works on this site only, works just fine on other sites. Use to work in the past on this one. Just a little stange. Does anyone know what change happened. Change to the site setup? or was it the last Windows update that knocked it out.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 07:10 PM   #20

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Quote:
or was it the last Windows update that knocked it out.
It was the last update, you need to Switch off "Show friendly HTTP errors messages" in Internet Options, Advanced.

Sorry, we can't control what Microsoft does.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 07:15 PM   #21

Name: Pam
Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Michigan
Registry
I changed the 'HTTP error' setting on my internet options a while ago when it was suggested, and it continues to work beautifully. 30 seconds spent = so much less frustration!
Since I still use the Back button a lot and it saved me having to learn a new habit