Is Parkliner Out of Business? - Page 12 - Fiberglass RV

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2015, 01:38 PM   #155

Name: unsubscribed
Trailer: Shopping
Oregon
yes....

yes, I recall reading that too, Ken. Interesting, if it were me and I were building campers I would want each one marked and all the info of the purchaser, but that's me. Chandler missed the boat on a lot of things, but not all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken C View Post
"It isnít as if millions of units had been built and sold. He should have been able to name every owner"

In the archives, PL never kept track of owners who bought new (it's own customer contact information). Cheers Steve.

Old 12-10-2015, 02:11 PM   #156

Trailer: Oliver Legacy Elite II
Mississippi
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken C View Post
...In the archives, PL never kept track of owners who bought new (it's own customer contact information)...
Unbelievable!!! What a guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaF View Post
...So Steve, your saying that those things that probably broke in the accident (I said probably) should have also been fixed by the company or did I read that wrong?...
Yes, Linda apparently you did read that wrong. What I said was ď...since Chandler had agreed to do this work, he should have done it or notified Frank immediately that he would not be doing it for whatever reason...Ē And itís ďyouíreĒ not ďyourĒ.

I stated I was taking sides. I took it and now Iím done. I think itís time for this topic to be dropped. Weíve managed to run off a member with nearly 2000 posts that actually OWNS a trailer.

Old 12-10-2015, 02:13 PM   #157

Name: unsubscribed
Trailer: Shopping
Oregon
"What has not being the first owner got to do with anything?"

Steve, I don't know what campers include all owners during a specific time period. IF they warranty things like certain car companies with their 100,000 mile warranty, that is only good to the original purchaser. I'm not certain if that is the case with ParkLiner.
BTW.....ME, I am not taking sides with anyone here. That's not what this was all about.
I will take some of my own advice and "let it go". On to more threads in hopes of making friends and learning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Outlaw View Post
I've been reading this thread for over 5 months now. The focus has shifted during its run from "are they still in business?" It is only natural that it would do so since the OP posed a simple yes/no question that could have been answered in a post or two.

Frank entered this fray early on and immediately made it clear that while there is no love lost between himself and Chandler, he really loves his Parkliner. He has stated that in numerous posts in numerous threads. Now I know neither Frank nor Chandler or, for that matter, any of the participants in this Parkliner saga. I have never even seen a Parkliner so I don't really have a dog in this race. But Iím taking sides...

I hope Frank is still at least reading the forum and I donít blame him for being pissed. He has no culpability in this situation, all the blame clearly lies with Chandler. Exonerating Chandler because

just doesnít hold water.

I agree that the original owner of Frank's unit "should" have notified him of the previous damage when it was sold, that's the honorable thing to do. But apparently not all folks subscribe to that line of thinking. That being said, Frank states he was unaware of the damage until it was pointed out to him by Chandler when the unit was returned to the factory for work that Chandler had agreed to do.

What has not being the first owner got to do with anything? If Chandler didn't already know that Frank was not the original owner, he simply was not paying attention. It isnít as if millions of units had been built and sold. He should have been able to name every owner. I say that since Chandler had agreed to do this work, he should have done it or notified Frank immediately that he would not be doing it for whatever reason. Not preforming the work was bad enough but not telling him and allowing Frank to leave assuming the work had be done is just inexcusable.

What I have gleaned from reading many posts with Chandlerís name in them was he was a good engineer, a poor business man, undependable, furtive and basically a jerk. Personally, Iím glad heís out of the fiberglass trailer business. I hope the new company owners (when and if they surface) will be better at it and can supply and service Parkliners for all the new and current owners.
Old 12-10-2015, 05:18 PM   #158
Raz

Name: Raz
Trailer: Trillium 2010
Vermont
Quote:
Let's each put $5.00 in a pot and guess what the date will be for their first delivery.
Quote:
Weíve managed to run off a member with nearly 2000 posts that actually OWNS a trailer.
Dave and I gave Frank advice from personal experience. When I was in the same situation I realized I had two choices. I could find a lawyer or deal with things myself. Continually trashing the other guy may make you feel good but it won't solve your problem. I can't imagine Frank was offended by either of our posts, but who knows. Perhaps he found Steve's "lottery" offensive? Unfortunately the written word lacks the cues face to face conversation provides and so misunderstandings can occur. I don't think anyone ran Frank off. And I suspect with time to think about it, he'll be back. Raz
Old 12-10-2015, 06:11 PM   #159

Name: Pat
Trailer: Parkliner
Michigan
I'm pretty sure no one (except Steve's childish grammar comment) is trying to offend. If a car is in an accident who is responsible for the repair, the dealership or the insurance company. The biggest rotten thing that Chandler did was not to do the work and not even show up to tell Frank. But considering the trailer had been in an accident what responsibility did the factory then have for the trailer. There are many twists and turns to this story and no perfect answer. Frank, I sure want you to love your trailer and be happy with Daisy again…...
Old 12-10-2015, 06:20 PM   #160

Name: Glenn ( second 'n' is silent )
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B '08 RAV4 SPORT V6
British Columbia
Punctuation would be appreciated.
Old 12-10-2015, 06:22 PM   #161

Name: Kevin
Alabama
I really enjoy this website and the help by many members it provides. I cannot speak for anyone but myself but the Parkliner is awesome. Sooo many who have viewed mine at campsites and agree and then they ask where can I buy? So, that has always been the struggle with my answer. In reality if not for Tom Bass's involvement the announcement of closing would probably have been earlier. Tom force some positive customer service issues but could not rescue the business as the popularity of the camper grew out of the "garage" stage. This was a concept put into reality but not organized as a business and suffered as such. The product is great (after correction from early designs) but the business never was functional. I dealt with Chandler on several occasions. He was a very nice guy. That is why some have a great experience with him. He also dropped the ball and Tom picked it up. That is a summary of my dealings with him. Just felt the need to say all of this because I appreciated all of Frank's enthusiasm and earlier post when he first purchased his Parkliner (before Chandler's promises and lack of delivery on promises) This whole post is probably out of place but I just wanted to say I always enjoyed Frank's post and innovation in customizing his camper and hope he will share that with us in the future.
Old 12-10-2015, 06:55 PM   #162

Name: Jack L
Trailer: Bigfoot B-17 CB
Washington
I thought Franks main concern was the wheel well modification which was surely a factory defect and Chandler was supposedly committed to fix. Putting undersize tires on looks to me like Chandler wanted to find a low cost solution rather than keep his word and fix the problem properly. The accident had nothing to do with the wheel wells.
Old 12-10-2015, 07:30 PM   #163

Name: Pat
Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack L View Post
I thought Franks main concern was the wheel well modification which was surely a factory defect and Chandler was supposedly committed to fix. Putting undersize tires on looks to me like Chandler wanted to find a low cost solution rather than keep his word and fix the problem properly. The accident had nothing to do with the wheel wells.
Jack, I might be wrong and hopefully Frank will correct me if I am sticking my foot in my mouth but it seems to me that there were no rub marks on Franks trailer and if that is true I suspect that they figured they would do something hence the new tires. Believe me, I am not sticking up for Chandler, I think that Frank spent a huge amount of time and money getting his trailer down there with little to no satisfaction. I am sad that Frank didn't come away from there happy. But, saying that, there are still a lot of us that are very happy with our trailers and I would love to see more of these little gems made so others can enjoy them like many of us do.

Tags
parkliner