Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2015, 08:58 AM   #15

Name: Robert
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Past Tents" 2015 F150 Lariat Ecoboost Crew Cab
Texas
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by P. Raz View Post
While in N.C. in May we sent them an email. We intended to stop by to see their trailer. We've yet to receive a reply. That's out of business as far as I'm concerned.

The good news is that these folks put a queen bed, a dinette, and a bath in a 15 foot trailer that was competitively priced. It would appear they were overwhelmed by the demand. I suspect someone else will notice and we will see a similar trailer in the not too distant future. Raz
Based on several of the comments above, it doesn't look like it was a demand issue, but a disagreement between the owner/partner that forced a business rearrangement. Of course, demand could have contributed. Here's hoping they stay in business and eventually get back to full production. There are so few fiberglass rv manufacturers compared to the stickies.

Old 07-02-2015, 09:16 AM   #16

Name: Bob
Trailer: 1973 Hunter Compact II
California
Yep, I can't count the number of companies that went under when they got to many orders for their product. But I can count the number that went under from poor management and/or poor customer service/relationships.

Let's see, there are no less than four FGRV start-ups this year and several others that shut down. Lets wait and see what happens.

Old 07-02-2015, 09:48 AM   #17

Name: Ken
Trailer: No Trailer Yet
US
Maybe Jayne Relic trailers can get off the ground. You can see one at the sonofabear trailer rally in Enumclaw July 9th as mentioned on their twitter. If anyone goes, please post your impressions.
Old 07-02-2015, 11:44 AM   #18

Name: BillC
Trailer: Parkliner; 2013 Honda Ridgeline
North Carolina
Parkliner is no longer at 106 E Railroad Ave

I stopped by their "former" Gibsonville facility on June 30, 2015 and found it had been cleaned out and that another company had taken up residence. All the new tenants could tell me is that the former tenant had vacated and they had been there for several weeks. They had no other information.

I hope Chandler is well and the company is somehow still in business.

It's still a great camper. It is not uncommon for RV and boat manufacturers to go out of business. A good product will always hold its value.
Old 07-02-2015, 12:35 PM   #19

Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillC View Post
I stopped by their "former" Gibsonville facility on June 30, 2015 and found it had been cleaned out and that another company had taken up residence. All the new tenants could tell me is that the former tenant had vacated and they had been there for several weeks. They had no other information.
Basically what you are saying is that it is operation normal of Parkliner in so far as their communication with prospective as well as current customers is and always has been very poor. Which is, if they are in fact out of business a big contributing reason for their departure.

Their Facebook Page as well as website still show their address a 106E Railroad Ave. No announcement on either site that they have moved.

Most companies that move post something to that effect on their Webpage and Facebook page and put a sign at the previous address advising where they have moved to or at the very least advise the current tenant where they went so they can tell anyone who comes looking for them at the old address.
Old 07-02-2015, 12:43 PM   #20
Raz

Name: Raz
Trailer: Trillium 2010
Vermont
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan View Post
Based on several of the comments above, it doesn't look like it was a demand issue, but a disagreement between the owner/partner that forced a business rearrangement.......
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Miller View Post
Yep, I can't count the number of companies that went under when they got to many orders for their product. But I can count the number that went under from poor management and/or poor customer service/relationships.
You missed my point. I never said demand put them out of business but simply that they were overwhelmed. i.e. had lots of interest. If these folks can come up with a queen bed, dinette" and bath in 15 feet then someone with better business skills might do it and succeed. We can only hope. Raz
Old 07-02-2015, 01:14 PM   #21

Name: Bob
Trailer: 1973 Hunter Compact II
California
Quote:
While in N.C. in May we sent them an email. We intended to stop by to see their trailer. We've yet to receive a reply. That's out of business as far as I'm concerned.

The good news is that these folks put a queen bed, a dinette, and a bath in a 15 foot trailer that was competitively priced. It would appear they were overwhelmed by the demand. I suspect someone else will notice and we will see a similar trailer in the not too distant future. Raz

Italics added.
Old 07-02-2015, 01:24 PM   #22
Raz

Name: Raz
Trailer: Trillium 2010
Vermont
Good. It took two tries but you got it. There was so much interest that they couldn't keep up with it. That is overwhelmed by demand.
Old 07-02-2015, 01:30 PM   #23

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
And don't look for any changes soon to either their web site or Facebook page. After Cameron left, they might as well have just shut the Facebook page down. And you can count the changes to their web page on the fingers of one hand, if you've had 3 amputated. Amazing in this age of social media. Any failings of the company are directly on the owner's back. He may be a wizard, but he's a doofus as far as I'm concerned.

Nice trailer though...

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
2013 4wd Escape 2L Ecoboost with 3500# tow package
Old 07-02-2015, 01:33 PM   #24

Name: Glenn ( second 'n' is silent )
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B '08 RAV4 SPORT V6
British Columbia
Quote:
Good. It took two tries but you got it. There was so much interest that they couldn't keep up with it. That is overwhelmed by demand.
Following that theory, there would only be crumby trailers, tow vehicles, crab traps, televisions, hamburgers ... on the market.
Old 07-02-2015, 02:07 PM   #25

Name: Charlie
Trailer: 2014 Lil Snoozy
North Carolina
Registry
We visited the Parkliner factory back in 2013. I was impressed by the trailer and appalled by the "factory". Fiberglass was being sprayed in the same room where assembly was being done. If OSHA had come in they would have been shut down. Nice trailer but I am glad we went with LiL Snoozy.
Old 07-02-2015, 02:10 PM   #26

Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_a View Post
And don't look for any changes soon to either their web site or Facebook page. After Cameron left, they might as well have just shut the Facebook page down.

Frank
Yup last post to their company Facebook page was April 2014! That says a lot about the company and its inability to communicate effectively. There are posts by others though asking if they are still in business or if an appointment to see a trailer can be made going unanswered.

It would as you say be better to have just removed the Facebook page completely so perspective customers are not left wondering about their operating status.

Their website at least has a 2015 copyright logo on it which indicates they have done something on it this year - or maybe that was an automated change
Old 07-02-2015, 06:54 PM   #27

Name: Robert
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Past Tents" 2015 F150 Lariat Ecoboost Crew Cab
Texas
Registry
Parkliner is Out of Business

Quote:
You missed my point. I never said demand put them out of business but simply that they were overwhelmed. i.e. had lots of interest. If these folks can come up with a queen bed, dinette" and bath in 15 feet then someone with better business skills might do it and succeed. We can only hope. Raz

No, I think I got your point just fine. You said "overwhelmed by demand". I simply added I didn't think they had too much demand, but a management dust up.

Whatever caused the problem, here's hoping they survive.

I mean this kindly, but if you don't want your point "missed" perhaps you should make it more clearly. Demand is not the same as interest or inquiry. Demand deals with production - or supply. Words have meaning.

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
Old 07-02-2015, 07:06 PM   #28

Name: Thom
Trailer: Chevy AWD Van Conversion
Astoria Oregon
Registry
I pondered before posting...

I'm a happy PL owner. Any who followed our PL thread knows we had our ups/downs with PL#35 wheel well clearance issues. But after the rig's wheel wells were brought up to mold-version-two specs all is well. I guess we now have two classics? Chevy discontinued making the All-Wheel-Drive full size van we have, and _maybe_ a Parkliner is as rare as seeing the Sun in December on the Oregon Coast ; )

I'll add that my chats with Chandler were some of the most enjoyable I've ever had with anyone involved in the RV industry. I would sit around a camp fire with him any time if possible. . . and wish him all the best.

Thom

Archive: Parkliner #35 build thread
Closed Thread

Tags
parkliner